2013 FIVB Junior World Championship - Czech Republic - 21/06

• Don't the Chinese girls ever get sore throats from their screaming??? :white:

Cheers?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• First time ever in FIVB Women history Team from Africa- Egypt is Group Leader after 2 days.. What a shame for Turkey :lol: give back Your 3 Gold Medals.

• For the Serbians: why isn´t Natasa Cikiriz playing? A trio with Boskovic + Busa + Cikirz would do great, just like they did against Brazil in friendly matches :wall:

Yesterday she entered in 1st set but hurt her knee in a defense movement, it wasn't so bad and later she was warming up with the other substitutes again but I guess the coach didn't want to risk anything.

• Peru lost two five-sets match. :wall:

Why?!!!!

PERU! :super:

• 8 matches today ( Monday)

I think easy win for Turkey against Egypt , Italy against Algeria and China against Thailand.

A couple of matches with a probable winner , Serbia to beat Japan and Dominican Republic to beat Chinese Taipei.

The three last matches to be quite interesting , Brazil has a serious test against Russia , and Mexico should show their strength again against the Americans.

Most balanced match of the day between Czech Republic and Peru. With a bit of home advantage , the Czech should manage to do the job against a very dangerous Peru - which has played a lot of sets and might be tired.

• ~How does it work by the way ? the first 2 of each group goes through and then semi-finals?

ignore me , I just found the answer

COMPETITION FORMULA

The 17th edition of the Women's U20 World Championship will be held from June 21 to 30, 2013 in Brno in the Czech Republic.

It will be the first time the competition will feature 20 teams. All previous editions featured 16 teams only.

The competition will run over 10 days with two rest days.

The 20 teams will be divided into four pools of five teams each and will play a round-robin tournament. The bottom-ranked team of each pool will play classification matches for 17th-20th place in a round-robin system.

The other 16 teams progress to the Eight Finals which consists of a playoff (1st of Pool A against 4th of Pool B etc). The winners of the playoff matches will advance to the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals to be classified from 1st to 8th while the losers of playoff match will play classification matches, with a similar quarterfinals, semifinals and finals system, to be classified from 9th to 16th.

• Went to Rus-Bra game today. After really easy first set for Brazil from 2nd on it got exciting, so I thought well worth a trip. I don't like this Russian team, all the traditional problems are there- slow, high sets, lazy in defense, Voronkova is overweight, Ilchenko lacks height and power. I don't expect any of these plAyers to shine in the future. But why there was a battle with all these Russian problems? Because Brazilian team is a also a bit of disappointment itself. It's all just my opinion of course. They became 1 player team, the setter goes with not thinking and in every difficult situation give the ball to Gabi. She doesn't use MB in attack at all. I personally don't remember any of Brazilian NT playing with that tactics or should I say lack of tactics and I expect them to have a lot of troubles then facing teams who are stronger than Russia.

• No, we will play with third team from group A (if we win against Thailand, which is expected cause they are on the bottom)

No, i´m talking about the quarterfinal matches! This match is for the round of 16! Brazil will play against the 4th of group D (probably Algeria) and after, there is likely to be a clash between Brazil and Serbia in quarterfinal match!