Dutch NT 2013-2014

• After first stage:

I'm really worried about our libero-position.... :S :S :S By far the weakest spot of the team.

Even against Spain, Knip made several direct reception-errors :roll: :roll:

In defense, she is too slow...she doesn't get her body quick enough in the best position to play the ball.

• I still cant understand why Schoot not there. :aww:

Only a very few persons know it, I think. The staff and players.

Probably, only after the tournament, the outside world will know it.

• Only a very few persons know it, I think. The staff and players.

A big secret?

Schoot is not injuired...

Knip is the worst one on court

• A big secret?

Schoot is not injuired...

Knip is the worst one on court

I don't know wether it is for a special reason (big secret). Maybe he didn't choose Myrthe because she was injured during almost the whole season. We will know it in future

• Only a very few persons know it, I think. The staff and players.

I think there is no problem :D Myrthe is 100% fit, but Gido choose for Kirsten,who trained whole year with NT, and played most of the matches with NT this summer.

• From USC Münster fan forum: Sloetjes will have shoulder surgery tomorrow. Her injury first got better during summer, but towards ECH it got worse again and she couldn't lift the arm over shoulder height.

Hope she'll recover well :S

• From USC Münster fan forum: Sloetjes will have shoulder surgery tomorrow. Her injury first got better during summer, but towards ECH it got worse again and she couldn't lift the arm over shoulder height.

Hope she'll recover well :S

Yeah, we saw her on friday in Halle and she told us the same. It's not getting better now, so she has something to do about it.

• Yeah, we saw her on friday in Halle and she told us the same. It's not getting better now, so she has something to do about it.

。。。hope everything will be ok

• ECH 2013:

The goal - communicated before the tournament by players and staff - was to reach the quarterfinals. They didn't succeed, so one would say it was a disapointing tournament.

I only partly agree with it. Of course, in the end it is all about ranking, but for many of the girls it was their first important tournament (ECH, WCH) and some key-players were not available. Losing 2-3 against Turkey, Germany and Croatia with the available roster is not a disaster.

Reception: clearly the weakest part. Especially Knip and Buijs should improve.

Defense: traditionally a weak part, since the height of the Dutch girls. No big deal for me.

Serve: I think the girls should practice more. Teams like Germany, Turkey, Serbia etc. show a strong serve could be a decisive factor during a match.

Setting: both setters should set higher for players like de Kruijf, Buijs, Flier.

Attack: I think Dutch NT has enough potential (power). Both wingspikers and MBs

Block: much better than I expected. Dutch NT outclassed any opponent during the 4 games they played. Especially Robin de Kruijf has turned from a weak blocker to a very good blocker.

• Setting: both setters performed quite well, though they should set higher for players like de Kruijf, Buijs, Flier.

I haven't watched enough of Dutch team to make a qualified comment about this, but at least from the impressions I got, I'm a bit surprised to read this :| Compared to her performance earlier in the summer, Stoltenborg looked quite weak in this tournament. Her connection with both MBs was really not good, and also the sets to the outsides many times were not precise. I don't mean that she played "horrible" like some other people wrote during matches, but for me, setting was one of the weakest elements in Dutch play. Of course it also depends on the quality of reception and defense, but I know that Femke can perform better than she did in ECH :S

Apart from this, I agree that there is great potential in the team. Many players are in their early 20s, so give this time a few years time and they'll be VERY strong!

• haven't watched enough of Dutch team to make a qualified comment about this, but at least from the impressions I got, I'm a bit surprised to read this Compared to her performance earlier in the summer, Stoltenborg looked quite weak in this tournament. Her connection with both MBs was really not good, and also the sets to the outsides many times were not precise. I don't mean that she played "horrible" like some other people wrote during matches, but for me, setting was one of the weakest elements in Dutch play. Of course it also depends on the quality of reception and defense, but I know that Femke can perform better than she did in ECH

You are right, though I don't know about Femke's real/normal level at the moment...possibly she played during first WGP weekend in Macau above her capacities..She already knows how to set fast, but for players like Buijs and De Kruijf the set must also be high enough for them to use their high reach.

1. Being a tall setter, it is hard for her dealing with low/weak recpetion. So, the very weak reception didn't help her...2. She is still very unstable...one match great, following match very weak etc..Also in Hamburg it was like that.

• You are right, though I don't know about Femke's real/normal level at the moment...possibly she played during first WGP weekend in Macau above her capacities..She already knows how to set fast, but for players like Buijs and De Kruijf the set must also be high enough for them to use their high reach.

1. Being a tall setter, it is hard for her dealing with low/weak recpetion. So, the very weak reception didn't help her...2. She is still very unstable...one match great, following match very weak etc..Also in Hamburg it was like that.

Agree,she always set too low for kruijf.
    Plak、Buijs、Kruijf need high balls

• Gido Vermeulen is starting with "wintertraining" at 7 octobre, 1 day a week 13 talented women are training at Papendal.

Inge Molendijk Sliedrecht Sport
    Kirsten Knip Sliedrecht Sport
    Lynn Thijssen Sliedrecht Sport
    Esther van Berkel Sliedrecht Sport
    Quirine Oosterveld VV Alterno
    Celeste Plak VV Alterno
    Moniek Jansen VV Alterno
    Britt Bongaerts Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Daisy Xhofleer Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Celine Keijsers Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Femke Stoltenborg Alemannia Aachen (GER)
    Yvon Belien Alemannia Aachen (GER)
    Klaske Sikkes VC Sneek

Surprises for me are the three girls from Talentteam Papendal. Especially Britt Bongaerts is really talented setter :D

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…tart-met-wintertrainingen

• Funny Stoltenborg and Beliën will join :P Since they play for a foreign club :D :D