Brazil - Superliga 2012/2013

• 10th round:
    Sao Bernardo Volei - Volta Redonda 3:1 (25:20, 20:25, 25:20, 25:22)
    SESI Sao Paulo - Funvic/Midia Fone 3:1 (25:21, 25:16, 23:25, 25:21)
    Vivo/Minas - Volei Futuro 3:2 (23:25, 25:23, 25:22, 22:25, 15:7)
    Sada Cruzeiro - Medley/Campinas 0:3 (23:25, 22:25, 21:25)
    Canoas - RJX Rio de Janeiro 3:0 (25:23, 25:21, 25:18 ) :lol:
    Super Imperatiz Volei - UFJF 0:3 (29:31, 18:25, 21:25)

• 11th round:

SESI - Volta Redonda 3:1 (25:22, 31:29, 21:25, 25:22)
    Sao Bernardo Volei - Funvic/Midia Fone 3:0 (25:20, 25:16, 25:15)
    Sada Cruzeiro - Volei Futuro 3:1 (16:25, 25:20, 25:17, 25:20)
    Vivo/Minas - Medley/Campinas 3:0 (25:21, 25:19, 25:20)
    Canoas - UFJF 3:0 (25:17, 25:23, 25:16)
    Super Imperatiz Volei - RJX 2:3 (25:23, 18:25, 25:14, 12:25, 11:15)

Rematch round, 1st round:

SESI-SP - Medley/Campinas 2:3 (29:27, 25:21, 22:25, 22:25, 16:18 )
    Sao Bernardo - Volei Futuro 3:2 (28:26, 25:27, 22:25, 25:21, 22:20)
    Volta Redonda - UFJF 2:3 (14:25, 27:25, 25:19, 22:25, 9:15)
    Canoas - Sada Cruzeiro 0:3 (29:31, 23:25, 23:25)
    Funvic/Midia Fone - RJX 1:3 (19:25, 25:20, 28:30, 22:25)
    Super Imperatiz Volei - Vivo/Minas 2:3 (25:16, 26:24, 20:25, 20:25, 8:15)

1. RJX 28
    2. Sada Cruzeiro 27
    3. SESI-SP 25
    4. Canoas 23
    5. Medley/Campinas 22
    6. Vivo/Minas 20
    7. Sao Bernardo Volei 18
    8. Volei Futuro 13
    9. Volta Redonda 12
    10. Super Imperatiz Volei 11
    11. UFJF 10
    12. Funvic/Midia Fone 7

• this roud was amazing :super: :white:
    campinas, cruzeiro, rjx and ufjf did a good work...

• This was such a crazy and long round. Some games seem to have taken forever to end (SB x VF and SESI x Campinas) and pretty much all matches were really well balanced.

Sadly, Vôlei Futuro keeps disappointing. Just when I thought Caio de Prá was doing well and ready to be fixed in the starting six, he gets unstable and they decide to keep rotating him with Najari as OPPs. And it's so damn frustrating when they have so many chances to win a set or a match and just give up.

Very nice results for Campinas and UFJF too. Campinas turn over in the game was amazing (despite SESI's insane 47 errors). Hopefully both teams (along with VF somehow) keep going up the table within the next rounds.

• Sorry about the question as it might be an obvious one for many of you but what is the league formula? Two round of matches against everybody and final ranking based on the points earned here, or have a playoff phase after the two main rounds? If yest then is it a 8 team playoff? Thanks a lot!

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Rematch round, 4th round:

RJX x SESI-SP 2:3 (25/21, 25/22, 20/25, 24/26, 12/15) http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p285M.pdf
    MVP: Everaldo
    Best Scorer: Lorena (SESI; 26 pts)

Vivo/Minas x Volta Redonda 3:2 (21/25, 25/22, 23/25, 25/17, 15/11) http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p286M.pdf
    MVP: Henrique
    Best scorer: Filip Rejlek (Minas; 28 pts)

Sada Cruzeiro x Funvic/Midia Fone 3:0 (25/20, 25/18, 25/18') http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p287M.pdf
    MVP: William
    Best scorer: Maurício (Sada Cruzeiro; 15 pts)

Medley/Campinas x Super Imperatriz 3:2 (25/15, 23/25, 25/18, 29/31, 15/11) http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p288M.pdf
    MVP: Alan
    Best scorer: Bob (Super Imperatriz; 21 pts)

