Russia - Superliga 2012/2013

• Keep your eyes on a girl with the name Xenia, maybe she will be a star in 10 yrs. time :) she´s just 16 so have plenty of time at least.

Ok! I will!) Good luck to her! :cup:

• I'm agree on that. The girls who are 18-21 now will struggle to win a lot of medal in the future, although it's not entirely impossible. I'm talking about developing even younger generations, I hope there will be more talents then. But we'll have to wait to see that of course)

Russia is so lucky they got Goncharova to switch federations because as it stands now she's leaped quite far ahead of Kosheleva to be the brightest Russian star. I think Russia is at a real turning point in its program once they graduate from Gamova, Solokova era players to the new generation. The Russian men's team has really embraced the speed of modern volleyball and coupled with their physical gifts have been able to remain at the top of the game. Russia's women have not yet done so and much of their game is based on days gone by. Have there been any names circulating around who the NT coach could be? That will be an important part of where the program goes.

• Russia is so lucky they got Goncharova to switch federations because as it stands now she's leaped quite far ahead of Kosheleva to be the brightest Russian star. I think Russia is at a real turning point in its program once they graduate from Gamova, Solokova era players to the new generation. The Russian men's team has really embraced the speed of modern volleyball and coupled with their physical gifts have been able to remain at the top of the game. Russia's women have not yet done so and much of their game is based on days gone by. Have there been any names circulating around who the NT coach could be? That will be an important part of where the program goes.

Yes, their playing style has not changed much since Soviet days in the 70s and its pretty sad to see in some way, and how they could win WCH anyway is pretty incredible obviously, but it was thanks to so fantastic players like Gamova/Sokolova. Now there is Goncharova who is just the same player as Gamova, she is IMO at the same level as Gamova in the same age, so maybe it will be enough with the same game, I dont know. I dont agree what you write about that she should be so much more talented than Tanya though. Kosheleva was playing just as good or even better last season in Russia, in a much worse team with a horrible setter, but was unlucky with injuries the whole summer. I think acctually she is more talented since she can show the same numbers in attack as Natasha, but clearly better defender and also better receiver. The most exciting for me and a crucial point for Russia NT the upcoming years as I see it, is how Scherban will handle it Krasnodar this season. She is the best young allround player by far in the nation, and if she can continue to improve, she will be a huge access for Russia NT with her solid game.

• semisonic

Severstal Cherepovets matches will be broadcasted by Chanel 12 in Cherepovets and TV 7 in Vologda I heard, so if u can get some of those channels (or already have), u can probably watch first game in the league for Krasnodar there :)

• basketball is easy to play,but Volleyball need more technical,that's why more people choose basketball more than volleyball,the same in China and many other country

• @ Anton1989, paerma
    Thank you, friends. So we're all be able to watch Severstal-Krasnodar game. And I glad that we have that opportunity because the next time I'll watch Dinamo play at home will be only on 29th of December :what:
    On Russian NT coach matter - there were several Kuzyutkin's interviews lately in Russian press where he've said that he would like to become Russian NT coach again. Obviously also being considered are Gilyazutdinov (Kazan coach) and Pankov (Zarechie coach) but they don't say anything.

• Well I am surprised nobody came up with the Chernobyl theory :) I am over 1,90 and I seriously got that many times that maybe next to the good genes I might have some effect from it as well. As the radioactive cloud was blown over our country as well a few days after the accident and obviously by that time they kept it as secret so as nobody knew it we celebrated the 1st of may outside (me as two year old). LOL

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• As Anton already said, Krasnodar looks shaky, and even more so in 2nd set, while Severstal plays surprisingly well. Is their coach Perepelkina's husband? If Kutyukova always plays like this, maybe she could be a candidate for NT...

Is Alajbeg really pronounced as "Alazhbeg"? :what: