Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Regardless of whether it's the "right" or "fair" way, it's totally within the scope of the rules. As long as they do not represent other NT's prior to joining a country's NT they are not considered "naturalized." Russia has Goncharova and Perepelkina who aren't native as well.

• Regardless of whether it's the "right" or "fair" way, it's totally within the scope of the rules. As long as they do not represent other NT's prior to joining a country's NT they are not considered "naturalized." Russia has Goncharova and Perepelkina who aren't native as well.

I think Makhno is also naturalized

• Bulgaria 15 -9 Azerbaijan. Congratulations!

I don't know if it is success for us without Mammadova or not. Also, Rahimova couldn't play very well .

It's not about being within the rules or not...

It's about the background of this processes...buying a NT...

For example: Dutch NT Women's team tabletennis has become European champion..the whole roster consists of naturalized players...sorry, but it's slapstick !!

And I don't point at Azeri NT especially...you talk about Russian players..-- > also wrong develoment in my opinion.

• Probably one of 3 finalists from these 3 tournaments.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• All Netherlands players are naturalized?! :what:

• In table tennis so many countries have naturalized players from China :D

• In table tennis so many countries have naturalized players from China :D

Yes. It's one big comedy :lol:

• Welcome to the modern world. Professional sports is a for-profit industry. The concept of a player representing a country having to have been born in a country or a not being ethnically representative of the nation they're playing for is outdated and slightly xenophobic. If a federation is willing to accommodate a foreign-born athlete of higher quality than someone born there and the foreign athlete is willing to live and train in that country and represent them on an international scale I don't see the slightest problem with it. In fact, here in the USA there are athletes that live full-time, train using domestic facilities, and still represent other nations in international competitions and I don't have the slightest issue with it.

• slightly xenophobic

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Ok, at this point you have become irrelevant to me...it makes clear, you don't get the essential thing :wavy:

• Welcome to the modern world. Professional sports is a for-profit industry. The concept of a player representing a country having to have been born in a country or a not being ethnically representative of the nation they're playing for is outdated and slightly xenophobic. If a federation is willing to accommodate a foreign-born athlete of higher quality than someone born there and the foreign athlete is willing to live and train in that country and represent them on an international scale I don't see the slightest problem with it. In fact, here in the USA there are athletes that live full-time, train using domestic facilities, and still represent other nations in international competitions and I don't have the slightest issue with it.

It's one thing to train in a foreign country and represent your own and it's another thing to buy players for your NT. Of course nowadays in every sport people do this(in some sports like basketball it's even more ridiculous) but isn't the meaning of "National team" lost in this way???
    Wouldn't it be bad if we see in the future Qatar's team filled with Cubans, Brazilians and Italians fight for every final with Turkey filled with Russians, Bulgarians and Serbians?

• Wouldn't it be bad if we see in the future Qatar's team filled with Cubans, Brazilians and Italians fight for every final with Turkey filled with Russians, Bulgarians and Serbians?

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

You got it ^^

• :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Ok, at this point you have become irrelevant to me...it makes clear, you don't get the essential thing :wavy:

Ok, you're the one who has a problem with Chinese table tennis players representing the Netherlands not me.

• Ok, you're the one who has a problem with Chinese table tennis players representing the Netherlands not me.

It's about disappearing the difference between NT and clubteam !!!

Read triglav_kran's post :teach: :teach:

• Because these players have never played in their NT, Azerbaijan chose players when they are young and they came to live and play in Azerbaijan .

But Mammadova played in junior level ( with Makarova, that later would naturalize too ), doesn't it count ?

It is a pitty Azerbaijan lost :( but even if Mammadova had played would be really tough to get the ticket to OG, maybe would've gone to next round, but then.....

Regarding the naturalization i am totally against too, i do not know you but i don't feel represented by someone who has nothing to with my country, even if is the best of the world it doesn't change the fact they play for interest, and that is not my country which is winning and yes the money - Anyway it happens all over the world in most of teh sports so Azerbaijan is not lonely in this case.

PS: In Soviet Union case i always get confused because although there are many naturalized players, they might have roots in the country they start to play, so i do not judge