Brazilian League 2012/2013

• Great win for Rio de Janeiro! Exciting game, I'm so happy Brazilian league is back))

• It was a great win for Unilever indeed! But to be honest, the level of the game was not good, both teams played poor.

Logan and Natália one side, Jaque, Sheilla in the other....I think few were the regular players in the game....Im happy Pavan did a good match, cause during the week some press and rival supporters missinterpreted a comment she did about playing against Osasco and were really mean to her in some comments. She is a really sweet and polite girl..and she does not deserve to be treated like that.

The good new for Osasco is that Adenisia was back on court already...everyone in Osasco said she would be coming back only in the end of January...maybe they tried a move saying she would be back only in the end...and tried to surprise...but the truth is, she is an important player for them..

the good new for Unilever is that we won even both of our OH did a terible game...good thing the team has bench this season..and Gabi entered really well!

so like that ends the first part of brazilian league...lets see what happens in this second leg.

• 9º Round

São Cristovão Saúde/São Caetano 0 x 3 Sesi-SP (10/25, 15/25, 13/15) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p241F.pdf
    MVP: Tandara (Sesi-SP)
    Best Scorer: Tandara (Sesi-SP), 19 points

São Bernardo Vôlei 0 x 3 Pinheiros (7/25, 19/25, 20/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p242F.pdf
    MVP: Ana Carol (Pinheiros)
    Best Scorer: Ana Carol (Pinheiros), 12 points

Banana Boat/Praia Clube 3 x 1 Rio do Sul (25/17, 23/25, 25/15, 25/22) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p244F.pdf
    MVP: Angélica (Banana Boat/Praia Clube)
    Best Scorer: Neneca (Rio do Sul), 18 points

Usiminas/Minas 0 x 3 Vôlei Amil (20/25, 20/25, 23/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p245F.pdf
    MVP: Suelen (Vôlei Amil)
    Best Scorer: Daymi (Vôlei Amil), 19 points

Unilever 3 x 2 Sollys/Nestlé (18/25, 25/21, 25/23, 14/25, 15/8 ) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p243F.pdf
    MVP: Fofão (Unilever)
    Best Scorer: Fernanda Garay (Sollys/Nestlé), 24 points
    photos - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/imprensa/abrir.asp?id=1482

• Standing after first phase:
    1. UNILEVER 22 points (8v/1d)
    2. BANANA BOAT/PRAIA CLUBE 22 points (7v/2d)
    3. SOLLYS/NESTLE 21 points (7v/2d)
    4. VOLEI AMIL 20 points (7v/2d)
    5. SESI-SP 16 points (5v/4d)
    6. E.C. PINHEIROS 11 points (4v/5d)
    7. USIMINAS/MINAS 10 points (3v/6d)
    8. S.CRISTOVAO SAUDE/S.C. 6 points (2v/7d)
    9. RIO DO SUL 6 points (2v/7d)
    10. SAO BERNARDO VOLEI 1 point (0v/9d)

• I actually though that in quite a few periods both teams were playing well at the same time - especially in defensive plays - there were some excellent plays. The momentum shifts were to be expected for two teams so evenly matched. Sheila and Jacqueline needed to have more consistency i think to help their team along. - as usual Fernanda Garay was the solid rock as she is in the national team -even when she was being targetted a lot with serve receive when she was in the front court. I am always amazed at how Fofao makes the other Brazilian setters look really average - her ability to control the game, and use the right options at the right times is amazing. The setting really made a difference in this match.

watching thismatch today,I cant say i have seen a similar level of volleyball in any other league. Italian league is very competitive - but thelevel is not always as high as this one consistently - Russian league is dominated by just Kazan.

On another note- good to see Natalia coming back!!!!

• Fofão actually almost didnt play this match...she felt an injury in her leg and stayed the hole week without training to recover in time for the game. So I think it is indeed quite impressive what she did yesterday. At the game we commented she was a bit slow in the beggining, having hard time going after the ball, she improved that with the game...but after I read she was recovering from injury I could perfectly understand...Im happy she could handle the 5 sets...she did the difference for us indeed.

Fabiola didnt make her best game for Osasco.

I guess both teams felt the lack of rhythm for coming from the holidays break, both teams showed passion and will, so it was an exciting game, but technically speaking it was not a good game..I'm sure both can do much more. (but hey, great decision from cbv to let the most important game in brazilian league to be after a holidays break...where else you could find that kind of decision?... :aww: :lol: )

• Well, you've already said everything about the match, so I won't be repeatting anything. I liked how Berni left Natalia and Gabi on court despite their not so great performances. Logan's sitting on the bench won't hurt her, but Natalia needs to play as much as possible and she has to feel that the coach trusts her. And for Gabi that was good experience.

Also, changing the subject a bit, Amil and Osasco had contracted new, young players to their teams. Amil took one (sorry, I don't remember their names, Joana will surely know who am I talking about :D ) and Osasco took four of them. There was a nice article about that, with lots of quotes from these young girls.

But, back to the topic. I loved the fact that Stacy Sykora was there to watch the match. It was nice to see her and I'm glad they did a short interview with her, pity I didn't understand anything she said tough :lol:

• Rosamaria is the young oh that went to Amil. ;) She is the capitan of Brazil Junior Nt.

Stacy just talked a bit about how she was missing Brazil, and also that she misses playing volleyball, but that she needs to improve her sign first. That she is living well, after all she is living, but she of course miss playing volleyball. She also joked she forgot a lot of words in portuguese now cause she was in Italy, but she wants to learn again. She said she was liking the game, cause it is like the final of brazilian league.

Stacy confirmed she will stay 20 days in Brazil, and then she will come back to US.

It was more or less that. ;)

• Fofão actually almost didnt play this match...she felt an injury in her leg and stayed the hole week without training to recover in time for the game. So I think it is indeed quite impressive what she did yesterday. At the game we commented she was a bit slow in the beggining, having hard time going after the ball, she improved that with the game...but after I read she was recovering from injury I could perfectly understand...Im happy she could handle the 5 sets...she did the difference for us indeed.

Fabiola didnt make her best game for Osasco.

I guess both teams felt the lack of rhythm for coming from the holidays break, both teams showed passion and will, so it was an exciting game, but technically speaking it was not a good game..I'm sure both can do much more. (but hey, great decision from cbv to let the most important game in brazilian league to be after a holidays break...where else you could find that kind of decision?... :aww: :lol: )

as always, thanks for your very informative posts! :)

by the way, do you have any news regarding herrera's condition? praia is doing well even without her but still, she was red hot last year.... ;(

• Stacy just talked a bit about how she was missing Brazil, and also that she misses playing volleyball, but that she needs to improve her sign first. That she is living well, after all she is living, but she of course miss playing volleyball. She also joked she forgot a lot of words in portuguese now cause she was in Italy, but she wants to learn again. She said she was liking the game, cause it is like the final of brazilian league.

Stacy confirmed she will stay 20 days in Brazil, and then she will come back to US.

It was more or less that. ;)

Thanks so much! :rose:
    Stacy looked very happy and relaxed and it seems everything is going well in her life :)

• as always, thanks for your very informative posts! :)

by the way, do you have any news regarding herrera's condition? praia is doing well even without her but still, she was red hot last year.... ;(

As far as I know she had a surgery in her knee..and Im afraid most likely will be out rest of the season. :(

• Later tonight we have another classiv, even If it is a new one...between AMil Campinas x Sollys Osasco at 21h (25h CET). Sportv will broadcast it.

Why, oh why this late?? :wall: :wall: Some of us have jobs to go to in the morning :down:

(counting on some 'massaging' actions from Daymi and blocks from Adenizia, though :D )