The 2011 CEV Champions League

• The CEV Championship League will be streamed by laola1.tv again. Both compettions. Men's and women's 8)

• Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO prepares to defend its European crown

Bergamo, Italy, November 16, 2010. Two-time defending champion Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO organized yesterday an official press conference to set the tone for the upcoming start of the 2011 CEV Champions League. The event was held in the press room of the PalaNorda and chaired by the club’s President Mr. Luciano Bonetti who summed up the main challenges waiting for the queens of the past two editions. The press conference was attended also by local Organization Director, Andrea Veneziani, and Mr. Carlo Pessina, representing Norda, i.e. the new main sponsor of the local girls

Two players were to be seen there as well, namely Romanian middle-blocker Iuliana Nucu and setter Noemi Signorile, who this year will make their debut in the Champions League.
    Mixed with the journalists and sponsors’ representatives there were also coach Davide Mazzanti, assistant coaches Bregoli and Lavarini, trainer Bramard and some more players, e.g. Marina Zambelli, Sara Carrara and Caterina Fanzini.

CEV

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• ZOK SPLIT 1700 will debut in a Pool comprising only real powerhouses

Split, Croatia, November 16, 2010. ZOK SPLIT 1700, a club that was founded back in 1979, will make next week its historic debut in the CEV Champions League. The expectations and ambitions of the Croatian club are easily recognized, the main goal is to learn and collect experience in this “big League”, especially since it is clear that any victory in Pool B would be a big, tremendous surprise. There is no club in the world which would like to be in the same group with defending champions Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO, last year’s runner-up FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL and Russian giant Dinamo MOSCOW.

“We are happy that we can learn from teams like that, not only about the game but also about the organization of such an event. Our plan is to let the world know about Volleyball in Croatia, and to keep the position of Croatian clubs in the CEV Champions League. We know that each of our opponents have great players, players who won the World Championships and the Olympics, and numerous European titles. But every time we step out to the court we only think about winning the game, I believe that we can make them work hard for the win” said the coach of ZOK SPLIT 1700 Angelo Vercesi at the official press conference held at the splendid Spaladium Arena.
    His players have similar opinions about the season in the CEV Champions League in which the majority of them will participate for the first time. Captain Cecilia Dujic was a member of the Croatian national team at the FIVB World Championship in Japan but she admits that the Champions League is a completely new challenge for her and her teammates.
    “To think that we can beat anyone in Pool B is not our plan. We know that they are better teams, but we can do our best to make them sweat for every point. If they underestimate us, maybe we can have some slight chance to make a surprise. In any case, the appearance in the CEV Champions League is a great success, we are planning to enjoy every moment”, said Dujic.
    ZOK SPLIT 1700 will start their campaign in Moscow on November 25, after that they will host FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL in the first ever CEV Champions League game in Split. The great venue of Spaladium Arena with 11’000 seats will be ready to host the biggest clubs in the world and ZOK SPLIT 1700 will surely welcome them properly.

CEV

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• This year's Champions League will be very competitive and fun to watch. There are so many strong teams.

All three Turkish teams, Dinamo Moscow, Zareiche,Rabita,Bergamo,Villa Cortese,Pesaro, Cannes, Muzyna... These teams have really good and strong squads.

Just look at the opposite players of teams Flier(or Hooker), Glinka, Skowronska, Aguero, Darnel, Kozuch, Mammadova, Goncharova, Ortolani, Centoni, Kaczor, :obey: Just amazing.

I'll be cheering for Eczacibasi Vitra with Darnel,Mirka,Del Core,Elif,Duskyevich,Bown and Gulden. Just wondering how the players coming from WCH will perform.

Can't wait to see the first games esp Fenerbahce Acibadem- Foppa Bergamo. I'll be in the hall taking pictures.

• I will support Eczacıbaşı but they dont have good matches in Pool :lol: I wish go to all IECL+League matches if i find time from university :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think Bergamo wont go to Istanbul with all team this first match. I read the girls from WCH will rest, and have a little vacation, so they wont play first game of Champions LEague....

saying that, I guess Fenerbahçe wont have much problem to win their first match

• I think Bergamo wont go to Istanbul with all team this first match. I read the girls from WCH will rest, and have a little vacation, so they wont play first game of Champions LEague....

saying that, I guess Fenerbahçe wont have much problem to win their first match

Really ? My morale is broken ;(

• what a pity :( I wanted to see it on tv but know I think it wouldn't be interesting without Bergamo's all team.
    But...on the other hand it's better for Fenerbahce

• what a pity :( I wanted to see it on tv but know I think it wouldn't be interesting without Bergamo's all team.
    But...on the other hand it's better for Fenerbahce

I want to watch live and see world stars Bianco,Piccinini,Merlo,Ortolani

i hope all the staff come to Istanbul

• If I lived there I would say the same :) What great ocassion to see all of them. I hope they'll play

I also support Bielsko at Champions League, my home club :D but they're not in good form ;( but I hope they'll play well and then in play-offs

• :wavy:
    This year's Champs League looks very interesting and unpredictable.
    * The streak of ITA teams winning is very likely to end, for so many 'foreign' teams have become top-quality competitors. On the other side, Italian 'winning' teams like Pesaro and Bergamo seem to face a 'transitional' year:
    * Foppa lost both Furst and Dal Core: Picci and Leo are aging and did poorly in the WCH, Nucu and Vasileva are a risky betting.
    * I would feel more confident in Pesaro, this year. They are hungry for victory in Europe, are a solid team and have got Manon Flier and the WCH star Destinee Hooker: but it may be difficult to integrate the newcomers in the team. The new trainer Tofoli seem to be brilliant, yet he' s relatively unexperienced ...
    * Villa Cortese is still an alchemy and not yet a team, IMO. In particular, I wonder how they will perform abroad, especially when facing tough teams. And don't forget: Tai Aguero is 33 (34 in march 2011) and she may turn out to be less effective in her playing.

** Whatever it goes, good luck to the Italian trio, wish you make me take back my own words ... :win:

• Really ? My morale is broken ;(

I want to watch live and see world stars Bianco,Piccinini,Merlo,Ortolani

i hope all the staff come to Istanbul

Sorry to be the one to tell that :( But it was what I read, but who knows, maybe they travel, and even play if they felling well....never knows...;)

• I'll support Aguere in their first time in a european competition! They haven't a lot of many but they were able to take some Spain NT player. Maybe they can win one or two matches. We'll see!

Patricia Aranda, spanish setter of Jamper Aguere La Lugana (1,81m, 31 old) made the choice
    to stop her carrier ! The first setter is now the young (18 old) Maria Larrakoetexa
    and the second, is the Ukrainiain Oksana Zaporozhetz... 39 years !!!

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012