• Polish Cup - Quarterfinals 2nd Part
    2.03 Atom Trefl Sopot - KS Pałac Bydgoszcz
    5.03 Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - PTPS Piła
    5.03 Bank BPS Muszynianka Fakro Muszyna - Eliteski AZS UEK Kraków
    6.03 BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Impel Wrocław

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Polish Cup - QF:
    Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - PTPS Piła 3-0 (25-15 25-15 25-19)
    Bank BPS Muszynianka Fakro Muszyna - Eliteski AZS UEK Kraków 3-0 (25-18 28-26 25-14)
    Tauron and Muszynianka advanced to semifinals

Tomorrow: Aluprof - Impel (Impel won first 3-2)

• BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Impel Wrocław 3:2 (16-25, 23-25, 25-16, 25-23, 15-7)
    Both teams won one match, so set ratio is used... but both matches were 3:2, so point ratio is used...
    Impel totaled 204 points, and BKS only 199.
    So Impel Wrocław advances to Polish Cup semifinal.

• BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Impel Wrocław 3:2 (16-25, 23-25, 25-16, 25-23, 15-7)
    Both teams won one match, so set ratio is used... but both matches were 3:2, so point ratio is used...

I supposed that it'll be exciting match and I'm happy that Impel advanced. After changing coach team improved and I hope that they won't fire Aleksandersen after end of the season. If they only think about better transfer policy :roll:

These are situations where I'd prefer a Golden Set...it must be bitter to be eliminated by 5 points, and I remember matches where teams reached the next round by one or two points...giving an extreme example, two wrong decisions of a referee could decide about who qualifies in such situations :S

• These are situations where I'd prefer a Golden Set...it must be bitter to be eliminated by 5 points, and I remember matches where teams reached the next round by one or two points...giving an extreme example, two wrong decisions of a referee could decide about who qualifies in such situations :S

I agree.

I would prefer a system where set ratio still matters, but if that is tied, a golden set is played instead of using points ratio.

• I'm keen on golden set in every situation. It makes second match more interesting. I hate the situation when after the first set it's known who will advance and coaches start to play with substitutes...

• I'm keen on golden set in every situation. It makes second match more interesting. I hate the situation when after the first set it's known who will advance and coaches start to play with substitutes...

Agree, but in my opinion best solution is a 3rd match when both teams win one match (German league uses this system in playoffs this season). On the other hand this means more trouble with organisation, more travelling and of course the possibility of more matches...

• Golden set yes, but only if sets ratio is the same by two teams, in other cases it's unfair for teams which won more sets ike this season in CL.

• Agree, but in my opinion best solution is a 3rd match when both teams win one match (German league uses this system in playoffs this season). On the other hand this means more trouble with organisation, more travelling and of course the possibility of more matches...

It a good idea. The 3rd match could be played next day to avoid travelling for the match. It would be even more fun because of more matches to watch. :teach:

• It a good idea. The 3rd match could be played next day to avoid travelling for the match. It would be even more fun because of more matches to watch. :teach:

But then one team gets home advantage by hosting more matches. We do that now for playoffs, but the advantage is earned by results during the season. For cup competition, teams are treated equally (in theory) by each hosting one of the matches. (Then the final four at a neutral site.)

• But then one team gets home advantage by hosting more matches. We do that now for playoffs, but the advantage is earned by results during the season. For cup competition, teams are treated equally (in theory) by each hosting one of the matches. Then the final four tournament is played at a neutral site.

In fact the same advantage has a host team in case of playing golden sets. So I think that a team which achieved a better result in group stage should be the host. :whistle: