The 2012-2013 Transfer News

• Its not a surprise Helena goes to Krasnodar, I already wrote it might happen two days ago here ;) (post 1457)

Krasnodar will be very strong now with a intresting mix, their roster is almost full now, they also search for a foreigner as OPP, then they are satisfied.

So their starting team can be like this:

L: Svetlana Kryuchkova
    MB: Yulia Merkulova, Marina Maryunikh
    OH: Yana Scherban, Helena Havelkova
    OPP: (Open spot)/Olga Bukreeva
    S: Irina Uraleva

Coach: Avital Selinger

• Is Maryukhnich naturalized Russian or does she still have UKR citizenship? In this case Krasnodar would have to use a Russian Opp...

• Is Maryukhnich naturalized Russian or does she still have UKR citizenship? In this case Krasnodar would have to use a Russian Opp...

Marina is as u say from Ukraine, but she is naturalized so she counts as a Russian nowadays!

The foreigners I heard they look for first of all, for the OPP-spot is Manon Flier and Natasha Mammadova, but the later might go to Omsk, if they dont find anyone, its no disaster however, because they already have Olga Bukreeva.

• @ Anton

Do you think Krasnodar will be stronger than last year??

What about the quality of the Russian players in the current roster (I only know Merkulova, sorry I don't follw Russian League very well)

• @ Anton

Do you think Krasnodar will be stronger than last year??

What about the quality of the Russian players in the current roster (I only know Merkulova, sorry I don't follw Russian League very well)

I think it looks like a very, very promising team to be honest, and if they only can get a nice pointscoring-machine as OPP I think they will be the biggest threat for Kazan in the league.

They might lack some very famous names, but players like Uraleva, Maryukhnich and especially Scherban, is for me the most underrated players Russia have today. Uraleva is for sure one of the best setters Russia has for me, they was so impressed by her in Krasnodar that they bought her out with one more year at the contract. Scherban is for me top5 for sure among OH´s and Maryukhnich was really impressive in Uralochka, she is good in both blocking and attacking.

Then except Merkulova that is in NT, they also have Kryuchkova as a libero, that also plays for NT as a starting player. Looks great in all aspects for me, dont forget to mention Avital as a coach!

Btw, their block next season will be HUGE, with 198 cm Maryukhnich and 202 cm Merkulova :)

• Thank you for the info :flower:

About Selinger: he certainly is a volleyball-professor, but he isn't flexible at all, there is only his opinion. But maybe Russian players are used to that ;)

• About Selinger: he certainly is a volleyball-professor, but he isn't flexible at all, there is only his opinion. But maybe Russian players are used to that ;)

To be honest with u, then I think he is the perfect coach in Russia! :D

Im not kidding, the mentality in Russia is tough and there is so many "winners" with big ego that if u give them free hands, it probably just creates conflicts. Its no surprise Karpols leading style was - and still is - effective in Russia, but in Germany or Netherlands, it would probably have been almost impossible to achieve anything with that style.

• Guys, did you heard about that?
    Giba signed a contract for one season with Drean Bolívar, an argentinian club, as Angel Dennis (from Modena) and Donald Suxho (from Sisley).
    Surprised.
    Look the picture of Giba with Bolívar's shirt:

• To be honest with u, then I think he is the perfect coach in Russia! :D

Im not kidding, the mentality in Russia is tough and there is so many "winners" with big ego that if u give them free hands, it probably just creates conflicts. Its no surprise Karpols leading style was - and still is - effective in Russia, but in Germany or Netherlands, it would probably have been almost impossible to achieve anything with that style.

Exactly :D

I just wanted to point it carefully. In The Netherlands Selinger had a very bad relation with clubcoaches, conflicts with players and many federation-officials, because he isn't cöoperative at all. In our country his modus operandi is very rare. But like you say, in Russia it will be no problem at all probably :lol:

• Davide Mazzanti leaving Foppa and going to Piacenza. :(

Also going to Piacenza Lucia Bosetti and Siressi

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…se-fusione-rado-se-ne-va/

I don't get it, Imma Sirressi renewed with Urbino for this season...

• Davide Mazzanti leaving Foppa and going to Piacenza. :(

Also going to Piacenza Lucia Bosetti and Siressi

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…se-fusione-rado-se-ne-va/

I'm worried about Foppa's future.....especially concerning money :( :(

• Olga Fateeva signed a 1 year contract with Omichka Omsk for next season....poor Omsk ;)

Hahahah I expect more from Omichka... Fateeva was terrible playing for Krasnodar this season :O
    But they renewed with Alisheva, that's a good start =))