Brazil NT 2013

• i have no problem with thaisa and fabiana still playing but i am against fabi and sheila to me the starting unit for wgp 2013 should be like this:

s-dani lins
    mb-thaisa, fabiana
    opp-tandara
    oh- garay,natalia
    l-camila

or since some here like the idea of youth then the lineup should be the same above but the exception is in the mb position the starters will be juicely/adenizia and bia :lol:

• Brazil are themselves to blame for their unsuccess.. Not talking about Olympic GOLD please don't get me wrong but they started to play worse from 2011 and so on... they were terrible in WC, the team needs fresh players, you see Fernanda made and is making a difference and it was because many OH were injured she got the chance and she proved she is very very good.. soo if you don't give experience to young players you won't have them when you need them.. look at USA I really admire Hugh and Karch's work.. look what they've done.. Larson was nothing more than a regular OH she played as a starter in 2009, 2010, in WCH her improvement was visible and thn in 2012 she was one of the best all around OH's... In WGP 2012 Brazil plays all of their starters USA gives a chance to the subs who'll go to London.. and they provide. Megan played a great match against China..
    So all in all I think Brazil should let the others players play they deserve it.. Sheilla is not the same anymore - let Tandara play, let Natalia play and get back in form.. let Bia and Adenizia play (although Juiciely is great but not that young..) Sooo good luck to them! :)

• well if somenone needs luck then germany, russia, turkey, italy needs that more than brazil and usa and if the performance of brazil is a disaster according to their own standards then the performance of other teams except usa is a calamity ;)

• Brazil already have Camila Brait as libero why call Fabi? Brazilian NT doesn't need her anymore. With Sheilla back Tandara won't be in the starting six this year. Unless of course Ze puts Sheilla on the bench the entire game / competition which i highly doubt. We all know Ze Roberto. He is going to stick with the old lneup and make use of the old players even on not so important competitions instead of giving the younger ones experience and handle the pressure of winning games all by themselves without the presence of the veterans, this i think would be beneficial for the young players' mindset in playing for future international competitions. just look at the Cuban team of the early 2000's, after the so called Dream Team players of the 90's retired, they make use of younger players which in turn didn't give them good results for the first three years but come 2004, they made a huge comback and won the bronze medal in the Athens Olympics. Even defeating veteran led teams like Russia and Brazil. Only if those players did not leave Cuba, they would have been i believe the biggest threat for Brazil in London 2012.

If Mari and Paula did not suffer from injuries, i believe they would still be in the starting six and the younger Fe Garay won't even be given full time on court. Get my point? I kinda agree with the others here and i don't understand Ze Roberto's way of thinking...Using one of your top players (Fe Garay) in not so important competitions like Montreux and Alassio Cup is very risky. What if she gets injured? Considering that you are just up against an experimental / reserve players of other countries, why worry about losing the competition? In 2010, he lost Mari and Paula prior to the World Championship and up to now he still haven't learned his lesson. Well then again, this is just my opinion.

1) 'If Mari and Paula did not suffer from injuries, i believe they would still be in the starting six and the younger Fe Garay won't even be given full time on court. Get my point?'

We can't compare Paula and Mari now with Garay as we couldn't compare them after their injuries.
    Paula and Mari were very important to Brazil during 2008 Olympic Games. I didn't follow volleyball for a long time, so I had to watch Beijing matches months ago and that matches still are in my head. Paula and Mari played much better than Garay last year. It's easy to understand why Garay hadn't any chance. Mari was MVP at the 2008 Grand Prix and Paula was MVP at the 2008 Olympic Games. Brazil won Beijing hands down, man. We only lost 1 set to USA. With Mari and Paula playing like that any team had a chance against Brazil and I can assume that any brazilian OH was able to take their place that time. Brazil suffered to win London, but won Beijing easily and Paula and Mari were playing amazing. Any possibility to Jaqueline, Sassá and any other player. I'll give you some results.

Brazil 3X0 Russia (25:14, 25:14, 25:16). Yes, Russia didn't score 17 points in one set.
    Brazil 3X0 Italy (25:16, 25:22, 25:17). Only one set over 20 points.
    Brazil 3X0 Serbia (25:15, 25:13, 25:23). Same here.
    Brazil 3X0 Japan (25:12, 25:20: 25:16).
    Brazil 3X0 China (27:25, 25:22, 25:14). Yes, our hardest match ended in straight sets.
    Brazil 3X1 USA (25:15, 18:25, 25:13, 25:21)

That time, anybody could think that Garay will replace them because Mari and Paula could be injured. We have Jaqueline and another players. Garay appeared later and started to play in a high level thanks to Zé Roberto. He observed her and thought she could help Brazil. She hadn't the same success in Superliga she had last season.

2) 'Using one of your top players (Fe Garay) in not so important competitions like Montreux and Alassio Cup is very risky. What if she gets injured? Considering that you are just up against an experimental / reserve players of other countries, why worry about losing the competition? In 2010, he lost Mari and Paula prior to the World Championship and up to now he still haven't learned his lesson.'

Mari and Paula injured when they are preparing to play the World Championship and not Montreux or Alassio Cup. It's a fate.

3) 'He is going to stick with the old lneup and make use of the old players even on not so important competitions instead of giving the younger ones experience and handle the pressure of winning games all by themselves without the presence of the veterans, this i think would be beneficial for the young players' mindset in playing for future international competitions. '

Here I agree with you in some points, but I think we can't exaggerate experience that much. Look at brazilian players performance: We lost Paula and Mari before the World Championship, but Brazil arrived at finals invencible and only was defeated by Russia after a tie-break. I don't think it's bad result. I think Jaqueline and Natália replaced them quite well. Gamova was impressive during tie-break. We can't win all time and we only lost one match in the tie-break during all World Championship.
    I said it because I think our OHs played well even without these experience.
    I have other examples: Garay is really playing for Brazil only one year ago. Look at her during the Olympic Games! I don't think inexperience was heavy to her. We won a hard competition and she played better than Jordan Larson that final without Larson experience. Larson was the Grand Prix winner and playing very well. Nevertheless, Garay was better in the most important match and under pressure because Brazil was the current champion. If we lost to USA, everybody will compare her to Mari and ask why Mari didn't go to London.
    Experience is important. Yes, it is, but we can't exaggerate. Look at brazilian players during Montreux and Alassio. Bethania, Castillo etc have more experience than Monique, Pri Daroit and Camila. Do you think brazilian players played badly bexause of it?

• Brazil are themselves to blame for their unsuccess.. Not talking about Olympic GOLD please don't get me wrong but they started to play worse from 2011 and so on... they were terrible in WC, the team needs fresh players, you see Fernanda made and is making a difference and it was because many OH were injured she got the chance and she proved she is very very good.. soo if you don't give experience to young players you won't have them when you need them.. look at USA I really admire Hugh and Karch's work.. look what they've done.. Larson was nothing more than a regular OH she played as a starter in 2009, 2010, in WCH her improvement was visible and thn in 2012 she was one of the best all around OH's... In WGP 2012 Brazil plays all of their starters USA gives a chance to the subs who'll go to London.. and they provide. Megan played a great match against China..
    So all in all I think Brazil should let the others players play they deserve it.. Sheilla is not the same anymore - let Tandara play, let Natalia play and get back in form.. let Bia and Adenizia play (although Juiciely is great but not that young..) Sooo good luck to them! :)

We can't compare USA and Brazil preparation. USA hadn't serious injuries. Brazil had. We all know that OHs are very important. They serve, receive, dig, block and spike (they only didn't set). IMO they are the precious stone of a team.
    Brazil lost Mari and Paula before the World Championship, but I already commented it above.

You are saying we started to play worse from 2011 and that's true. But you must remember we lost Natália (tumour) and Jaqueline (maternity) too in 2011. Who are the greatest OHs in USA? I think they are Logan and Larson. Ok, take them off. Who do you think are the 3rd and 4th OHs? I can't imagine. Ok, take them off too. The case is: if USA had lost Logan and Larson and, after this, they had started to play under the NT level and then your current OHs are out, do you think USA will be so consistent like they were?
    Jaqueline was pregnant and Natália had a surgery. But, even with all this problems, they came back and managed to win the most important competition: the Olympic Games. We can't blame them. They had a lot of difficulties that USA hadn't.

Zé Roberto is doing a great job. What is the most important competition: the Olympic Games I guess. And the second? The World Championship.
    Brazil won the last two Olympic Games and was runner-up in the last two World Championships.
    We lost 2006 and 2010 World Championships playing invencible the finals and we only lost after tie-breaks. In 2006 Brazil defeated Russia in Pool F (3:1) and lost in the final (3:2). In 2010 we are invencible until the final too.
    A team that won the most important competitions and was defeated in the other only in one match, after playing 10, 11 matches, in the tie-break is a ready team I guess.
    USA was 9th in 2006 and 4th in 2010. Russia was defeated during quaterfinals in the last two Olympic Games.

Brazil was 2nd in 2006 and 2010 and 1st in 2008 and 2012. Any team have it now and people are blaming Zé Roberto saying that he doesn't know how to prepare a team to the competitions. ?( We are saying that he doesn't know when set a new player in a team, but when a new brazilian player has an opportunity (Jaqueline and Natália - 2010, Garay - 2012) they are runner-up at the World Championship and winner at the Olympic Games. ?(
    Zé Roberto already won 3 Olympic Games. How many times these 'good coaches' that people here love won the Olympic Games (Please, don't get me wrong: I'm not talking about Hugh that you quote. He is fantastic :obey:. He's one of the bests to me for sure )? These coaches taht 'know' how give experience to their players? Each team has it's own needs and I think we are blaming the wrong guy.

• Guys, in 2010 Garay had a good Superliga (not an incredible, she was just good) and Ze was looking to her, but they were preparing the team for the WCH and Sassá, Jaque, Paula, Mari and Natália were the mainly and best options in that moment. With Mari and Paula injured, Garay had a chance to be in the NT. She haven't played a lot because she WASN'T a high level player as she is now. Garay started playing well in Japan, and after that she growth a lot.

I'm saying this because I think it is important to understand the situation now. Michelle, Ellen and others young players had no chance to play, as Garay in 2010, but that doesn't mean that the others OH are untouchables. Zé gave a chance to Garay when she was able to play and she did it well, but this chance came after a really good year in NEC Red Rockets. First of all, these young girls need to have a really good season in clubs (Claudinha injured this season and didn't played well, Leticia Hage hadn't played a lot in Praia Clube, Michelle and Monique were just ok and Pri Daroit helped Campinas, because of this she was starting six in Montreux and Alassio) and then they will have more chances.

I won't blame Zé because his intention was good, but Bia and Angélica, both promissing players, injured with the NT and then he needed to call Leticia and Jucy (a 32 years old player, because there's no better options in Brazil). Tandara should be starting six, but she injured her shoulder. Brait, after a modest season in Sollys, had a chance and were just a ok player, with a lot of problems on receive (one of the reasons that Ze wanted to get Fabi back). Sheilla, Fabiana and Thaisa asked to Ze that they wanted to play for Brazil NT again and he accepted (and IMO it is fair, because this girls already did a lot for us).

• Not blaming anyone, not my point.. what my point was that USA is constantly developing new players and giving them a chance so they can play at a high level anytime.. I wanna reply to some of your thoughts also..
    1. Did not have any success recently in WCH because every year after the Olympics they play with younger players.. You see Akinradewo is the bomb of USA now, Harmotto played great before the Olympics too, but Foluke would've never play like that if she haven't played in WGP 2008 when all the veterans were there.. Crista did too in 2009.. So USA has very good MB, Scott, Bown, Tamas.. so why do you want a 25 year old in your line-up... But she was given a chance although Bown and Scott were much better... see my point?
    2. About OH, yeas USA had some kind of problem with that but you see you great was Kristin playing before the Olympics? She is now too.. Megan almost won the match against China all by herself.. well of course she did she was WGP MVP because she was given a chance to play... If they played with Logan and Larson there, Megan would not have been able to do what she did.. Same for Hooker.. they had Hanneef, they had Nammanni.. Hooker was given a chance she absolutely used it and you see..
    So I know no one is now as good as Logan and Larson but you tell me Kristin, Megan, Barboza (now injured, sadly though) can't replace them... I thing you're wrong..
    3. We're aware of how they injury's affected Brazil, but that's my point... having players to replace the other whenever they need.. of course they won't play the same on the same level but they could do the job.. Paula, Mari, Jaque, Sassa ... I don't know how much they could've play for NT in starting 6... Jaque I love her! Great all around and OK she'll stay and they if Garay was not given a chance when the others injured would she play like this?? NO! So now they would have not OH to work for.. You get it? All I say is they should give chances to younger players.. not just Allasio cup.. why is Sheilla needed in WGP.. give me a reason.. Tandara can't do it?? I hope you understand what I was trying to say..

• USAvolleyfan that's a really good point with example of USA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: they are giving chances to new players as often as possible and they find new promising players constantly, I suppose that new girls also will achieve something, as you said: Harmotto, Akinradewo, Larson, Richards-Hildebrand, Hooker... Now there is Fawcett, Newcombe, Adams, Faucette, Banwarth, Miyashiro and they can rock in next years. Comparing with Brazil they are relying too much on experinced players, we'll see how it will look on Grand Prix, but I'm worried I suppose line-up like Dani Lins-Sheilla-Fabiana-Thaisa-Garay-Natalia-Fabi and on bench: Fabiola-Tandara-Adenizia-Juciely-Michelle-Priscila-Camila (I know it's 5 players on bench, but I created sceond line-up), so mostly old experienced players. And what will they do if these starters retire? Fabi isn't young anymore and Brait still doesn't have enough international experience, the same situation is with Gabi, Tandara, Priscila Daroit, Claudia, Leticia Hage, Ivna, Bia, Angelica, Natasha, Andressa, Suelen, Pavao sisters and so on... They should get more play time on international level, why don't they give them time to improve in Montreux or other tournaments, it's year after olympics, they should just try with these girls in order not to waste their skills on bench any longer :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• USAvolleyfan that's a really good point with example of USA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: they are giving chances to new players as often as possible and they find new promising players constantly, I suppose that new girls also will achieve something, as you said: Harmotto, Akinradewo, Larson, Richards-Hildebrand, Hooker... Now there is Fawcett, Newcombe, Adams, Faucette, Banwarth, Miyashiro and they can rock in next years. Comparing with Brazil they are relying too much on experinced players, we'll see how it will look on Grand Prix, but I'm worried I suppose line-up like Dani Lins-Sheilla-Fabiana-Thaisa-Garay-Natalia-Fabi and on bench: Fabiola-Tandara-Adenizia-Juciely-Michelle-Priscila-Camila (I know it's 5 players on bench, but I created sceond line-up), so mostly old experienced players. And what will they do if these starters retire? Fabi isn't young anymore and Brait still doesn't have enough international experience, the same situation is with Gabi, Tandara, Priscila Daroit, Claudia, Leticia Hage, Ivna, Bia, Angelica, Natasha, Andressa, Suelen, Pavao sisters and so on... They should get more play time on international level, why don't they give them time to improve in Montreux or other tournaments, it's year after olympics, they should just try with these girls in order not to waste their skills on bench any longer :call:

I see somebody understand me :win: I wasn't trying to compare USA and Brazil in terms of who's better and wins and losses.. just wanted to say that these last years USA is doing a great job in developing new players.. Lang Ping started it too but not like Hugh did and I see Karch is continuing to work like that! I like it.. :dance6:

• I think you my fellow brazilian friends are just maybe missing one point in what everyone is trying to say. You saying Garay was not a top player before 2010 as she is now, that we used to have enough oh, she was not needed, so on..I agree with that...but

I guess that is exactly the point. I might be wrong, but I guess what everyone is also trying to say is, a player should not be given an experience in Nt during small tournaments just because she is needed...but because it must be part of her preparation and evolution to become a better athlete. Kepping Garay as an example...I remember already in 2008 Garay was a very promising player in brazilian league. I remember cause I have a spanish friend that was close to local clubs and they were all commenting already how good Garay was and how they would love to have her in their team, that back in 2008. I mean, if a spanish guy could see that, Im sure it was also in the eyes of brazilian staff.

So maybe, if she had been called in 2009 more often and actually given the chance to play international tournaments, EVEN THOUGH, yes we had enough good and experienced oh at the time, she could had become a better player earlier...and maybe who knows could have even helped better Brazil in 2010 WCH when many fatalities happened in the team concerning injuries.

I mean, again comparing with US team, as they have similar amount of good players and are a big country with many athletes available like us. Maybe they dont exactly need right now Hill, Hood or even Klineman as OH...as they have Logan, Larson, Hodge, Richards,....but still they are given the opportunity to play international as NT, so they can grow as players...as the other OH already have that kind of experience. Probably next year in WCH they wont be used, but, in case they are needed, they will be more prepared players if they were never given any chances.

I guess what everyone would like to see is Brazil to give more space for young athletes to grow in international scenery, so they could become better athletes for volleyball's future. It seems a waste for volleyball fans to see these athletes never receive a chance unless they become the bests in the country. Maybe if Brazil could use Nt as part of their growth, would have many more prepared players, even though if they were not used in important competitions.

• brazil willl change it's lineup in the coming years but it will be a slow process so slow that it makes observers of the braazilian team disappointed with it's coach, i think the period where we will see brazil make a radical experiment like similar to what happened for usa in 2009 and i happening this year will probably be after the 2016 olympics by that time the veterans will retire or at least their level of play will be drastically reduced which would then give incentive to the coach to give more playing time to the new players, being more radical than what brazil used to do in the past 8 years but right now we won't see much of a change maybe a change on 1 or 2 positions but nothing more than that. honestly i don't think they need so much experience as immediately with the training method they undergo as part of the national team and the braazilian superliga their players develop at a faster rate than their peers from other nations and if the new batch in for example 2018 world championships fail (which here means getting 2nd place below) then so be it they still have 2019 world cup, 2020 olympics and 2022 world championships enough time to prepare.

• do i agree with the coach? nope i like more the strategy of what usa is doing but to me as long as a team like this has been and still is an elite for a long period of time (1994-2000, 2003-present) then whatever strategy it's coach might have is fine by me as long as they do not do terrible thing to their players such as violating their human rights. regarding the topic of experience (again) yes it's important but i does not mean that if someone denies it to a person like in this case brazil nt to it's younger players that you cannot get it anywhere else, if you are truly interested in something and if you feel institution or environment you keeps on ignoring your presence and needs then you can ask for help in another place, another group of people etc. and use that ime to further develop your skills and mature by that time the people who think of you in the first place as a piece of shit will slowly begin to notice you and if you show that you can keep up with the best if em then they will now be the ones kissing your ass :box: if some here think that a national team is a charity or a sort of social welfare and development then maybe those people have watched too much family guy or simpsons :lol:

• Anyway I think it is too soon to say "Ze won't use younger players in WGP". He can also change the group whom is playing week by week as he did last year when Tandara, Natasha, and other players did it well in Lodz against Italy, Poland and Serbia.

About this comparations with USA NT, I will disagree again. They use younger players because both of them are in the same level (with Richards, Hodge, Klineman, they will have good results anyway, and the same I think for the MB). In Brazil is differente, we don't have a lot of promissing players, As I have said it earlier, I think that some players have no potential to be in the NT in her positions like Monique, Michelle and even Suelen. They help their clubs, but we need to have priorities and invest in Tandy, Natalia, Gabi and others really promissing players that we have now.

In some points I agre... As Joana said, if Ze have called Garay in 2009, she could help in WCH in 2010, but in that time we had Mari, Natália, Sassá, Paula, Jaque and Régis playing better than her, and I don't think that it is necessary to have 6 OH. In 2009, he invested in a lot of young players, like Dani, Ana Tiemi, Fabíola, Natalia, Régis, Joycinha, Adenízia, Thaisa as starting six and Brait. I still believe in Ze Roberto's job, so lets see, right? :super:

• I dont think Zé makes a bad job...I guess the results speak for itself..I just think is a waste not to give younger or not so "important" players a chance to be better ones playing small competitions with Nt, that is all. I think would be good for Brazil and for Brazilian league if more players would have that experience and would not make any difference actually for main Nt aspirations.. ^^

and maybe the only reason US players are in same level it is cause all of them receives chances to play internationally, no? ;)

• nah they will be alright it's just that joanamss's motherly instincts are actively kicking in that's why she worries a lot for the team :D

• nah they will be alright it's just that joanamss's motherly instincts are actively kicking in that's why she worries a lot for the team :D

you meaning you can have your opinion, but I can't have mine? I was just putting out my opinion...I guesss there is the reason we have a forum...to make friendly conversation and discussions, to exchange opinions...

• huh? ?( i mean for me there's no need to worry but if you and others feel there is something wrong going on then go ahead :thumbsup:

• Of course no worry ^^ I wanna see Brazil winning in some years when Sheilla, Fabiana, Fabi, Jaque, Thaisa and all of them retire... who's gonna play.. You know Garay is not that young.. they won't be around forever.. so I hope there's enough time for players like Daroit (24 years) to develop... if she can start developing at 27 great!

