Brazilian Superliga 2010/11

• Anymore news on this? I hear Marcelino will be going to Sisley Trevisio in Italy? They are not doing so well at the moment and maybe a change of setter might improve their motivation! What about rodrigao though? Such a shame to have such a quality player not playing at all!

Rodrigao said that he don't want to play out of Brazil. He is trying to create a team in his city Santos-SP to next season. That was one reason why Pinheiros dismissed him. But untill now we don't know what is going to happen. One possibility is that he will not play this season.

I hope that this situation will not affect NT.

• Rodrigao said that he don't want to play out of Brazil. He is trying to create a team in his city Santos-SP to next season. That was one reason why Pinheiros dismissed him. But untill now we don't know what is going to happen. One possibility is that he will not play this season.

I hope that this situation will not affect NT.

Thnks for the info!!!

• [LIVE STREAMS] MSL - Volei Futuro Araçatuba x BMG São Bernardo
    Watch Brazilian SuperLeague match between Vôlei Futuro Araçatuba and BMG São Bernardo this tuesday, jan. 11, 21h (9pm / 12pm CET), live in the link below:

LINK: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brazilian-…all-superleague

• and Volei Futuro lost again....no words to say Vissotto is playing really bad! great gae for the young guys of Sao Bernardo!

Yeah, great game. I'm impressed about Isac the most. He's really a monster at the net. I find amazing that he scored a lot of points in attack, even though all throughout the game his balls weren't being set properly. I think Fidele is a nice enough setter, but he really struggles with the balls for the middle.

As for Vôlei Futuro, what can we say? Vissoto is really sucking a lot these days. They really miss Lucão, cause their middles are good attackers, but not good enough blockers. Mário's been disappointing too, and their OH's are very unstable. Especially the cubans, I think. I like Mineiro, though, I think he should get more chances like last night, cause now he's usually their 4th option as OH.

I still think they're gonna improve in the 2nd turn and move to the playoffs obviously, but they're probably gonna get a really tough opponent, like Sada or Cimed. It's impressive how many "easy" games they lost already: São Bernardo, Londrina, Medley, Sogipa. I don't know what's going on, maybe they're physically destroyed.

• Agreed with both. Vissotto is playing terrible lately...
    He is not honoring the name "Leandro" :D

The last play of the game was symptomatic of what is happening with him. (Oh, btw, apologizes if someone tryed to watch from my stream this match. I had technical problems). :wall:

Mario Jr. didnt impressed me either and Camejo disapointed me so far (and he missed too much serves. It's time to go back to the basics). Only Ricardinho saves!! He's playing almost alone (when he isn't recoverying from injuries)...

But I dont think that a match against Londrina can be consider "easy" actually. It's really a surprise the way they are playing.
    Anyway, I hope that Volêi Futuro improves with the return of Lucão.

• But I dont think that a match against Londrina can be consider "easy" actually. It's really a surprise the way they are playing.
    Anyway, I hope that Volêi Futuro improves with the return of Lucão.

Actually, I agree with you too. I meant that we wouldn't expect Vôlei Futuro to lose to Londrina if you compare those too, but the game wouldn't be easy. Anyway, Londrina is so good now that they did what nobody could: they beat Sesi! Wow, that was impressive.

I have to say, actually, I was surprised Sesi was having such an incredible series, with no losses on their way. I watched their game against Montes Claros and they weren't that good... They miss Thiago Alves a lot and Murilo is obviously far from his best form... They pretty much rely on Sidão and on their opposite Wallace these days.

But, good on Londrina! They're this year's Montes Claros.

• Londrina is a good surprise this season. But i dont think they will be in the final like Montes Claros last season. Now every team will look to Londrina with another eyes, let's see if they will keep playing like they are now. I don't know why Robert Tarr left this team.

About Volei Futuro, it's always nice to watch their games. There is no team that can't play a good game agasint them. If they can't improve a little they will have some difficult to be in playoffs.

• Cuban NT players ar allowed to play in Brazil? :what:

• Giba suffered an ankle injury playing against Sesi ( Sesi beat Pinheiros 3-1) yesterday...he was playing very well :mad:

• Too bad. I saw this happen and then, my guess was something like "oh, now Pinheiros is F..."
    Haha, this happened in the best moment of the match for Pinheiros against Sesi, so I was right... :(

Giba was playing very good recently. ;( Without Giba and Rodrigão, my guess is still "oh, now Pinheiros is F...". :S

• And Volei Futuro lost again. :lol: :white: Leandro Visotto played a good game yesterday, after some bad games. But they have no confidence. When they lose a set they simply give up. This team can be out of playoffs if they can't improve a lot. And even if they play playoffs i dont think they will win agaisnt Sesi, Cruzeiro, Cimed or Montes Claros.

Cruzeiro played a perfect game yesterday. Leo Mineiro played last season in Russia, and did not have some opportunities to play but i think he is a great OH. He has a great reception and attack. Wallace is the best Opp of Superliga. I hope we can see him playing in NT this season.

• Giba's injury was a big hit to Pinheiros. And Medley Campinas is on Fire right now!! :teach:
    The fight for a spot in the playoffs will be amazing :cheesy: with VIVO Minas, Vôlei Futuro, Volta Redonda, Londrina Sercomtel, Medley Campinas and BMG São Bernardo fighting for 3 spots in the last 8 (Sesi, Cimed, Cruzeiro, Montes Claros and Pinheiros most likely will go through)!!!!!

• ... and in the end of the clash of giants, Cimed crushed Sesi in 3 sets (-25, -22, -20). Though the partials may indicate the match was close, I really don't think it was balanced. After leading with a small margin til the end of the 1st set and not being able to close it, Sesi spent the rest of the game always running after.

I'm afraid our league, as high-leveled as it is, it's becoming too predictable, and a bit boring, also. Is it possible to stop Cimed from achieving their 4th title in a row? Unfortunately, right now, it doesn't seem it is. Maybe it'll be just a run for the 2nd place. And i know there's a chance that things may change when we reach the playoffs, but I think we saw the same story in the past: the fact is that Cimed is head and shoulders above everyone else in the competition. Even Sesi, who had the best campaign so far, couldn't be a match for them.

I had hopes for Sada/Cruzeiro, cause I think they play in a very interesting way, kinda very peculiar. They're not great blockers, but they serve so well and dig so much, they have a great line of reception and a great setter. They play in high speed most of the time. But I don't know, it seems they're a bit vulnerable. They lost to Medley/Campinas, anyway, so that's not a good indicative. But I think it'd be cool if they reached the final match, since it'll be played at their home state and also, after the last couple of years, I thought twice they should've moved to the final but didn't cause they kinda freaked out, even having superior teams than their opponents at the semis.

Last hope, I must say, is that an unlikely miracle happens and Vôlei Futuro can go back to playing as good as they did at the finals of the Paulista Championship. But I think it's hard, they suck so much these days. Maybe Lucão can help, but it's not a good prognostic when in his first game back the team struggles as it did against Volta Redonda.

I don't know, guys, but I feel we already discovered our champion for this season: it's good old Cimed, who lost 3 starters this season, brought 3 good (but not as good) players to replace them and just maintains the level, unattainable. They're able to maintain their cool, keeping even an olympic champion at the bench. I don't think anyone can stop them.

• Wow, without Bruninho, Cimed Florianópolis was crushed by Londrina Sercomtel. :what:
    3 sets to 0!!

It seems that Londrina is the giant killers!! First SESI, now Cimed... :roll: