Poland - Plusliga 2011/2012

• A very short ('cause I'm tired, and I almost died today) summary of Jastrzębski-Zaksa match, especially for Vasilena :lol:

Wow, what a match that was! It was great, indeed! Lots of ups and downs till the end! My throat has totally died today.
    First set was a nightmare! It hasn't even started yet, and I was already not really pleased, when I saw Rob Bontje sitting...not even in the bench! He was out of 12 for this match! Dunno if he's in a bad shape, or Lorenzo prefers Gawryszewski over him, but seriously it's defenitely not what we all have expected, when Rob came to Poland. Dutch players have a really tough life here.
    Anyway...this set...lasted like 15 minutes, no seriously I just blinked, and Zaksa already had like 4-5 points in backup!!! It passed so quickly! We didn't play anything, we were sluggish and slow! It was really painful to watch. Lorenzo substituted Vinhedo with Thornton, but it really didn't make any difference. Middles were soooo annoying to me today! I know, a lot depends also on setters, but holy shit, I was getting heart attacks everytime when I saw them in like a 100% situation, when there were no possibility of not finishing their attacks, and they were doing something totally opposite! Guys from Kędzierzyn were defending their attacks a lot of times! How frustrating!
    Same thing was in 2nd set as well, but with a slight difference in the score...luckily it wasn't 25:14 again, our game was a little better than in the opening set, but still it was far from our best. The most important thing was that we had some chances in this set, we could have even taken it, but as always we had to complicate our life a little bit.
    Zaksa was just great, they played just beautifully. Gave us a really painful lesson on serve and counter attacks, they were executing everything so brilliantly! French duo was perfect again.

Then in this 3rd set we finally put up a fight! It kinda reminded me a little bit our match against Skra...the situation was kinda similar. We lost first two sets, then managed to win 3rd, but collapsed in 4th and in general lost whole match. I was hoping we won't repeat it in KK.
    And luckily someone heard me praying, 'cause we started playing way better. Kubiak was impressing me with his game as always, but also with his amazing character. He's an unbelievable fighter! I absolutely loved it when he was heating up the atmosphere on time outs and on the court a little bit. Great man.
    Zbigniew kinda sucked today from time to time. He's really shaky, but let's say that we need to give him some time to adapt to his 'new-old' position :roll: No seriously, it wasn't a perfect match by Zibi, we all know that he's capable to play a lot better. A lot of players in our team had some up and downs. Mika wasn't a shining star today as well. He had a really low efficiency after these lost sets. Sometimes he was good, sometimes he was getting stuck and couldn't finish some of his attacks.
    Similar thing was with Anto Rouzier. Wow this man played a terrific game in first two sets! He was just perfect! But later on he was gradually playing more and more shaky.

You know what...sometimes when I watch tiebreaks I'm going through way too many emotions, and even though I watch it, then I can't really recall what exactly happened :rolll: So...yeah...we won this tiebreak :rolll:
    Holy shit...Vasilena are you still reading this? Damn, I'm sorry, I know it was supposed to be short, but when I start talking about them...it just cannot be a short post :S
    If you're still here...you are a really brave girl :flower: :lol:

• Ola, that's the most exhaustive post I have ever read! I just have no questions to ask! :obey: :obey: :obey:
    Thank you sooo much, I totally love your volley novels, always interesting to read them :thumbsup: (Although it wasn't really easy right now, cause I've been celebrating the 8 of December (my first one :D ) for three days already and after so much wine and almost any sleep it's kinda hard for me to concentrate, you know :rolll: - but your comment definately worths the effort :thumbsup: ).
    I wished you could write a similar reportage for the SKRA-OLSZTYN match, too but since it wasn't transmitted I suppose you can't :S And because you are tired today and I am a noble girl and don't want to torture you anymore :D , I would ask you tomorrow when you have time to tell me more about this match - maybe in Polish press there will be information which you would translate for me? :roll: I hope I'm not getting brassier, if I am - just tell me :flower:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Ola, that's the most exhaustive post I have ever read! I just have no questions to ask! :obey: :obey: :obey:
    Thank you sooo much, I totally love your volley novels, always interesting to read them :thumbsup: (Although it wasn't really easy right now, cause I've been celebrating the 8 of December (my first one :D ) for three days already and after so much wine and almost any sleep it's kinda hard for me to concentrate, you know :rolll: - but your comment definately worths the effort :thumbsup: ).
    I wished you could write a similar reportage for the SKRA-OLSZTYN match, too but since it wasn't transmitted I suppose you can't :S And because you are tired today and I am a noble girl and don't want to torture you anymore :D , I would ask you tomorrow when you have time to tell me more about this match - maybe in Polish press there will be information which you would translate for me? :roll: I hope I'm not getting brassier, if I am - just tell me :flower:

Ok, I've decided to stay a little longer just to say that Kadziewicz has probably played in the basic 6 :D lol He scored 6 points overall.
    Well...the match seemed to be pretty promising at the beginning. Both teams were playing point by point, and when one of the teams was on the lead, then the advantage was really qulickly reduced. Skra was obviously better in the key moments, and even though Totolo was trying to stop them somehow by taking time outs, it did nothing, 'cause when Skra had two points of advantage at 20:18, they didn't let Olsztyn take it away, and they were gradually enlarging their advantage and the set finished 25:20.

Cupković started playing in 2nd set. Olsztyn was making more and more mistakes in reception, which helped Skra build a really strong advantage. There was one moment when they were leading 11:6 and Tomaso took the time out, but it did nothng and at the second technical time out Skra was leading 16:10.
    Atanasijević also appeared on the court for a moment and he along with Pliński finished this set with a block. Set without history pretty much. 25:15.

Olsztyn started this last set pretty well. They had 3 points of advantage on the first technical time out. Skra caught up a little bit, but then nice attacks by Yudin, and block on Bąkiewicz helped Olsztyn keep their advantage. They even had like 5 point in a backup for a moment, but then they didn't take their chances and lost 6 points in a row! Skra was leading 16:15 on the second technical time out. Then both teams played point by point. Wlazły with his attack from right wing gave Skra first match point, but they didn't use it.
    Skra won last point of this set (and match) because of Olsztyn's mistake, they touched the net or something like that and Skra won 3:0. (26:24 in 3rd)

MVP- Daniel Pliński :D

Edit. Here you have scorers of both teams:

Skra: Wlazły (13), Pliński (5), Kłos (9), Cupković (11), Falasca (6), Bąkiewicz (5), Zatorski (libero)http://undefined oraz Kooistra, Woicki, Winiarski i Atanasijević
    AZS:
    Hernan, Ferens (8), Yudin (12), Gunia (5), Krzysiek (10), Kadziewicz
    (6), Mierzejewski (libero) oraz Łukasik, Gaca, Siezieniewski i Winnik

• Thank you for that one, you're great! :flower:
    As I see Cupkovic must have made a good appearing in this match, I still think that they had to call the guy in Serbian NT for the WC, moreover that in last matches before the tournament he regualrly appeared on the court, because of Kurek's condition. I see that heroes from Japan have rested, which is a nice surprise to me - I expected that Mr. Nawrocki has no patience to finish them off after the WC by pushing them to play, but quite unexpectedly it appears that even he has some germ of common sense :what: The fact that Bąkiewicz has played is just the event of the millennium - does the poor guy still remember how to hit the ball?
    Kadziewicz (probably) in basic 6, with 6 points and Plinski MVP - this deserves another glass of wine :thumbsup:
    :drink:

Wild Wild West!

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• Jastrzębie!!! They were today (or rather yesterday) the hawks in half and the phoenixes in half. Like phoenixes from the ashes on this second set... They didn't win it but they weren't destroyed as it was in this tragic first set. Holy, Moley... I'm still excited about the game :obey: Right after watching it I Ieft home quickly, late for a meeting, but with such a good reason to celebrate and drink... Thank you guys for it! :heart:
    Kubi for sure is my personal MVP. He was like a Jumbo Jet again! :cheesy: Serving like a monster, blocking like a classy middle-blocker and attacking for two - I guess he attacked for himself and for his friend Zibi who was rather weaker today. So Kubi was a double-attacker in this case :super: Zibi took care about businesses 8) - I mean he made some good choices with the challenge system fighting with not good referees' decisions again.

Kubiak was impressing me with his game as always, but also with his amazing character. He's an unbelievable fighter! I absolutely loved it when he was heating up the atmosphere on time outs and on the court a little bit. Great man.

I loved him on the time-outs, especially for the battle cry: "SPOKOJNIE, KURWA!" ("RELAX, KURWA!") :lol:

Man, oh man... I had a lot to say about the game but after I left and celebrated very hm... intensively, I don't remember what I wanted to say. I love Kubi, for sure. Damn, I love all Jastrzębie. Even The Guy Big Muscle and The Guy From Brazil Who Doesn't Look Like Brazilian :heart:
    Mika lovely as always. My mum supported Jastrzębie with me 'cause she fell in love with this guy (week earlier she fell in love with Zibi) and she called Michał - "Łasko-tek" ("łaskotki" means "tickles" if you know what I mean). I agree, that he wasn't a shining star today. It's this tiredness, I guess... But Russell Holmes was a shining star again which absolutely made me happy girl ^^ even though Rob were sitting on the audience ( :?: ) which had made me firstly very very sad.

Lorenzo substituted Vinhedo with Thornton, but it really didn't make any difference.

I wish Brian could play so damn good as he can say "warziwami" :lol: ("warzywa" means "vegetables"). This substitution made difference for Vinhedo 'cause when he came back he started to play really good.

Ojla, one thing to add to your report about Skra - Olsztyn from me - Karol Kłos ended 7/7 attacks, scored 1 ace, blocked one time and also received a ball once which made me staring at the statistics for about two minutes with open mouth and eyes coming out of orbit :thumbsup:
    Check this out: http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=724
    The big question is were the heck is Kadziewicz in those fantastic stats.

Other stats:
    ZAKSA - Jastrzębie http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=725
    Sovia - Delecta http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=726

The fact that Bąkiewicz has played is just the event of the millennium - does the poor guy still remember how to hit the ball?

I think he doesn't remember how to receive the ball properly --> look at the stats.

• Check this out: http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=724
    The big question is were the heck is Kadziewicz in those fantastic stats

Other stats:
    ZAKSA - Jastrzębie http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=725
    Sovia - Delecta http://stats.plusliga.pl/MatchStatistics.aspx?MatchID=726

Yeah, I also see no Kadziewicz, but if he has 6 points, he should be there, right? ?(
    And why didn't they give a rest to Nowakowski? :white: That's an absurd, after the intense WC he had! Even Nawrocki!!! was merciful today :aww:

I think he doesn't remember how to receive the ball properly --> look at the stats.

Yeah, I see...hard to say something for him, really :|

Wild Wild West!

• And why didn't they give a rest to Nowakowski? :white: That's an absurd, after the intense WC he had! Even Nawrocki!!! was merciful today :aww:

I guess because this match with Delecta was important in the context "to be or not be" in top four teams before Polish Cup. And Grzyb with Perłowski could be not so strong as a duet of middles... And since Grześ Kosok can't play yet, Nowakowski had to put the tiredness aside and play. Next match against Jastrzębie, which gonna be even tougher... Poor Pesho...

• Similar thing was with Anto Rouzier. Wow this man played a terrific game in first two sets! He was just perfect! But later on he was gradually playing more and more shaky.

It's not surprising at all, or France would not lose their only hope to the Olympic. (Although they may still have a little tiny opportunity for a spot now.)

Skra: Wlazły (13), Pliński (5), Kłos (9), Cupković (11), Falasca (6), Bąkiewicz (5), Zatorski (libero) oraz Kooistra, Woicki, Winiarski i Atanasijević

I can't express how excited I am now... Every time I saw this name or this guy on press, on photos, on videos, I would feel greatly delighted. Last time he played as a libero and that made my day. I don't expect him to play as beautifully as he did. His appearance on the court is enough enough for me.
    But it's really a shame that I couldn't watch this match at all last night, no polsat, no vshare livestream. So I can just check the statistics and found Baku in but Kadziu out... According to your discussion, Kadziu indeed played last night, didn't he?

I loved him on the time-outs, especially for the battle cry: "SPOKOJNIE, KURWA!" ("RELAX, KURWA!")

I didn't watch this match because of bad livestream and instead I followed it via twitter. The official account of JW mentioned these words, too.
    Google translator says KURWA means whore? Anyway I think you have discussed it before. Language gap makes me hardly being amused by some words.:)

• I can't express how excited I am now... Every time I saw this name or this guy on press, on photos, on videos, I would feel greatly delighted. Last time he played as a libero and that made my day. I don't expect him to play as beautifully as he did. His appearance on the court is enough enough for me.

To be honest, I was a little bit excited too when I saw his name in the report from the match. Last time I saw him it was on the studio before some match on WC, he was there as an expert and I couldn't stop thinking that it was his new role and he retired and he will stay an expert only. How much I was wrong ^^ I guess and I hope Kurek get some rest now and Bąku will have many chances to remind himself how to play volleyball ^^ And in coming season I don't want to see him in Skra. Come to Częstochowa, dude!

So I can just check the statistics and found Baku in but Kadziu out... According to your discussion, Kadziu indeed played last night, didn't he?

Yes, he did. But there is not much about him in the report from this match. I just read that he served out in the beginning of the match.

I didn't watch this match because of bad livestream and instead I followed it via twitter. The official account of JW mentioned these words, too.
    Google translator says KURWA means whore? Anyway I think you have discussed it before. Language gap makes me hardly being amused by some words.:)

In this case I think that "kurwa" means something like american "Fuck!" or it could sound better "RELAX, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!". Anyway, it amused me, 'cause he said to his teammates to relax but the next word after it didn't mean that he's relaxed :D

• Remember guys, when someone mentioned some words about Seba's injury? Well...it's more serious than we thought...he's out for 6 weeks, and surgery is pretty possible as well. What's the worse is the fact that Seba isn't in a good mental shape...
    Kazimierz Pietrzyk, the president of Zaksa, said that Sebastian is in a really deep shock. Świder thought that he's in a good way to finally come back to volleyball, but life brutally verified his plans :( Seba will think about it all and will let everyone know about his decisions.

Life's bad. I don't want him to leave, although I've already said couple of days ago that I feel that part of his volleyball life is coming to an end.
    Seba is the man, the biggest inspiration ever. I can't imagine Polish volleyball without this icon...
    holy crap. even though it wasn't surprising to me, when I've finally realised that it's really possible to happen very soon...I felt really...sad.

• I've just read that Pietrzyk is looking for another player on OH position instead of Świder and I heard that someone suggested to Świder to end his career... ;( Even though I'm depressed with that news I still don't believe that Sebastian gives up. Oh no... I can see some light in the end of a dark tunnel. As always. I will support Sebastian mentally to fight as long as it is possible. I only hope that he knows that fans have still a huge faith in him. Don't give up, Seba!

• No surprise that Pietrzyk is looking for another reciever. Sebastian has been out for a really long time already, and know his absence will last even longer.

Seba's body has been rebelling for such a long time, I have a really bad feeling that now it's going to surrender.

• I feel really sad, but we all expected to hear something like this after the news for the injury ;( Oh, God! What is more worrying to me now is that he is very emotionally affected, he mustn't let depression to take over him, cause there is nothing to regret for! Despite the difficulties in his life he has succeeded to overcome them, to build a great career and to give so much to Polish NT and volleyball as a whole! He has become an example and a real role model for every young athlete, so even if his condition won't let him play anymore, he doesn't have to feel incomplete or something like that, because he is not! Sebastian, hold on and be strong, we all believe in you and know what a fighter you are! Recover fast! :flower:

Wild Wild West!

• Seba, don't give up! We support you! No one should give up to injuries :serve:
    For Olja, who supports Metodi Ananiev, Metodi Ananiev video v.2, entirely with close motions with some new actions from Arena Sofia tournament

• Raylight :flower: Thank you buddy for this great video! Always a pleasure to see Metodi in action! And it was even more fun to watch because of a really good music choice! There is only one flaw........it was too short :D eheh...no jk, I just wanted to say that I could watch Meto all the time, 'cause he's a really great man. Thank you again for this video and for your support for Seba as well! :drink:

• Seba, don't give up! We support you! No one should give up to injuries :serve:
    For Olja, who supports Metodi Ananiev, Metodi Ananiev video v.2, entirely with close motions with some new actions from Arena Sofia tournament

Another great video from you raylight! And as Ojla says once again you have chosen very inspiring music as a background :thumbsup: Watching this I lose any patience to see Ananiev back in game! If only I could skip these months, or much better turn back time :pinch: But we always appreciate something more when we lose it, unfortunately... But I am sure that this time with the support he has, he will come back more motivated than ever :win:

Wild Wild West!

• We are people because of that, love proves itself in the hard times. No players left behind :!:

Thank you for the feedback on this video :drink:

• Well, well, well. I won't talk long, because you said everything. I just want to add, that this is the first and the last Kooistra's season in Poland. Maybe the other club will take him after this season, of course, if he would want to go there. It's a joke. I don't know, Mozdzonek is tired after WC, coach gave him a time to rest, and it's a great moment to try Kooistra. What is he doing then? With Plinski played Klos. I won't understand that. Just don't talk again, Nawrocki, that Klos >/= Kooistra, because I will take a gun and shoot you and then myself.
    Great match by Jastrzebski, tfu, sorry, not great, but good. They were down, and then. Nice comeback. Really nice.

EDIT: Oh Ola, maybe you know why Bontje wasn't in match roster? I almost started to cry, when I saw it.

• I'm getting worried about the opposite of Poland NT.
    As we know, most of the players in Poland NT are from the top 4 clubs in Plusliga, aka ZAKSA, Skra, ARR and JW. However, these four teams don't have an outstanding opposite player for national team:
    ZAKSA: Rouzier, the French guy, I haven't seen his substituent for even once.
    Skra: Wlazly, no need to say; Atanasijevic is Serbian.
    ARR: Grozer, German player, I don't know about his substituent either.
    JW: Lasko, vice-best spiker/scorer of World Cup; Malinowski, too young to play.

That explains why Zibi has to play between roles day by day. The fact is that there are no good opposites right now. So fans have to depend on Zibi, Kuba and Grusza in Italy, or Wlazly who is mysterious to people.

• EDIT: Oh Ola, maybe you know why Bontje wasn't in match roster? I almost started to cry, when I saw it.

As far as I know he has a minor back injury......but is it really the reason of his absence in the roster? Only Rob and Lorenzo know.

People in Poland sometimes talk about Janeczek (Częstochowa) and Konarski (Delecta) in terms of NT, they're both young- Janeczek 24, Konarski 22, but will they win Andrea's recognition? Who knows, time will show....