Vôlei Futuro x Canoas 3:1 (19/25, 25/22, 25/16, 25/22) :cheesy: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p289M.pdf
    MVP: Najari
    Best scorer: Rapha (Vôlei Futuro; 16 pts) :heart:

UFJF x São Bernardo 2:3 (25/21, 25/27, 25/20, 19/25, 17/19) http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p290M.pdf
    MVP: Joel
    Best scorer: Joel (São Bernardo; 34 pts)

---

Excelent round overall. Four matches ended in a tie-break! Teams really do seem much more balanced these days. Despite being low in the table, UFJF, Volta Redonda and Super Imperatriz are always giving trouble to higher-placed tteams.

I haven't watched the SESI x RJX game yet, but it seems it was fantastic. Kind of sad for UFJF, but Vôlei Futuro's win totally makes up for it! I wasn't expecting them to win over Canoas, despite the game being at home. Great performance by Rapha again, he's the team main scorer for twice in a row now. And how I wish it was broadcast somewhere... following the live score point by point was nervewracking.

• I share your feelings about Volei Futuro. They did great job against Canoas, which is currently in the top of league. I didn't even expect, that they are able to do it. It's a good proof how unstable Superliga's teams are. Yesterday you could win against Sada Cruzeiro, today you're worse than UFJF and tomorrow you're gonna have a really tight match with Medley/Campinas :P So unpredictable. (still the most unstable team is Medley/Campinas for me, definitely)

I'm actually still excited because of SESI. I can compare their performance to rollercoaster. Watching them at the beginning was like a nightmare for me. I thought nothing's gonna happen in Rio de Janeiro and they wouldn't be able to take maybe just a point. After 3rd set everything was changed. They finally found their game. The greatest was the end of 5th set. Lorena turned off his service and together with Eder were a heroes of this part of a match. This match was really important, especially after this tough battle against UFJF. SESI still lose a points in completely unexpected situations, but as I said before - in this season everything seems to be possible.

The table looks pretty cool - RJX, Sada and SESI systematically run away from Canoas, Medley and Vivo, which have the same number of points currently.

• It's a good proof how unstable Superliga's teams are. Yesterday you could win against Sada Cruzeiro, today you're worse than UFJF and tomorrow you're gonna have a really tight match with Medley/Campinas :P So unpredictable. (still the most unstable team is Medley/Campinas for me, definitely)

Haha yes, I totally agree! Campinas is just a weird team. I'm always under the impression that one of the main reasons for their instability is Murilo Radke though, their game seems to always get better whenever Rodriguinho comes in from the bench. But maybe that's really just my impression.

Hopefully VF will be able to be unpredictable again next Thursday and defeat RJX (not holding my breath though, but it'd be incredible).

By the way, updated classification table:

1. Sada Cruzeiro 36 (+1)
    2. RJX 35 (-1)
    3. SESI-SP 32
    4. Medley/Campinas 27 (+1)
    5. Vivo/Minas 27 (+1)
    6. Canoas 27 (-2)
    7. São Bernardo Vôlei 20
    8. Vôlei Futuro 19
    9. Volta Redonda 13
    10. UFJF 13
    11. Super Imperatriz Vôlei 12
    12. Funvic/Midia Fone 9

• I have watched two matches of vivo minas - seems like a good team, I'm not sure why they are not higher up the table? I really like them for some reason One issue seems to be that Lucarelli is the only one who will make a point first time round - the others seem to struggle? Does anyone know how Quiroga is doing in this team? Seems to be more of a consistent player - but not exceptional in any category - just good all round?

• I have watched two matches of vivo minas - seems like a good team, I'm not sure why they are not higher up the table? I really like them for some reason One issue seems to be that Lucarelli is the only one who will make a point first time round - the others seem to struggle? Does anyone know how Quiroga is doing in this team? Seems to be more of a consistent player - but not exceptional in any category - just good all round?

They are a really good team. I think the reason they aren't higher up in the table is because they didn't start the season well enough due to Filip's and Quiroga's injuries. Now that they are back, the team seems to be working very well. They even had 9 consecutive wins a while ago, which has been broken since then as their last two games were against the leader and vice-leader of the championship. You may also say that they don't have more points because quite a few of their games have finished with a 3-2 score.

As for Quiroga, he seems to be consistent. Someone said during today's game against RJX that he's still not 100% after his injury and that might be affecting his game a little bit, but he's been playing for a while now and has been mostly good in defense/reception I think. I honestly think the reason he doesn't score more is that most balls to go Filip and Lucarelli. lol

• They are a really good team. I think the reason they aren't higher up in the table is because they didn't start the season well enough due to Filip's and Quiroga's injuries. Now that they are back, the team seems to be working very well. They even had 9 consecutive wins a while ago, which has been broken since then as their last two games were against the leader and vice-leader of the championship. You may also say that they don't have more points because quite a few of their games have finished with a 3-2 score.

As for Quiroga, he seems to be consistent. Someone said during today's game against RJX that he's still not 100% after his injury and that might be affecting his game a little bit, but he's been playing for a while now and has been mostly good in defense/reception I think. I honestly think the reason he doesn't score more is that most balls to go Filip and Lucarelli. lol

thanks!!:-)

• Final standings:

1. RJX (53)
    2. Sada Cruzeiro (52)
    3. SESI-SP (47)
    4. Medley/Campinas (40)
    5. Vivo/Minas (40)
    6. Canoas (40)
    7. Volta Redonda (27)
    8. São Bernardo (27)

9. Vôlei Futuro (24)
    10. Super Imperatriz Vôlei (16)
    11. UFJF (16)
    12. Funvic/Midia Fone (14)

Vôlei Futuro crashed and burned and managed to get eliminated before the playoffs. Such a huge disappointment. If the rumors are right, now that they're out, it's quite possible the team will close doors once the season ends next month.

Next games are:

1. RJX - São Bernardo
    2. Sada Cruzeiro - Volta Redonda
    3. SESI-SP - Canoas
    4. Medley/Campinas - Vivo/Minas

I think the only games that may have an unexpected outcome are the last 2 ones. SESI probably has the advantage, but Canoas is also a strong team (even with Minuzzi being out due to an injury). Campinas and Minas are both crazy and unstable teams (the first one the most), so I have no idea who's going to advance.

• SESI doesn't really have any advantage, in my opinion. They totally fucked up last few matches by losing a points against teams from the end of the table. Like they didn't care and made themselves thinking it's gonna be easy to beat them. I don't actually know why it happened, I just know they played this battle against Volta Redonda without main players. I'm angry as hell, 'cause there was even a chance to advance on the second place, instead of Sada Cruzeiro but became wasted. Canoas was the last opponent that I wanted SESI to play against. We'll see.

• Watching Sesi v Canoas, cant understand what is going on but firstly 2 yellow cards in the space of less than 15 minutes? What the hell??? Also lights suddenly go out during the match?? Can anyone explain what is going on? The most bizarre thing I've ever seen :what:

• Watching Sesi v Canoas, cant understand what is going on but firstly 2 yellow cards in the space of less than 15 minutes? What the hell??? Also lights suddenly go out during the match?? Can anyone explain what is going on? The most bizarre thing I've ever seen :what:

It was a tense match. Sesi could be eliminated and Canoas could qualified to semi-finals. Both teams complaining referees. That case, the referee gave a yellow card to Cléber (Sesi's OH) and Paulão (Canoas's coach). They're discussing a lot. About lights: well, technical problems again. :down: It wasn't first time. :whistle: CBV must be severe on those situations, punishing clubs. :hit:

Anyway, congrats Sesi! You are still not playing so well, but you fought till the end! :drink:

• God, they scared me. I told you this going to be a tough battle for SESI, especially, that they're not playing good (actually I can count their positive performances at five fingers of my hand) and honestly just kind of luck keeps them alive in this quaterfinal. Just look at scores of each set - easy result for Canoas and really tight for Sao Paulo. I'm so afraid before third match, 'cause I dunno really know what should I expect. I just want them to be in semis, meet Sada/or not.../ and fight for success. But first they have to solve their problems, where is Sidao, what the hell is going on with Sandro (I mean he plays so bad)?

I feel so sorry for Medley/Campinas. I guess they expected much more, than fighting for 5th place :(

#gosesi

• Damn, these SESI x Canoas matches have been amazing! Now that I don't have anyone to cheer for, I hope Canoas beats SESI and advances to the semifinals. I can still hope for a Canoas x Vivo/Minas final. :lol: