2010 Top Volley International

• @ Chipp

Come on...does it matter she made some points??? Did you count how many balls she hitted into the net, outside or in the block? Ok, Blansjaar played an awful tournament, so partly she is to blame, but everybody can see Koolhaas isn't equiped for opposite at all. She is just very tall. She moves like a robot (very slow) and she has got no power. Sorry, that's my objective opinion.

Oke, no problem. I agree on Blansjaar but i found Koolhaas in the start of the tournament (have seen all matches) not bad as OPP. It looked like she scored 60 or 70 procent. But this is my objective opinion

• Alajbeg is very good (only 1,84m) ! Joycina too and Pula didn't play each game. So, we're gonna see it
    in the final. Have fun men ))

She was good, but I find the setter, Grbac and OH Mihajlovic also very good/important for the team.

Now the final. Prediction: 3-0 Unilever

• It's really bad that Volero has to play 2 matches in a row now, after already playing 14 sets in the previous 2 days, and all that mostly with the same 7 players. I guess it will be easy for VF, but I hope Volero will keep fighting like in the previous matches.

• I agree she scored many ball in first matches - especially middle-backrow against 1person- or without block. That are the easiest balls. On position 1 or 2, or even rally-balls she has no solution, because she hasn no speed, power and smartness for oppisite-position.

Oke, no problem. I agree on Blansjaar but i found Koolhaas in the start of the tournament (have seen all matches) not bad as OPP. It looked like she scored 60 or 70 procent. But this is my objective opinion

• Yes But : RC Cannes could'nt come 'cause they play tomorrow vs Istres in french championship.
    And Volero Zurich didn't absolutely want to invit Mulhouse for this tournament. Bergamo is playing
    this evening vs Piacenza - Leo, we support you ! So, what team to invit ?
    And only 4 teams is really unbelivable
    I heard maybe a turkish team next year as Vafibank in 2007 (?)

And all the Brazilian will appreciate the french charming town of Paris. How
    But before, Paula, Joyce'a, Stacy and Co, that's cool and charming too ;-))

Beyond pathetic from "all-star" team ... this is at the level of mighty ZOK 1700 !!!
    that a fascinating match that would be .. :box: :box:

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:
    "Léo" flag bearer at the Olympics 2012

• Volero has a great setter (Grbac) and Mihajlovic is a great player as well :drink:

Dutch Allstarteam played a very poor tournament in general. Partly logical, because they trained only a few times together and some players played on a 'wrong' position.

Biggest disapponitments for me are the 'starters' Blansjaar, Schoot and - hard to say - Grothues. They all played an awful tournament!

Positive surprises are Steenbergen and the 'substitutes' Stoltenborg, De Vries and Pietersen.

• Dutch Allstarteam played a very poor tournament in general. Partly logical, because they trained only a few times together and some players played on a 'wrong' position.

Biggest disapponitments for me are the 'starters' Blansjaar, Schoot, Koolhaas and - hard to say - Grothues. They all played an awful tournament!

Positive surprises are Steenbergen and the 'substitutes' Stoltenborg, De Vries and Pietersen.

I agree on that. Only about Koolhaas I have some doubts ;) The played with Huurman as OH, Koolhaas as OPP and Pietersen as 2nd OPP, but there all MB.

• It's really bad that Volero has to play 2 matches in a row now, after already playing 14 sets in the previous 2 days, and all that mostly with the same 7 players. I guess it will be easy for VF, but I hope Volero will keep fighting like in the previous matches.

When you see the timetable it looks like they didn't expected a final with Volero. At start of the tournament you should say Volei Futoro - Perugia. Zurich played too good and now the final will be even more difficult having a four sets warming-up

• I agree on that. Only about Koolhaas I have some doubts ;) The played with Huurman as OH, Koolhaas as OPP and Pietersen as 2nd OPP, but there all MB.

I agree. I will edit Koolhaas, because she played on a wrong position ;) Huurman played decent, just like van Tienen, but I dont give them notes because they are so experienced..;) I just note the younger players.

I hope this tournament was an incident, especially for Schoot, because otherwise I willl get fear for libero-position in NT. van Tienen had to come inside the court stabilizing reception too many times...and since Wijnhoven totally finished her carreer ( I read in Volleybalmagazine) she won't come back even if Selinger would go away..NT could become big troubles on libero-position in the future..

• When you see the timetable it looks like they didn't expected a final with Volero. At start of the tournament you should say Volei Futoro - Perugia. Zurich played too good and now the final will be even more difficult having a four sets warming-up

Yeah...very bad the game jsut after, they had only 30 minutes between matches, only the time to change the uniform. That can slow their game and make their level worse, but I hope the make a good team, they have been playing well and its so young team, would be nice to see them playing well.

I agree Chip, I think they expect Perugia to play the final, but Perugia didnt care much to this tournament apperently, always putting mixed teams inside court.

• I hope this tournament was an incident, especially for Schoot, because otherwise I willl get fear for libero-position in NT. van Tienen had to come inside the court stabilizing reception too many times...and since Wijnhoven totally finished her carreer ( I read in Volleybalmagazine) she won't come back even if Selinger would go away..NT could become big troubles on libero-position in the future..

Wijnhoven is indeed retired. About Schoot, she did not play a great tournament. It can be an incident and otherwise there are enough alternatives. Knip (was also in Basel), Jiminez (Sliedrecht) and another possibility is to use Grotheus as libero. Like Jelte Maan is doing in the man national team. But that is only possible when there will be some great OH in the near future.

• 8-4 to 11-13 ! Zurich enthousiasm and 2 blocks Nice game. Come on girls

F4 2011: Fener-Vakif GSTT 4-13 at the end of tie break 1/2 final. Vakif' winner C'L. 2013 and 44 victories Just amazing :rose:

• I make some stats. Futuro : 2 aces, 2 blocks, 13 attaks and 2 faults
    Zurich : 2 aces, 2 out. 4 (!) blocks, 16 attaks and 2 faults

8-4 to 11-13 ! Zurich enthousiasm and 2 blocks Nice game. Come on girls

• Ouhhh 9-16. Big defenses from Zurich and it is very difficult to score for V. Futuro

I make some stats. Futuro : 2 aces, 2 blocks, 13 attaks and 2 faults
    Zurich : 2 aces, 2 out. 4 (!) blocks, 16 attaks and 2 faults

• Brazil girls are back 19-10 and 21-10. 4 blocks Go babies

Edited once, last by fraggle_r ().