• 1) First of all, I think we should understand that USA and Brazil process are quite different if we want to campare them. USA don't have a professional league, Brazil has. Many of brazilian players didn't make their debut in NT in the senoir level. To reach the senior level, most of them already played with youth and girls level. Americans are different. Most of them have their debut in the senior level. Brazilian players start to play in a professional league when they are 17, 18, 19 years old. Americans when they are 21, 22, 23 because they are at university. It means that usually brazilian players with 18 and 19 years old have more experience and play in a more high level competition than the americans. We can't compare the experience and the development of a brazilian player and a american one when they are 19. I'll give you some examples:
    a) Look at Gabi. She looks to her right side and she found Logan Tom (one of the greatest around player in the world) playing with her. She looks to her left and there's Natália. Forward she have Fofão (a olympic Champion). Behind her there's Fabi (to times olympic champion). She looks to her bench and can talk with Bernardinho (one of the most victorious coaches ever). What american player can have this experience and have more conditions to develop more than her at this age? She looks to the net and her oponente is Sheilla, Thaisa, Garay, Hooker, Jaqueline and so forth. How many times USA won the Youth World Championship? Never. And the Girls World Championship? Never. How many times USA was second or third? Never. Brazil won 6 times (the record) the World Championship and 3 (the record with China) times the Girls one. Why? Because at this age brazilian players are more developed and have more experience than the americans.
    b) Look at Rosamaria. She is coached by a olympic Champion (3 times) and she's only 19 I guess.
    c) Juliana (Sesi - 18): her captain is just the captain of Brazil senior team. Brazilian players with 17, 18 etc could already play with and against players that have Grand Prix level when they are young.
    What do I want to say with this?
    The process of development of brazilian players start sooner than the americans in all most cases. Their debut with our NT too. The process for americans is different. Most of them are making their debut only with the senior team. They don't have a sequence that start with the Girls, then go to the Youth etc. The senior players of Brazil NT already worked with CBV coaches (Garay, Thaisa, Dani Lins etc) and they already know them very well. Garay didn't play their first match for Brazil in 2010. She played at Youth level in 2005 which is 5 years ago. Girls and Youth are just developing them to the senior team. Gabi is 19 and this season, aside Unilever matches, she already played against Grand Prix teams (Dominican Republic, Argentina, USA etc). She already trained with our senior team last year.
    I'm saying that the role of american sênior team staff in searching players and developing them must be bigger because they don't have a great continuity between one job and the other. Brazil senior staff must develop players too, but they already have a job from 6-8 years done.

2) USA don't have a professional league which means players must play abroad. Brazil has as we know. Almost all our players are playing her. It's more easy to know their level comparing one with each other. Some of them play for the same team. You can know more certainly who is playing better than the others. You don't need call a lot of them to play for Brazil.
    American players are in many different leagues. One was here the other in Russia, Italy, South Korea, Turkey and so forth. How compare them? The leagues have different level. You can have some idea but it's hard to have it clear. We should summon all them to compare during scrimmages etc. With all these players together playing at the same level we can have a better impression.

3) When you say about Foluke, I can't get your point because is just Thaisa case. Both born at 1987. Thaisa is line-up only since 2009. Before we had Walewska (2008 Olympic Games).
    When you say about Hodge too because Natália is younger and had more opportunities than Hodge. Hodge was bench (only was subbed against Kazakhstan in two sets) at the World Championship. Natália was starting-six. Isn't a good experience? Since 2009 to 2012, Natália was starting-six during Grand Prix 19 times. Hodge, 15. Natália had more opportunities I guess, and she is younger.
    When you say about Harmotto, I can't get the point too. How many years old do you think Fabiana is? She's only 25. Harmotto is older than her, but Fabiana even younger had more opportunities, right?
    When you say about Richards, I don't understand too. She isn't that young. Next Sunday she'll be 28. Garay is younger than her and already played the Olympic Games, the World Cup and Grand Prix as starting-six which means she had more opportunities than Richards, isn't?
    Look at Grand Prix rosters this year. The youngest american born at 1990. Brazil have Gabi (1994), Bia (1992), Ellen (1991), Letícia (1990) and Ivna (1990).

• I dont think Zé makes a bad job...I guess the results speak for itself..I just think is a waste not to give younger or not so "important" players a chance to be better ones playing small competitions with Nt, that is all. I think would be good for Brazil and for Brazilian league if more players would have that experience and would not make any difference actually for main Nt aspirations.. ^^

and maybe the only reason US players are in same level it is cause all of them receives chances to play internationally, no? ;)

I don't think so Joana... Klineman was brilliant in Pesaro and she hadn't a lot of chances to play in the NT... She was bench in Pan 2011.