Aroma Turkish 1st League 2011/2012

• According to stats Logan Tom probably breaks ace record of Turkish League with 8 aces :cheesy:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Galatasaray-Nilüfer 3-0 (25-9 25-14 25-11)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• This remind me Lindsey Berg vs Italy in Beijing 2008

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Teledünya Türkiye Kupası - revenge matches

Fenerbahçe Universal - IBA Kimya TED Kolejliler (13.00 - Istanbul B.Felek S.S http://www.voleybol.tv)

Vakıfbank T. Telekom - Salihli Bld. (15.00 - Istanbul B.Felek S.S http://www.voleybol.tv)

Galatasaray Medical Park - MKE Ankaragücü (17.00 - Istanbul B.Felek S.S http://www.voleybol.tv)

Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Ereğli Bld. (17.00 - Eczacıbaşı S.S no broadcast)

* all times are local times

:drink:

• Semi-final matches will be as follows

Fenerbahçe Universal - Galatasaray

Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Vakifbank TTelekom ISTANBUL

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Standings
    1. Fenerbahçe Universal 52.60 pts (17-0)
    2. Eczacıbaşı VitrA 43.20
    3. Galatasaray 38.50
    4. Vakıfbank Türk Telekom 38.30
    5. IBA Kimya TED Kolejliler 25.50
    6. Nilüfer Bld 21.50
    7. Yeşilyurt 17.90
    8. Beşiktaş 16.40
    9. İller Bankası 16.20
    10. Ereğli Bld 16.00
    11. Pursaklar V.İhtisas 11.70
    12. Ankaragücü 10.00

What if... ?

Now let’s take a look at how the playoff seedings would have turned out in case all games counted towards seeding

Pool A: Fenerbahce Universal, Vakıfbank Türk Telekom, IBA Kimya TED Kolejliler, Beşiktaş
    Pool B: Eczacıbaşı VitrA, Galatasaray Med. Park, Nilüfer Bld, Yeşilyurt

• I'm new here, can some one kindly explain how does it works? By saying final four I thought it's top four teams playing against each other.

• I'm new here, can some one kindly explain how does it works? By saying final four I thought it's top four teams playing against each other.

Final four mentioned above was about the turkish cup.
    In the league however the federation decided to go with a new after season tournament instead of the regular play-offs to determine the champion of the league.

so after the regular season has finished by looking at the ranks of the teams, two new groups will be made.

After season tournament

Group A
    1.-4.-5.-8.
    (of regular season)

Group B
    2.-3.-6.-7.
    (of regular season)

one leg round robin system

first two of the groups advance to

semi finals

A1 vs B2
    B1 vs A2

one game, winner moves to finals.
    the champion will be determined in a 3 games series.

winner is the champion
    loser is the vice champion.
    the rest of the teams will be ranked according to their regular season performances.

and the winner of the turkish cup will guarantee a spot in Cev Cup if it fails to have a spot in Cev CL.

• Mary, how do you think EcV should play without Neslihan. Mirka as OPP or Gözde Yılmaz as OPP or something else?

as far as I know Gozde Yilmaz is injured too so currently she can't play. Which one I prefer ? For me both can play as Opp, Gozde is very talented player, her attacks are strong. Mirka is a good option too, everybody knows that she's much better and stronger spiker than receiver so as Opp she would definitely help the team. There's also Melis Durul, who played yesterday against Ankaragucu, I've seen her playing only once but I like it, she's strong spiker, generally good player.
    But Mirka as Opp ok, but then who will play next to Esra as OH ? Melis can but I havent seen her receiving so I cant say anything about her in this case, Gozde can, she receives quite well and of course Senna but then Maja would not play because of 2+1.
    Now they have matches with low ranked teams so Lorenzo can use youngsters like yesterday, it worked nicely ! ;)
    As it was written Neslihan cannot play for about 3 weeks, she will probably be able to play in Final Four of Turkish Cup so I think we dont have to worry yet :)

• Guys I was noticing that since Perry arrived in Pursaklar, Newcombe performance decreased a lot..Did she had to change position? There is why? Cause she was playing so well in the beggining of season..maybe chaging her It was not a good idea.

• Guys I was noticing that since Perry arrived in Pursaklar, Newcombe performance decreased a lot..Did she had to change position? There is why? Cause she was playing so well in the beggining of season..maybe chaging her It was not a good idea.

Same position, I think. Still as OH1.

Probably, it's just that having Perry provides the team another offensive outlet and now Newcombe isn't taking most of the swings anymore.

Newcombe was the most impressive player of league in 1st half and now all teams started to take special precautions to Sonja and her performance decreased a little.Last match TED Kolejliler used their all serves to Newcombe to break her effectiveness during match.Perry plays much better than Helena especially in attack (She is a very athletic girl :D ) and Newcombe started to take less responsibility than before.Probably they didn't seat their new system yet.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: