Germany - DVL 2011/12

• 10. Dezember 2011
    Leverkusen - Dresden 1:3 (17:25 / 21:25 / 25:23 / 18:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2038.pdf
    MVP: Anna Hoja / Mareen Apitz

Hamburg - Köpenick 3:2 (24:26 / 19:25 / 25:22 / 25:23 / 16:14)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2037.pdf
    MVP: Lousi Penha / Ilona Dröger

Sinsheim - Suhl 0:3 (17:25 / 16:25 / 17:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2036.pdf
    MVP: not published

• A very reliable source told me, Anne Buijs still hasn't recovered fully from her injury yet. In combination with her leg-injury, her knee has been overloaded (überbelastet), and she is unsure for the cupmatch with Aurubis Hamburg on Monday.

• :S Her dad should take better care of her...Hope it won't result in another bad injury.

he does :) I sent you a PM

• Four exciting matches in quarter finale of the German cup tomorrow...

My predictions:
    Schwerin - Hamburg 3:2
    Hamburg will be a tough opponent for Schwerin...

Wiesbaden - Dresden 3:2
    Their chance is their (tight) 0:3 in Münster...

Suhl - Vilsbiburg 3:1
    First defeat for Vilsbiburg this season...

Münster - Stuttgart
    I cannot predict it but I'm really looking forward for this match - hope Münster will win 3:1...

• The best about this matches is that they show how strong and equilibrated our league is this season. Schwerin is tired from Champions League and 5 hard sets in Aachen, so I think Hamburg might make a surprise. Suhl has been very strong recently, so I agree that they can beat Vilsbiburg, especially at home. Same for Wiesbaden, at home they can beat anyone, but a lot will depend on if Viestova can play. If Cutura and Sloetjes perform as usual I think Münster shouldn't have too many problems with Stuttgart, they're not yet as strong as they should be.

• The best about this matches is that they show how strong and equilibrated our league is this season. Schwerin is tired from Champions League and 5 hard sets in Aachen, so I think Hamburg might make a surprise. Suhl has been very strong recently, so I agree that they can beat Vilsbiburg, especially at home. Same for Wiesbaden, at home they can beat anyone, but a lot will depend on if Viestova can play. If Cutura and Sloetjes perform as usual I think Münster shouldn't have too many problems with Stuttgart, they're not yet as strong as they should be.

I agree, Matthias. In my opinion Bundesliga is this season really equilibrated (ausgeglichen).

IMO 3 teams are real candidate for the championship: Schwerin, Dresden and Vilsbiburg.

Münster, Suhl and Wiesbaden are outsiders.

I think Schwerin and Dresden will improve more and more during the season. They need time to grow as a team, since they only last month started with their full rosters :teach:

• REMINDER :!: Today 19.30 CET livestream of Cup match VfB Suhl - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg here. It's the first time this site provides a livestream of Suhl's home match, so there might possibly be some techical problems at the beginning, and I don't know how good the quality will be, but it will definitely be worth watching the match.

• REMINDER :!: Today 19.30 CET livestream of Cup match VfB Suhl - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg here. It's the first time this site provides a livestream of Suhl's home match, so there might possibly be some techical problems at the beginning, and I don't know how good the quality will be, but it will definitely be worth watching the match.

I will watch the livestream for sure,because of the dutchies in the match!

• Unbelievable, what a weak match here in Münster today. Stuttgart deserved to win this match but did not play a good game...
    Can't understand it, on friday the brillant match against strong playing Wiesbaden and today...???

Cup is overestimated ;-)

• Cup Quarterfinals:
    Schweriner SC – VT Aurubis Hamburg 3:1 (25:22, 22:25, 25:19, 25:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&8013.pdf

USC Münster – Smart Allianz Stuttgart 1:3 (23:25, 16:25, 25:21, 21:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&8010.pdf

VC Wiesbaden – Dresdner SC 3:1 (25:21, 13:25, 25:21, 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&8011.pdf

VfB Suhl – Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 0:3 (15:25, 26:28, 17:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&8012.pdf

Semifinals:
    Schweriner SC – VC Wiesbaden
    Smart Allianz Stuttgart – Rote Raben Vilsbiburg

I think and hope the final will be Schwerin - Vilsbiburg...

• @ Nirk

Pity, Münster lost... :( Münster has a quite young team, right? So maybe it's logical they sometimes play weaker than expected ?

I'm happy Schwerin and Vilsbiburg won. Pity for Dresden..Wiesbaden is strong at home, and Dresden still needs time to grow as a team.

@ Matthias

I hope as well for Schwerin - Vilsbiburg final :super:

• Vilsbiburg will advance to the Finals. Thats for sure, because it was the 5th duel of Suhl - Vilsbiburg in the last 5 years of cup competition and the winner allways went to the finals (and won two times. VfB is not ready to perform on a consistent level agains opponents like this. But maybe the team can learn from it.

Cup is overestimated ;-)

This years cup final could be a little bit quiet. No fans from Suhl and Münster and only a couple of hundreds from the other clubs.... BOOOOOORING! ;) ;)

PS: I hope the stream was good. Please leave some feedback so we can make some things better in the future.

• Vilsbiburg will advance to the Finals. Thats for sure, because it was the 5th duel of Suhl - Vilsbiburg in the last 5 years of cup competition and the winner allways went to the finals (and won two times. VfB is not ready to perform on a consistent level agains opponents like this. But maybe the team can learn from it.

This years cup final could be a little bit quiet. No fans from Suhl and Münster and only a couple of hundreds from the other clubs.... BOOOOOORING! ;) ;)

PS: I hope the stream was good. Please leave some feedback so we can make some things better in the future.

You guys did a great job streaming. :flower: :flower:

• Yeah stream was good. Maybe image quality could be better, but I don't know what kind of equipment and internet speed Rennsteig TV has available. But there were no breakdowns or anything like this in the stream, so it's definitely worth watching :)

@ flyingdutchman: Münster's team is not that young, not younger than average I'd say. I don't know them so well, but I think some of their players simply lack consistency. Cutura can do incredible spikes but also incredible mistakes. Jelinkova sometimes gets a bit reckless, other times too predictable as far as I can judge. When all their players perform their best, Münster can beat anyone, but as soon as 2-3 players are below 100% their chances get far worse. Also they don't have a good bench...

• @ flyingdutchman: Münster's team is not that young, not younger than average I'd say. I don't know them so well, but I think some of their players simply lack consistency. Cutura can do incredible spikes but also incredible mistakes. Jelinkova sometimes gets a bit reckless, other times too predictable as far as I can judge. When all their players perform their best, Münster can beat anyone, but as soon as 2-3 players are below 100% their chances get far worse. Also they don't have a good bench...

Thanks for info.

Well, a deep roster (good bench) is of course very important on the long run. That's why I consider Schwerin, Dresden and Vilsbiburg as main candidates for the title.