Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• i'm so surprised that japan play push game in volleyball too, they r from good country but why they use this method to destroy our trust in international sport like this. so sad to japanese people who cheer up thier team at the stadium but thier jap player not do thier best in the game . japanese volleyball players not play dark game to us only but they also not care for thier people who cheer up for them

i'm so sorry that i look japan in a bad way that they play game but i'm honest to my feelings and i can separate the dark game should be separated from sport.

now i change to cheer up for korea and will buy korean products instead of japanese products

• It really hurts to see those pictures of the Thai players. They are one of the very few teams who always played with the same composition for the last 4 years and worked really hard to make their dream come true, and then one match destroys everything and they did not even have any influence on it :(

• In Japan's defense, it wasn't an obvious fix like the Bulgaria-Brazil episode on the men's side. It's very understandable that once they won 2 sets there was a huge letdown in concentration. Qualification is the whole point of this tournament and as the host they were under a lot of pressure to make it through. Once they achieved that, there is little incentive to win the rest of the match.

• of course, i strongly agree with you

It really hurts to see those pictures of the Thai players. They are one of the very few teams who always played with the same composition for the last 4 years and worked really hard to make their dream come true, and then one match destroys everything and they did not even have any influence on it :(

• 'If everything is going to happen this way, the same group of teams will enter the UK, Japan, Italy, Russia, the Dominican Republic and Algeria. The other six will make the United States, Brazil, China, Serbia, Turkey and Korea. But it was too disproportionate in this case would be two groups. In this case, there is an option when the hosts are added last. In this embodiment, a group like this. First USA, Italy, China, Dominican Republic, Turkey, United Kingdom. Second, Brazil, Japan, Serbia, Russia, Korea, Algeria. In this embodiment, six appear to be more smooth. One will actually soon find out.'

Source: http://www.championat.com/voll…t-tak-by-i-v-londone.html

So apparently there is a second option?

• fixed or not, I'm very dissapointed with Serbian NT.
    I understand they were not in best shape this week,
    still I anticipated much better performance from the depending European Champs.

They were too inconsistent,
    and sometimes looked like just a bunch of individuals who happen to share same side of court.

• FIVB <3 to change rules, but I think they will follow the Serpentine system.

• Its sad to see thailand on that situation but...

JAPAN beat them during the qualifications so i would be leaning more to the thought that they are more qualified to go to Olympics than Thailand.

• I was torn between Serbia and Thailand because these are two teams that I both like and cheer for. :white:

Unfortunate for Thailand that they narrowly miss out on the Olympics. This is the problem when your results are not strong enough to control your own destiny and you have to rely on other teams' results to determine where you place.

For Serbia, they need to get healthy and get better. I saw some flashes of good things from them in this tournament but nowhere near consistent enough to challenge the top teams. I won't care for excuses in the Olympics that they don't have their A-team because some players are injured. Whoever goes has to play with the mentality that they are the A-team. Every other team in the world has to deal with injuries and they are no exception.

A dramatic ending to a stressful Olympic Qualification process. I wonder what the Grand Prix and Olympics will bring.

• Congrats to both Serbia and Japan. Indeed, It was an interesting tournament. I just hope no one wanted to play a fixed match. What a drama for Thailand...I feel so sorry for them. If I'm not mistaken, the main thai players are from the same generation and they can possibly try to make it in 2016. It sounds like too far from now, but from what I've seen from them, they can make it come true.

Anyway, I'm glad that We're going to see Serbia in London. This tournament was like a tough test for them...had to play without strongest weapons such as Nikolic, Malagurski and Molnar. hopefully they come back as soon as possible and play like last year.

• sport is sport , winner get pride from wining
    and if some winner use some gap to find ways to win and so other players dream is ended by bullshi* walks
    if they r strong enough to control thier own destiny and don't have to rely on other bullshit walks to determine thier rank.
    those winner is not a pure winner