• Edwin Benne is new headcoach of Dutch NT

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2.php?pid=7…e=1&newsid=4244

Henk Jan Held will be his assistant-coach

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2.php?pid=7…e=1&newsid=4246
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Programm for season 2011:

14-15.05 BEL-NED oefeninterlands België

17.05 NED-CHN oefeninterland Zwolle
    18.05 NED-CHN oefeninterland NNB
    19.05 NED-CHN oefeninterland Wijchen

21-22.05 BEL-NED oefeninterlands België

27-29.05 ESP-NED European League Spanje

04.06 20.00 uur NED-GRE European League Topsporthal, Leek
    05.06 16.00 uur NED-GRE European League Topsporthal, Leek

11.06 19.00 uur NED-AUT European League Topsportcentrum, Rotterdam
    12.06 16.00 uur NED-AUT European League Topsportcentrum, Rotterdam

16-19.06 AUT-NED European League Oostenrijk

24-26.06 GRE-NED European League Griekenland

09.07 19.00 uur NED-ESP European League Topsportcentrum, Rotterdam
    10.07 16.00 uur NED-ESP European League Topsportcentrum, Rotterdam

15-17.07** Finals European League

15-20.08* European Gateway Tournament Rotterdam

27/28.08 Pre-pre-OKT

03/04.09 Return Pre-pre-OKT

22-27.11** Pre-OKT

• As expected, there is already a lot of criticism about the decision...

Yannick van Harskamp stated tonight on national television, he might not being available this summer, because he isn't happy at all about Federation's decision for Benne :lol:
    More players might think like van Harskamp :|

• Vital Heijnen (coach Noliko Maaseik) would be the best choice. Netherlands needs a coch with a good experience. He has a good work in Noliko.

But let's see what happens. I just hope Netherlands can be as good as they were in the past.

• Vital Heijnen (coach Noliko Maaseik) would be the best choice. Netherlands needs a coch with a good experience. He has a good work in Noliko.

But let's see what happens. I just hope Netherlands can be as good as they were in the past.

Agree.

I wrote in the other thread:

Technical Director Bert Goedkoop explained why the federation chooses for Benne: We were searching for a headcoach the players need, not a headcoach, the players want themselves... The players' first choice was Vital Heijnen/Redbad Strikwerda...

Dutch NT needs now an experienced coach who is a peoples-manaer/good communicator....to recover the destroyed perosnal relations with some players, caused by 'dicatator' Blangé...

Benne left Schwerin after troubles with players and management...further he is unexperienced as a headcoach...

Sidenote: maybe we just have to deal with this solution...if you want a top-coach --> eventually it's all about the money... and the Dutch Federation has no money...

• So he's saying that they know what's good for the players better than they do themselves? That's like treating them like children. I don't think Blangé had bad relationships with any of the players, but I mya be wrong. I agree that it's most likely about the money... Oh well, like this Strikwerda and Heijnen get to focus on their clubs, where they're doing good work and I hope they'll get their shot some time later. They seem perfect to me.

Thanks for posting this.

• I hope Holland will return where they belong :drink: Blange almost ruined this generation :aww: just remember last summer when Snippe refused to play for NT in order to settle in new club :rolll: :aww:

GL Holland, hope to see Croatia - Holland in EL final like 2006. :drink:

• Just listened to the interview with Benne and I actually hae confidence in the dude. Very calm and confident, realistic and honest. I like that.

• Technical Director Bert Goedkoop

This guy used to piss me off when he was coaching the Dutch national team, I don't know why but he was annoying. Sry for the off topick, I just felt the need to share :)

• This guy used to piss me off when he was coaching the Dutch national team, I don't know why but he was annoying. Sry for the off topick, I just felt the need to share :)

I will tell you why :) Because he is (was) extremely arrogant! I haven't heard of him since he was coaching the Dutch NT some years ago, but he said before hosting Bulgaria twice for the World League games back then something like: "hmm, who are these Bulgarians? We should have no respect for them!" As a consequence, we beat them twice away, so I believe he has changed his mind :) Not my personal favourite in the Dutch volleyball either, I hope he grew up as a person and has changed his attitude towards opponent teams and players.

• I will tell you why :) Because he is (was) extremely arrogant! I haven't heard of him since he was coaching the Dutch NT some years ago, but he said before hosting Bulgaria twice for the World League games back then something like: "hmm, who are these Bulgarians? We should have no respect for them!" As a consequence, we beat them twice away, so I believe he has changed his mind :) Not my personal favourite in the Dutch volleyball either, I hope he grew up as a person and has changed his attitude towards opponent teams and players.

:white: Did he really say that ??? :white: A shame :mad: !! Yes, he is indeed arrogant. Latest example stated above in the thread: 'We were searching for a headcoach the players need, not a headcoach, the players want themselves '. :wall: :mad:

• I doubt he actually said THAT. Seeing as how the Bulgaria's (Ganev actually) beat him quite a few times when he was still a player. Having said that, I have to admit that my general superficial opinion of the guy is that he is indeed quite the pompoous douche. I mean its admirable to have a plan and stick to it.. but just ease with with which he dismissed this group of players completely is just not nice nor admirable. I think his listening capabilities are close to zero in general.

He was the manager for Dutch beach volleyball before this. To me it seems as though he just needs a job and uses his determination and stubborness to secure one with the Nevobo, never mind what it is.

The thing with the current team is that, yes they did not qualify for the ECH and now Goedkoop uses this as an arguement to say that they're a bad team and we can forget about them. I still believe that it is in potential a very strong, but every team has its bad periods and I'm still waiting for something to click in this group after which I'm sure the level of play could jump by 2, 3 levels.

• New headcoach Edwin Benne today announced 27 players for pre-selection for this summer. Some players started NT-training already today in Rotterdam.

NT-season is divided in two parts: European League and OGQT.

Horstink, Kooistra and Trommel will not participate in European League.

Roster Dutch Men's Volleybalteam 2011

1. Nimir Abdelaziz 05.02.1992 Landstede Volleybal spelverdeler 1.95 m.
    2. Nico Freriks 22.12.1981 Almeria (ESP) spelverdeler 1.92 m.
    3. Yannick v. Harskamp 02.04.1986 Noliko Maaseik (BEL) spelverdeler 1.90 m.
    4. Thijs ter Horst 18.09.1991 Langhenkel Volley passer/loper 2.04 m.
    5. Mathijs Mast 14.09.1984 Edilesse Cavriago (ITA) diagonaal 2.00 m.
    6. Dirk Sparidans 05.03.1989 Draisma Dynamo libero 1.79 m.
    7. Gijs Jorna 30.05.1989 Saint Quentin (FRA) libero 1.98 m.
    8. Kay van Dijk 25.06.1984 ACH Volley Bled (SLO) diagonaal 2.15 m.
    9. Jasper Diefenbach 17.03.1988 Draisma Dynamo midden 1.93 m.
    10. Jeroen Rauwerdink 13.09.1985 Acqua Paradiso Monza (ITA) passer/loper 2.00 m.
    11. Floris van Rekom 08.05.1991 Draisma Dynamo passer/loper 1.95 m.
    12. Ewoud Gommans 17.11.1990 Draisma Dynamo passer/loper 2.00 m.
    13. Tije Vlam 09.10.1985 Roeselare (BEL) midden 2.07 m.
    14. Niels Klapwijk 19.09.1985 Noliko Maaseik (BEL) diagonaal 2.00 m.
    15. Lars Lorsheijd 08.06.1985 Tourcoing (FRA) midden 2.00 m.
    16. Dick Kooy 03.12.1987 Trenkwalder Modena (ITA) passer/loper 2.02 m.
    17. Rob Bontje 12.05.1981 Sisley Treviso (ITA) midden 2.06 m.
    18. Jelte Maan 19.03.1986 Noliko Maaseik (BEL) libero 1.90 m.
    19. Bas Bemmelen 12.09.1989 Bottrop (GER) midden 2,06 m.
    20. Wytze Kooistra 03.06.1982 Trenkwalder Modena (ITA) midden 2.09 m.
    21. Bert Sturkenboom 10.11.1983 TV Bühl (GER) spelverdeler 1.96 m.
    22. Jeroen Trommel 01.08.1980 Friedrichshafen (GER) passer/loper 1.94 m.
    23. Robert Horstink 26.12.1981 Sisley Treviso (ITA) passer/loper 2.02 m.
    24. Michaël Parkinson 23.11.1990 Rivium Rotterdam midden 2.03 m.
    25. Robin Overbeeke 21.03.1989 Rivium Rotterdam diagonaal 1.98 m.
    26. Sjoerd Hoogendoorn 17.02.1991 Draisma Dynamo diagonaal 1.95 m.
    27. Jan Willem Snippe 21.05.1986 Santa Croce (ITA) passer/loper 2.00 m.

spelverdeler --- > setter
    passer/loper --> OH
    diagonaal ---> Opp
    midden ----> MB
    libero ----> libero

http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=4337

• Nice to see Snippe in NT again :drink:

Yes. He missed almost the whole season due to an achilles-injury... Besides, the last two years were not his best. I hope he can reach again his best level; though I doubt he will be in starting-six in Dutch NT, even in EL. Kooy and Rauwerdink are a good duo.

• What is happening to Michael Oliemann? I liked him some years ago when he was still in a good shape and a part of the NT. I don't personally like van Dijk, so maybe Oliemann could be a better alternative. Also, where is Tony Krolis? Didn't play against Noliko in the last game, maybe he is injured, don't know how tue that is, but the injury won't last forever, I think..

• Olieman had all kinds of serious health issues, first his heart (they said he could never play again) and then something else which I don't remember. I think he plays for Evivo Duren right? Yeah I miss Krolis as well... I know he's injured, but I had him down as our starting opposite actually. Perhaps Overbeeke would be a good bet with Klapwijk... I also think van Dijk has had his chance and he has proven that he is not good enough. Happy to see Horstink in there as well.

The team still lacks leaders and experience... the only ones that have actually proven themselves are Wytze Kooistra and to a lesser extent Horstink and Bonjte. And especially setter and diagonal is still a weakness.

Wonder if Jelte Maan will play as OH.

Also concerning Goedkoop saying something bad about the Bulgarians: I recently uploaded a video with an interview where he says that it is no shame to lose against the Bulgarians since they were a strong team (this was even before the onset of Kazyiski).

• Horstink, Kooistra and Trommel will not participate in European League

Well obviously Trommel won't because he's not good enough and Kooistra deserves a rest, but Horstink!!!! Why do you refuse to play ALWAYS! You lazy bastard. You were on the bench half the season, please don't tell me you're tired. You need play time, otherwise people like Jiri Kovar are gonna take your spot and they'll deserve it! Hmmm....

• Can't believe Krolis is not in this selection: yes, he's injured, but should be able to recover pretty soon.
    He played 3 sets in last game against Maaseik.
    I'm really curious what the reasoning is behind this decision. Personally, I consider Krolis a better opposite than the other 5 guys in that role that did get selected.

• Can't believe Krolis is not in this selection: yes, he's injured, but should be able to recover pretty soon.
    He played 3 sets in last game against Maaseik.
    I'm really curious what the reasoning is behind this decision. Personally, I consider Krolis a better opposite than the other 5 guys in that role that did get selected.

Though I didn't see him play this season, I agree at least he should have been in the roster. He has good statistics at volleyliga.be and he does well in Lennik acoording to press

van Dijk is rubbish, Mast is rubbish, Klapwijk very incosistent, and the two others are still very young.

So instead of van Dijk/Mast, Krolis should have got a chance.

Maybe it has something to do with the 'bad boy'- image Krolis has got, after the way he left in Dynamo Apeldoorn.

After Richard Schuil retired, opposite-position has been very weak in Dutch NT...

• Well obviously Trommel won't because he's not good enough and Kooistra deserves a rest, but Horstink!!!! Why do you refuse to play ALWAYS! You lazy bastard. You were on the bench half the season, please don't tell me you're tired. You need play time, otherwise people like Jiri Kovar are gonna take your spot and they'll deserve it! Hmmm....

I agree with you about Horstink.

Let me say this: I talked lately with a player close to NT (he trained during a few years in summer with NT). He told me Horstink has not the right mentallity...he is arrogant/selfish and the worst --> he does not his utmost to reach the highest possible in his career...most important for him: expensive cars, watches, clothes...