Fenerbahce Universal 2011/12

• Ah. Seems you are correct about Fabiana and Logan talking in Portuguese. It's good that Logan helps her and translates for the team. :rose: It is a big comfort to be able to talk to someone in your own language :)

It's ok. Logan has practice being part time translator :lol:

I even remember watching Logan translate Spanish to English for Milena Rosner when they played for a coach who spoke mostly in rapid-fire spanish :rolll:

Yeah dude.. Logan and Fabiana are roommate :)

Cool.

And I am a dudette ^^

• Hi guys, may I ask a quick question? At the end of matches when the team goes over to the fans/supporters, the fans start their cheer and the players shout back something.

In this video, Ipek teaches Logan what to shout back in Turkish :rolll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6yCc47iOdw&t=1m57s

What do the fans and the players shout back and forth? And what does it mean in English? ^^

Thanks!

• Hi marshmellow :)

It is a tradition between Fenerbahçe Universal and Fans after the match. ^^

Fenerbahçe' colors are Yellow ("Sari" in Turkish) and Dark-Blue ("Lacivert" in Turkish)

Fans: Yellow
    Players: Dark Blue
    Fans: Yellow
    Players: Dark Blue
    Fans: Champion
    Players: Fener
    Fans: Champion
    Players: Fener

• Upcoming game is game of the week in CEV Women's Champions League in Group B against Rabita Bakü.

The match will be in Istanbul Burhan Felek Sport Hall on Thursday at 18.30 CET. The match will be broadcast live on TRT HD & Laola1.tv

Seda didn't play the last match. Why ?

maybe we will play against Rabita game with starting 6 Naz - Eda - Fabiana - Kim- Logan - Liuba - merve (L)i thought

Liuba plays as opposite and Logan and Kim are spikers. ;)

What do you think about this or what would like to say about this ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• maybe we will play against Rabita game with starting 6 Naz - Eda - Fabiana - Kim- Logan - Liuba - merve (L)i thought

Liuba plays as opposite and Logan and Kim are spikers. ;)

What do you think about this or what would like to say about this ?

I like your lineup :D

When Logan played as opposite, she received serve in certain rotations. Similarly, I think if Liuba plays as opposite, she will also receive serve for Kim. If Kim plays opposite, she doesn't need to receive serve.

I prefer Liuba as opposite but I would be happy with any combination of those three players + Fabiana on the floor. ^^

My only concern is that their biggest Pool B competition is coming and Fenerbahce has not even played a match (or even a single full set) with those 6 players together... :pinch:

P.S. thanks for the pictures! :thumbup:

• Burak You must get to know how does Logan feel in situation that She always stays on bench.

• Yesterday i've watched Fener for 1st time and just want to say how much i liked them and especially Naz and Kim, and I must point out the shining smile of Naz - very nice :) And she plays excellent.

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Yesterday i've watched Fener for 1st time and just want to say how much i liked them and especially Naz and Kim, and I must point out the shining smile of Naz - very nice :) And she plays excellent.

:drink:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Now headed back to Turkish League again.

We'll play against Besiktas tomorrow 16.30 CET at Burhan Felek Sport Hall. The match will be broadcast live on FB TV

Where watch to FBU games ?

After then we'll play against Rabita Bakü again in Azerbaijan in the CEV Champions League.

Good luck Fener :super:

• After great win over Rabita no chance to relax for Fenerbahce, says Shashkova

Fenerbahce Universal ISTANBUL is currently atop of the standings in Pool B of the 2012 CEV Volleyball Champions League – Women after a swift 3:0 win to edge Rabita BAKU of Azerbaijan on Thursday. Russia’s superstar Lioubov Shashkova, one of many world-class players included in the roster of Fenerbahce, sums up her thoughts after three rounds of action in Europe’s most elitist competition.

“Rabita is probably the strongest team included in our group and perhaps the absolute favorite for the final crown this year. This game was hence extremely important to us as we had the chance to test our strength and skills in front of a very solid opponent. The result shows that we can play at a very high level although some fundamentals still have to be improved” says Shashkova. “This match was very important also for the remainder of the competition as via this win we are likely to finish the prelims on top of our group”.

Questioned about the key to this success, Shashkova adds: “First, we were playing at home and we always play better in front of our fans. As for the game, we did a good job in defense and served well”.
    After beating the main opponent for the leadership in Pool B, Fenerbahce may relax a bit. “No, we cannot relax” stresses Shashkova, “especially because the group is composed by strong teams and we definitely want to finish first to get a good draw for the Playoffs. And anyway we always have to play 100% to test our strength with good opponents as we do not have this possibility in the Turkish national league because even the first division still includes pretty weak sides” singles out the 34-year old Muscovite.

Copyright by cev.lu

• Rabita Bakü and Fenerbahce Universal were supposed to battle for the final leadership in the group via this double header that comes right before the traditional break due to the Christmas holidays..

We'll play against Rabita Bakü for the second time tomorrow at 15.00 Turkish time. The match will be broadcast live on TRT HD & Laola1.tv

Good Luck Yellow Angels :super:

• Naz Aydemir was named volleyball player of the year by the Bogazici University :flower:

• She was so excited while she was receiving the award, and also very pretty :rose:

• Fenerbahçe Universal is back home at Burhan Felek on Thursday vs. Pursaklar Voleybol Ihtisas at 13.30 CET.

The match will be broadcast live on FB TV

Where to watch Fenerbahce Universal Games ?

FB TV

FB TV 2