Brazilian League 2012/2013

• I will just say one thing... Logan! :heart:

It was a very hard match, after we lost the chances to win second set, Unilever completely left the game, many errors to close second set, erros that kept during all 3º set! The team needs to improve that! and also the block!!!!

Natália did a terrible match...and I think the only reason Bernardinho didnt take her was to not break her confidence, I guess he would better loose today with her than taking her out....but gladly Unilever manage to win at the end...

I really liked to see Fofão will...she didnt want to loose at all today. Our block didnt worked during all match...Herrera was amazing, but in the end of fourth set Pavan was decisive with blocks over her...and Logan, she did a great match...she took responsability..and well, her aces in fifth set closed the game.

We were afraid cause she felt pains in her knee during the game...We hope it is nothing serious of course!!!!

But over all Im glad Unilever overcome the hard time inside the game! But the team can and needs to play much better than what they are doing it!

• Couldn't watch the whole game because of my internet, but I think I saw what was important - the end of the second set and the whole fourth and fifth. What can I say? Logan, end of the stroy :lol:
    But really, the end of the fourth set and that Sarah's block. That was a turning point for me. Fofao was great and her connection with Juciely and Valeshinka, wow.
    That was very important match for Uni. They didn't play good, but they still won.

I hope Logan's knee will be ok. :rose:

• Natália did a terrible match...and I think the only reason Bernardinho didnt take her was to not break her confidence, I guess he would better loose today with her than taking her out....but gladly Unilever manage to win at the end...

Does Natalia still have an injury?

I also hope that Logan does not have a serious injury.

• Good to hear that Unilever won! Though I didn't have the chance the watch the game against Praia Club.

Question: How did Logan injure her knee? I'm hoping that its not that serious.

• Does Natalia still have an injury?

I also hope that Logan does not have a serious injury.

Natália had a muscle contracture and didnt play against Minas, she came back training the past days before the match against Praia and Unilever already started with her. She is healthy now, but she was not in her best shape in the game....It happens.

Good to hear that Unilever won! Though I didn't have the chance the watch the game against Praia Club.

Question: How did Logan injure her knee? I'm hoping that its not that serious.

I don't know exactly what was with Logan, what happened, there was no injury moment or anything like that, just during one time out she went walking showing she was felling pains, and Fiapo (there is Unilever physioterapits) talked to her, took a look in her knee, she came back normally to court after the timeout ended and finished the game normally. So, maybe It is nothing serious, or she would not be able to finish the match, but we never know when we talk about knee....hopefully It was only some discomfort at the moment.

• herrera :white: :super: :obey:

Absolutely :thumbup: I am surprised that not more people commented about her. What a treat to watch her attack!

Firstly, Unilever has their Jekyll and Hyde tendencies again. Moments when they were playing good volleyball like in the 5th set and really bad like in the 3rd set, although that 3rd set letdown was a carryover from losing that close 2nd set.

Early in the match, Praia could not dig a tip, or two, or five........could not receive jump floats ..... even missed serves of their own. When they cleaned up the errors, it became a more balanced match. It helped that Herrera went off. Unilever didn't start blocking her until the 4th set. What a performance for her! :white:

I am glad to see Natalia back on the court. I thought she started the match pretty well although she slowed down starting late in the second set. She made two critical errors (hitting, passing) that handed Praia the 2nd set. She also started getting blocked more in the 3rd set and I wondered at that time if Natalia was getting tired/if she was cramping up and would Bernardinho put Regis in. He didn't.

I think it's a calculated risk by Bernardinho. It's important that a coach show confidence in their starters and let them play through their bad moments (esp. in the first half of the season when there is not much to lose). In the 4th set, Natalia ran down a dig Fabi made all the way to the backboards and then made a great dig of her own the very next play, both leading to points for Unilever.

I also liked seeing how supportive Fofao and Logan were to Natalia, saying little things like "Boa, Nati" on good plays throughout the match. I think Natalia is going to be very important for Unilever's chances of success this season, so I will be interested in her progress. ^^

Lastly, it's becoming more and more clear to me that Unilever needs to be in-system as much as possible. They are not a great out-of-system team (yet?), but when the pass is there, Fofao's connection with her middles is starting to look better and better. I think I will enjoy watching Juciely this season ^^

I don't know exactly what was with Logan, what happened, there was no injury moment or anything like that, just during one time out she went walking showing she was felling pains, and Fiapo (there is Unilever physioterapits) talked to her, took a look in her knee, she came back normally to court after the timeout ended and finished the game normally. So, maybe It is nothing serious, or she would not be able to finish the match, but we never know when we talk about knee....hopefully It was only some discomfort at the moment.

From what I know, it is nothing that will keep Logan from playing in their next matches. :)

Congrats to Unilever for the win and Logan for the match MVP! :drink:

• sollys 3 x 0 banana boat/praia (25-22, 25-16, 25-17)
    MVP: garay :super:

sollys made a great work in defense, Brait :rose: was amazing and Herrera don't played a good match...

Silver Medal 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League - Women

Edited 2 times, last by José ().

• Sollys started the match a bit nervous, especially in reception (yes, you, Fe Garay!). Banana had great service game and Osasco looked disorganized. Then, I think it was 16:18 for Banana, Jaqueline went to serve and that was the end of Banana's game. Seriously, they couldn't do anything. Jaque made two aces, Fe Garay and Dani made couple of blocks and that was the end of the set. After that Banana never really recovered. In the second set Osasco played brilliantly in block (I think they made about 8 points or so). Camila Brait was great in defence.

I have no idea why Fe Garay got the award, it should go to Jaque or Camila.

Sheilla was on court two times and she scored 2 points :D

• I really can't understand CBV's calendar...It is to kill the players!

Banana played in Rio FRiday night, the match ended past 23h to play again in Osasco monday.

Unilever will play today in Rio and Thursday already in São Bernardo!!!!! It is just so ridiculous!

• I really can't understand CBV's calendar...It is to kill the players!

Banana played in Rio FRiday night, the match ended past 23h to play again in Osasco monday.

Unilever will play today in Rio and Thursday already in São Bernardo!!!!! It is just so ridiculous!

and sollys played in Santa Catarina friday and yesterday in Osasco :S
    CBV need to be better in calendar!!!

• and sollys played in Santa Catarina friday and yesterday in Osasco :S
    CBV need to be better in calendar!!!

maybe that's why brazil nt is competitive in tournaments that are demanding in schedule such as grand prix :rolll: