Polish NT 2011

Shame. I remember times when he was real asses-savior. Both, in the NT and club.

Yeah, that was pretty much his role. He knew that he's not the best to play in basic squad. But two years ago, during ECh he used to be our basic player, and he was great sometimes, really. His serve, reception, attack- everything was working so well. Too bad I can't talk about him like that in present tense...

Do you remember Olympic Games 2008? Oh, man... I was so pissed that Lozano call Gierczyński instead of Bąkiewicz.

Sure. Can't be objective, though. 'Cause I really like Gierczyński and I've always had a lot of sentiment for him, almost for everyone from 'The Old Guard'.

• Good news about Zibi, guys!

(...) There were some concerns that player may not recuperate before European Championship, where white and reds defend gold medal. However, results of recent check-up gives a lot of optimism, because Bartman recuperate faster than anyone expected. Thus his performance on European Champioship seems to be possible. However, player's shape remains unknown. (...)

:thumbsup:

• Anyone's crying? :D I also think this guy has his best years far behind him. He didn't have a huge role in this year's WL, but still...it's a little weird not to see his surname in the roster, since he almost always has been called for NT :D
    I'm the most happy with Mika, I hope he will get some chances from Andrzej :D

hand up.. I'm someone feeling sorry for Bakiewicz. Before Gruszka showed up in the final round, Michal is the only experienced player travelling to all the guest matches. and when Bartosz was not in good shape, Baku is exactly the only OH who can substitute for him. I accede that Baku is no longer THAT offensive in attacking, however, his receiving skill is still convincing.
    I know that he may be not qualified for NT at this time, but he's never a useless one, he's de facto someone, moving forward from his glorious 09' ECh.

• Bakiewicz as a substitute for Kurek? Oh gosh...
    So, tell me, why Kurek played in EVERY match, without any changes during it? Anastasi was just scared, that Bakiewicz won't do anything. That he won't attack, that he won't receive the serve, that he won't serve good.
    He's in the NT, beacuse of 2009 and ECH - everyone here are grateful to him for this tournament. He's in the NT only for the name and achievements of the past, which have rather not repeat in future. He's useless. Sorry, but that's the fact and true. This is the time for younger players, like Mika, for example.

• Marian Kmita, sport director of Polsat said, that TV contract between Polsat and FIVB gave to Polish male NT wild card for WC. So it's 100% sure, that our NT will play in Japan.

Now, everything starts from the beginning... The whole world talking about Polish team geting another wild card.

• Now, everything starts from the beginning... The whole world talking about Polish team geting another wild card.

maybe not. perhaps the guys can finish top 2 in ech ;)

• I don't think Poland will need a WC for WCH. They can qualify by themselves :huh:
    Why not playing qualies just like everyone else?

actually a WC for WC ;)
    I think it's more like an ad for polsat. FIVB hasn't decided the WC owners, while Poland is in a prior place to consider :whistle:

• Yeah, I share Nadejda's opinion about this WC. Is it a reward for being a volleyball paradise, or something? Oh come on, we know we're awesome, we know it very well! No need to assure us about that!
    I think we're pretty capable to qualify by ourselves, at least we should just try, instead of counting on WC.

• actually a WC for WC ;)
    I think it's more like an ad for polsat. FIVB hasn't decided the WC owners, while Poland is in a prior place to consider :whistle:

oh my bad :aww: I didn't read well.
    WC for the World cup...anyway. Maybe they could at least wait till the end of ECH to announce this ?( It is not fare for the other teams and is kind of demotivating. Like the message is: no matter how good you are, Poland is taking the WC.
    Polish team is amoung the best teams in the world, no need to be tolerated that way with way too many WCs. After all, Polsat is getting their money from FIVB for the great job they are doing...
    It will be best in FIVB just wait to see the ECH and then judge by performance of all teams before give this WC to whoever deserve it most.

• Yeah, I basically don't like WC for anyone, to be honest. Players should prove thier value on the court, no need to interfere in it. Taking Poland as an example- our guys are really capable to qualify by themselves. And yeah, it's really annoying, 'cause it's almost always Poles, who recieve WC, doesn't matter whether it's male or female volleyball. Really annoying. We can really fight for places in some tournament without all those WC :down:

• Yeah, I basically don't like WC for anyone, to be honest. Players should prove thier value on the court, no need to interfere in it. Taking Poland as an example- our guys are really capable to qualify by themselves. And yeah, it's really annoying, 'cause it's almost always Poles, who recieve WC, doesn't matter whether it's male or female volleyball. Really annoying. We can really fight for places in some tournament without all those WC :down:

I think that the top 3 teams in Europe should go on the WC instead of Wild Cards, Europe is the strongest continent in volleyball :wavy:

• Poland on Hubert Wagner's Memorial:
    Setters: Zygadlo, Drzyzga
    Middle Blockers: Klos, Mozdzonek, Nowakowski, Kosok
    Opposite Players: Jarosz, Bartman, Gruszka
    Outside Hitters: Kurek, Kubiak, Mika, Swiderski, Ruciak
    Liberos: Ignaczak, Zatorski.

Sorry, but I don't think this Polish team can fight for medals from competitions outside of Poland. Where are Wlazly and Winiarski ?(

• Sorry, but I don't think this Polish team can fight for medals from competitions outside of Poland. Where are Wlazly and Winiarski ?(

Working hard in Bełachtów to be fully ready for the season :roll: They said 'no' to our coach before the NT season started.
    I guess Andrea won't consider them in terms of NT anymore...at least not this season.
    And I totally share his feelings, 'cause I really don't want to see such players, who play in NT with a bad grace.
    Two years ago we also played on ECh without them, so I kinda got used to their absence on ECh.
    I don't miss them anymore that much, totally opposite to Zagumny. We really need him.

• Sorry, but I don't think this Polish team can fight for medals from competitions outside of Poland. Where are Wlazly and Winiarski ?(

We don't need Wlazły and Winiarski to fight for medals. Wlazły usually doesn't bring his best during the NT matches. He is better in club and it seems he cares more about club than NT. And Winiarski is far far from his best since he moved from Serie A to Plusliga. He could be a big support for Kurek in attack but we can cope without him if Bartman will be back on attack and if Świderski, Kubiak and Mika will be in their best shape. Because Ruciak is rather a defensive player. So we have pretty strong outside-hitters now. We don't need Winiarski who is IMO to weak now :whistle: It's time for youth and talents - Kubiak and Mika. Świderski and Gruszka with their huge experience help young players a lot. And we can be pretty good.

Working hard in Bełachtów to be fully ready for the season :roll: They said 'no' to our coach before the NT season started.
    I guess Andrea won't consider them in terms of NT anymore...at least not this season.
    And I totally share his feelings, 'cause I really don't want to see such players, who play in NT with a bad grace.
    Two years ago we also played on ECh without them, so I kinda got used to their absence on ECh.
    I don't miss them anymore that much, totally opposite to Zagumny. We really need him.

I fully agree with you.
    Andrea is not Castellani. He knows what to do.
    But Zagumny... yeah, his abscence is evident. Żygadło sucks :down:

• if Świderski, Kubiak and Mika will be in their best shape. Because Ruciak is rather a defensive player. So we have pretty strong outside-hitters now.

Isn't Mika a defensive player? I actaully consider him that way. He has a natural talet in reception and defense and amazing physical conditions, but if it comes to attack...well he needs to work out a little bit, 'cause it's still very soft :D
    Actually to me Michał Ruciak is more offensive than Mika, but he has way worse physical conditions.
    But anyway- Mateusz is a huge talent and I'm sure he will definitely grow as a player and improve a looot.