Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• This league is much weaker than Russian and Polish league. Difference between clubs is huge, in previous seasons it was very unpredictable league. Now this is competition between Trento, Macerata and Cuneo. Piacenza is mega poor, they had only Holt in WC and Monza with 4 players that played in Japan 4 days ago and w/o 2nd setter giving them volley lesson.

That's very bold statement. May be there are 4-5 teams above the others, but the weakest team is stronger than many strong teams in Europe, I think. If you mean there is not much competition, this is something else. About Piacenza and Monza, Rooney and Nikic didn't play much at the World Cup. What worries me is that the two sets are won by Ammerman, who replaced Zhekov. This is not good news for our NT

• Nikić didnt played in 2 matches only, Rooney played less but they came in Monza on Tuesday morning. Copra is poor, I dont believe how they look in last 2 seasons. Maybe it's time for sacking Lorenzetti no matter what trophies they won under his ''command''. Sth isnt good there. They had full month to prepare while Zanini didnt have both setters.

Russians have the richest clubs in the world. Can you imagine how much money got Lee in Kuzbass last year? Or Andrae and Tuia this season? Ural, Fakel and Zenit have unlimited budgets. Surgut is also financial secured team. Poland have 4 great teams ZAKSA, SKRA, Jastrzebski and Resovia but still they arent untouchable. Italian league is boring in last 3 years. That's my opinion :drink:

• Even Modena - Trentino quarterfinal? That was the most amazing series of matches I have ever seen in my experience :obey:
    :drink:

• That's very bold statement.

Replace bold with stupid and you'd be spot on :rolll:

• I can partly agree with Kazyiski. Italian clubs are the best of Europe (Trento and Macerata) but when you make a table you'll get sth like:
    1) Trento and Macerata
    2) Kazan, Skra, JW
    3) Modena, Resovia, ZAKSA, 2-3 Russian teams
    4) Monza and a lot of Russian teams
    5) the other Italian clubs
    6) the other Polish clubs and the 2-3 weakest Russian

One thing is for sure - Serie A1 is the least competitive in the meaning that top 3 spots are more or less clear. And in the same way Russian Superliga is the most competitive one.

• Well, Bulgarian Superleague is far more competitive atm. Everyone can beat everyone. So it must be much stronger than Serie A1 too :thumbup:

• What a one-side match Latina - Macerata. Boring to watch guys from Macerata simply destroying guys from Latina... Even Kuba Jarosz couldn't turn the tide of the game :P Poor reception, poor setting... I guess that if Savani would be on the court he would finish off the opponents by his serves since they were almost killed with serves even without Cristian. And this libero... :pinch: De Pandis, right? Poor, just poor...
    Who was MVP? 'Cause lovely Eurosport cut the transmission before I could see it.

About Trento - Valentia... I heard that after first set won by Valentia Zygadlo appeared on the court. Can someone tell me in a few words about the game?

• Niels Klapwijk ---> 7 aces (28 points) :!: :!: today in match against Trentino :woohoo: :woohoo:

Klapwijk in Valentia is totally different world related to Klapwijk in Dutch NT lately in Croatia :whistling:

• If you can't see these video clips, on my channel there are alternative versions

http://www.youtube.com/user/raylight234

[media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTUilL9oF4 /youtube]

• Holt and Tencati are A2 players :lol: :lol: :lol: how pathetic they are :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:

Zhekov sending 95% of balls to Vlado :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes and he seems the only player who was scoring something...Nikolov, Nikolov, Nikolov, Nikolov, Zlatanov, Nikolov, Nikolov, Nikolov...and it almost worked in first set. Almost...

• Zhekov is killing Piacenca literally :wall: :wall:

Yes, it is always setter's fault, spikers never mistake, they don't have responsibilities at all
    How was Zlatanov? He played well last match? Does he have troubles with injury?

• Yes, it is always setter's fault, spikers never mistake, they don't have responsibilities at all
    How was Zlatanov? He played well last match? Does he have troubles with injury?

Hadn't you watched the match? If so you would have known what I was tallking about. First set Zhekov set almost exlusively to Nikolov, all the other attackers got 4-5 balls in total the whole set, and no, it is not an overstatement!
    I really though he was killing Piacenca in the first set, and he eventually got replaced in the beggining of second set, however Piacenca start playing even worse when he got out. First set at least was somewhat close, unlike the other 2. All the atackers played very bad, moreover the team also lacked serving, reception and blocking too. Just plain pathetic! Only Nikolov was doing something from time to time but ofcourse Ravena paid attanetion to him and he ended got blocked several times too. I think the last point of the match sums it all. Piacenca receive the ball, but the setter set to someone, noone catched the ball and it just fall down on the floor. :wacko: :wacko: Somethig was seriously wrong with this team on every volleyball aspect. I thought Zhekov was bad, but the others were even worst.