European League 2010

• Elchicha never say never. I must say that about polish names You know a lot I see. Some People think that Bartek is Bartosz. But that is wrong. Bartek is Bartlomiej, Bartosz is Bartosz^^

• BTW, we know this not really fair but in Fivb Ranking Spain is 40th and Romania is 50th. Israel... 90th from 100 positions.

Ranking by FIVB is very anormal. Israel 90th very easy will beat 15th Algieria. So Ranking FIVB is without sense.

• www.laola1.tv is showing European League finals this weekend also Turkish sport channel NTVSpor is going to broadcast all matches.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Israel to challenge three experienced teams for Women’s European League finals
    2010 CEV Women’s European League Final Four

Ankara, Turkey, July 23, 2010. In 2009, CEV proudly extended the European League by creating a women’s division. After many spectacular matches during the qualification phase starting early in June, four of the best European women’s teams are now ready to battle for the second Women’s European League title

Technical meeting TV schedule

Serbia as titleholder, Bulgaria and host Turkey are the favorites for this year’s Women’s European League gold medals. Israel, after many years of absence on Europe’s top level, will do their best to challenge the much more experienced teams from Turkey, Bulgaria as well as Serbia.
    In presence of CEV Vice-President and Supervisor Mr. Jan Hronek, the four head coaches met at the Technical Meeting on Friday night in Turkey’s capital Ankara. Bulgarian head coach Dragan Nesic said his team “will play against the top favorite in Saturday’s second semi-final versus Turkey. We play with a quite new team against the hosts who showed before that they are ready to perform on a very high level.” Turkish head coach Alessandro Chiappini is not sure about such a well-defined initial position: “We know about our strength, but we lack in playing experience at this moment. The four games versus Israel were cancelled during qualification; we haven’t had enough top level duels to be a 100% ready. I guess Serbia and Bulgaria are as favorites as we are.”
    In Saturday’s first semi-final, titleholder Serbia will meet newcomer Israel. “We are very happy to be back on one of Europe’s top competitions”, said Israel head coach Arie Selinger. “In my opinion, our opponents are much stronger than we are. But we are here to win, to have a good time and to see how far we can go.” Serbian head coach Zoran Terzic explained that “the two pool matches a week ago against Bulgaria were important for his team. We played very well, this weekend we’ll have the chance to confirm these results. My team is very competitive, they always want to win.”
    CEV President Mr. André Meyer is very happy that the Women’s European League “immediately established its role on the international scenario with FIVB having endorsed a provision stating that this year’s winning team will be automatically qualified for the 2011 FIVB World Grand Prix.”
    Even tough hosting international events is not an initial for the Turkish Volleyball Federation, this time it is absolutely a “première” as Baskent Volleyball Hall is doing the honors of its “first” international final. Mr. Erol Ünal Karabiyik, President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, said that “his sole desire was the most valuable teams of European Women’s volleyball to show Ankara’s volleyball fans the visual feast, aesthetic, and the contest spirit of our beloved sport.”
    The Final Four of the second edition of the Women’s European League will start today Saturday with the semi-finals Serbia against Israel at 17h00 local time, followed by Turkey versus Bulgaria at 20h00 local time. On Sunday, the bronze medal game will be held at 17h00, while the Final will start at 20h00 local time.

Women’s Final Four in Ankara (TUR):
    Match schedule:

Saturday, July 24, 2010
    17:00h (local time) Serbia vs. Israel
    20.00h (local time) Turkey vs. Bulgaria

Sunday, July 25, 2010
    17:00h (local time) Bronze medal match
    20:00h (local time) Final

Line-ups:

Serbia: Nikolic, Brakocevic, Zivkovic, Krsmanovic, Majstorovic, Molnar, Vesovic, Ognjenovic, Veljkovic, Bjelica, Rasic, Cebic. Coach: Terzic.

Israel: Frage, Shebotarov, Velikiy, Volivach, Devash, Zinober, Vysotski, Kolnogorov, Haim, Arazi, Ponte, Artmenko. Coach: Arie Selinger.

Turkey: Pelin, Nihan, Bahar, Naz, Esra, Neriman, Eda, Meryem, Ipek, Neslihan, Seda, Gizem. Coach: Chiappini.

Bulgaria: Nenova, Zetova, Zarkova, Yaneva, Ruseva, Karakasheva, Filipova M., Rabadzhieva, Vasileva, Filipova S., Nikolova E., Nikolova T. Coach: Nesic.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Come on Israel!!!!!! finally the work with Selinger is a living proof to what you are capble of, and it's only gonna get better!

I know it's gonna be tough against Serbia but Veliky and artmenko are so good, and selinger is doing an amazing job with both of them, especially now that they signed in Europe for next season, which i am sure will improve them as well!

"Ani Lo Mevin Eich Ze Kara, Pitom Kvar En Od Derech Hazara, Shavoy Bakesem Hakhaol, Ve Kol Hayai, Amshich Rak Lehehov, oy oy oy oy oy oy oy"

• Can we see final four somwhere on the internet?

• Can we see final four somwhere on the internet?

Ok I already found it - laola1 :)

• Well I think Turkey will be on pressure. They must win. Bulgaria not. Of course I talk from psychologic point. I hope in this match will be tie-break.

• I really would like to see SRB or BUL for the first time in WGP. And also the qualification will be interesting this year - NED, RUS, ITA, GER and two of BUL, SRB and TUR - and only two spots.

I know that some of you will hate me but I'm happy that Poland got WC :gone:

• Noone wants participate to Grand Prix 2011 Qualification tournament :lol: Hope Turkey can get GP ticket easily :gone:

• Sorry but Israel is not really any good, they didnt play any major european team this year, just average or weak like Ukraine, Slovakia, Greece, Spain
    and i know that Slovakia Greece and Spain didnt play with best players, dont get me wrong Israel made some improvement but its going be only short-lived as most of the players are quite advanced in age
    Serbia is way beyond the reach of Israel, if Israel wins that game or even one set we could be talking about miracle

• Well I think Turkey will be on pressure. They must win. Bulgaria not. Of course I talk from psychologic point. I hope in this match will be tie-break.

There is no pressure on our players..They know Bulgaria is a good team..They said it many times..They won't do the same thing like last years final..! :super: :D Good luck to all teams!!

• When World Grand Prix will be like World League. 16 Teams. System with tournament can stay. And then qualif to Grand Prix like in World League. Europe will dominated places in but Best Teams should play in this Tournamet. Best Federation with rules about Best Teams not equality Continents is Handball.

• First time i am watching a match like this in turkey :what: Probably this is the best way to protect everything :hit:

• Not protect everything Starnight... Viruses and Bacterium are vigilant... They are only waiting... :D

• So if Turkey and Israel will both lose or win they will play each other tomorrow without public? 8| It will be silly situation for Turkey