Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• Exactly. Why don't they benefit from country's youth systems? Why don't they bring young players that have prospects of development in NT players? Make long-term contract and not pay 10-11 transfer payments to other countries. They could easily get the young players from other academies like the rest of clubs do. When younger player develops into NT player - thats when club can make name for itself.

Aachen is only a small club...there never was manpower, financial resources and quality in staff to build a good youth-academy. During last seasons, the Bundesliga-team hardly survived (also in financial aspect)..so, the priority at the moment is to build a decent Bundesliga-team for the long term..hopefully in near future, there will be the opportunity to invest in youth-academy.

Concerning transferring promsing young players from other clubs: until current season, Aachen never was succesfull, so not attractive for youth nt-players from other clubs.

• I think Aachen made the first important step by signing Rojko for 3 years and building a strong team, even though it is almost entirely made of foreigners. Now that they have arrived among the top teams of the league they will certainly become interesting also for young German players, and if their management does good work in the background, Aachen can be among the top teams for a longer time :win:

Maybe then they'll finally get a bigger hall too :whistle:

• I think Aachen made the first important step by signing Rojko for 3 years and building a strong team, even though it is almost entirely made of foreigners. Now that they have arrived among the top teams of the league they will certainly become interesting also for young German players, and if their management does good work in the background, Aachen can be among the top teams for a longer time :win:

Maybe then they'll finally get a bigger hall too :whistle:

the most important person in Aachen's management is Theo Hofland :P :D Hopefully the club can keep him ;)

• Wiesbaden's no 6 :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: !!!!!

Matchpoint for Wiesbaden at 23-24 in 4th set....she has to set the an easy ball to Muijlwijk ---> TECHNICAL FAULT :read: :read: :read:

Now 5th set

• Dresden 2-3 Wiesbaden :win:

Well deserved victory for Wiesbaden!

• Thüringen - Aachen 3-0 (25-15, 25-12, 25-15) :white: :white: :white:

Thüringen already won 0-3 in Aachen, in December..

• Dresdner SC - VC Wiesbaden 2:3 (18:25, 25:18, 22:25, 29:27, 9:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2119.pdf
    MVP: Rebecca Perry / Julia Osterloh
    Wiesbaden wins the top match and now has very good chances to finish regular season on 1st place, their last match is against Vilsbiburg and if they win that with 3 points they're guaranteed 1st place. Somehow, their success is a bit a mystery, they're not really outstanding at any skill and don't have any star players, but they're a good example for excellent teamplay by a team that was developed over 3 seasons (with minor changes) by a good coach.

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - Köpenicker SC Berlin 3:2 (23:25, 25:21, 25:17, 25:27, 15:13)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2118.pdf
    MVP: Svenja Engelhardt / Patricia Grohmann
    Hard fight from both teams. Köpenick's MBs were less effective than usual, but against Bremer and Pavan as blockers on the other side it's not that easy. Patti Grohmann with 24 points and very good reception but also blocked 11 times :white: Also Svenja Engelhardt played very well, maybe a miracle happens and one of those two players can become important for German NT...

VolleyStars Thüringen - Ladies in black AACHEN 3:0 (25:12, 25:15, 25:15) :what: :white:
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2115.pdf
    MVP: Stefanie Golla / Aida Rejzovic
    I have a feeling that Thüringen might regret this match in a week when they play Cup final. They're preparing for that now and they should peak next week, but it's hard to imagine them playing better than today (judging by the result) :whistle: Good serving and blocking, looks like Aachen had no answers today. Belien didn't play but her substitute was good, so that probably wasn't a factor, It's a very strange result for sure...

Tomorrow:
    Münster - Hamburg
    Potsdam - Schwerin, 16.00 CET live on http://www.dvllive.tv

• I'm really wondering what makes Thüringen so difficult to play for Aachen...

Losing twice 3-0 this season is really remarkable..

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart - Köpenicker SC Berlin 3:2 (23:25, 25:21, 25:17, 25:27, 15:13)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2118.pdf
    MVP: Svenja Engelhardt / Patricia Grohmann
    Hard fight from both teams. Köpenick's MBs were less effective than usual, but against Bremer and Pavan as blockers on the other side it's not that easy. Patti Grohmann with 24 points and very good reception but also blocked 11 times :white: Also Svenja Engelhardt played very well, maybe a miracle happens and one of those two players can become important for German NT...

Yeah... That block made the difference today.. Today both setter were not very improvising and just passed to grohman. But rebecca just blocked her again and again. I wish she played that at that level when she was playing for us.. X(

• Yeah... That block made the difference today.. Today both setter were not very improvising and just passed to grohman. But rebecca just blocked her again and again. I wish she played that at that level when she was playing for us.. X(

Hmm I think she did, she was best blocker of the league last season ;)

• Hmm I think she did, she was best blocker of the league last season ;)

What can I say - rebecca ruined us :lol: .. I didn't remember her making 7 blocks - but you are right - she did post 7 against potsdam.. Well ok, now feel better))

• Hamburg v Münster (I'm at the Berg Fidel)... Hamburg leading 2-0 after too many mistakes at crucial moments by the home team. Hamburg do look a lot more solid than they have for almost all of this season, though.

Either we will get a bunch of ecstatic Hamburgers or some very sad ones...

• USC Münster - VT Aurubis Hamburg 3:2 (18:25, 15:25, 25:20, 25:16, 15:13)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2117.pdf
    MVP: Ashley Benson / Anika Brinkmann
    Nirk and/or Matt can tell more about the match. Münster with 10 errors each in the first two sets gave Hamburg the chance to finally win a match, but once again they couldn't use it. Looks like Hamburg was good in serve and block, but in the last sets Münster's middles (good substitution by Silge it seems) were very effective. With these two points Münster keeps their theoretical chance for 6th place.

SC Potsdam - Schweriner SC 3:1 (25:22, 22:25, 25:12, 25:14)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2116.pdf
    MVP: Brittney Page / Tatyana Mudritskaya
    Apart from a reception meltdown in 2nd set (from 8:4 to 10:16) very good performance by Potsdam, especially in defense. They might be the team in Germany with the best record against Schwerin in the last 12 months :D Jessica Rivero seems fully recovered from her shoulder problems and both Canadians did very well too today. Schwerin's setters were a nightmare and Souza and Poll are not the kind of attacker who can score from bad sets all the time, only Mudritskaya did OK but she also had a period in 3rd set where she made a lot of mistakes.
    Potsdam is now the favorite for 6th place which means direct qualification for playoffs, Thüringen and Münster also have some chances still, Stuttgart is out of the race and has to play pre-playoffs for sure.

Ranking:
    1 VC Wiesbaden 19 47:23 41
    2 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 18 40:26 37
    3 Dresdner SC 17 42:24 35
    4 Ladies in black AACHEN 18 37:27 34
    5 Schweriner SC 17 37:28 30
    6 SC Potsdam 18 39:34 29
    7 VolleyStars Thüringen 19 38:41 26
    8 USC Münster 18 37:41 24
    9 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 18 29:41 22
    10 Köpenicker SC Berlin 18 25:46 15
    11 VT Aurubis Hamburg 18 14:54 4

Next Sunday, 13.00 CET, live on http://www.dvllive.tv: the big Cup final Vilsbiburg - Thüringen :super:

• USC Münster - VT Aurubis Hamburg 3:2 (18:25, 15:25, 25:20, 25:16, 15:13)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2117.pdf
    MVP: Ashley Benson / Anika Brinkmann
    Nirk and/or Matt can tell more about the match. Münster with 10 errors each in the first two sets gave Hamburg the chance to finally win a match, but once again they couldn't use it. Looks like Hamburg was good in serve and block, but in the last sets Münster's middles (good substitution by Silge it seems) were very effective. With these two points Münster keeps their theoretical chance for 6th place.

So near yet so far for the Hamburgers... There were a few tears afterwards but most of them were just in a kind of numb silence.

Hamburg really did seem like a different team, really not bad at all. Even in the third and fifth sets they didn't look like a wooden spoon team. Yes serving was good in my opinion, especially from Gogic. Münster did make mistakes, often once they'd put Hamburg under pressure (and therefore let them off the hook).

Matthias spotted some rather odd Libero stats and sure enough, they're wrong. Behrens played the whole match although the change to put her on in place of Sliwa was very late indeed.

I guess from a neutral perspective it was an enjoyable game, but Münster were probably disappointed to drop a point to Hamburg (and also with the ref, it seems, although only the fifth set was close) and Hamburg were gutted to choke again. So no-one was happy...