Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Same thing commentator just mentioned. Coaches have 2 challenges per set in 7 different categories and choose them over tablet. Regarding this match commentator was right every time about challenge purpose so he was right about Chinese challenge vs Iran. They asked video check to see did ball touched block or bounced out w/o touch :whistle:

• Same thing commentator just mentioned. Coaches have 2 challenges per set in 7 different categories and choose them over tablet. Regarding this match commentator was right every time about challenge purpose so he was right about Chinese challenge vs Iran. They asked video check to see did ball touched block or bounced out w/o touch :whistle:

As Mosy said he didn't ask that because he didn't have any reaction after losing the match. I my self thought he was challenging Mahmoudi's foot cross over the mid-line, because of his hands move when asking challenge. but It seems he had asked net touch. Although It is not very clear from the video but I think ball hit the block when I look to its returning path above the net. So I dont see any problem there.

• Why Japanese spectators are all women? :call:

Coz all men are working :D

I'm just saying that commentator was right every time what for challenge has been called. On Chinese challenge he said they are asking for block touch not foot or net fault. No hard feelings guys, I'm just curious what happened because that point might be cruical if China misses OG :drink:

• Coz all men are working :D

I'm just saying that commentator was right every time what for challenge has been called. On Chinese challenge he said they are asking for block touch not foot or net fault. No hard feelings guys, I'm just curious what happened because that point might be cruical if China misses OG :drink:

:rolll: dont in Japan women work as hard as men or even more?

• Japan is out now, but I have made some calculations that if Australia had one point less, we could have had in some bizarre circumstances 4 teams with 3 wins and 9 points at the final day and Japan would have been alive then.

• I could make a very naughty joke and ask why all spectators in Iran are men :whistle:

Just realized Canada, China and Australia have all the same amount of matches won/lost, of course with a different point ratio. Very interesting couple of days ahead.

• Math for the final two matches
    1. Poland 5 wins, 12 points, max 7 wins, 18 points, clinched ticket to Rio
    2. France 4 wins, 13 points, max 6 wins, 19 points
    3. Iran 4 wins, 10 points, max 6 wins, 16 points
    4. China 2 wins, 8 points, max 4 wins, 14 points
    5. Canada 2 wins, 7 points, max 4 wins, 13 points
    6. Australia 2 wins, 7 points, max 4 wins, 13 points
    7. Japan 1 win, 3 points, max 3 wins, 9 points
    8. Venezuela 0 wins, 0 points, max 2 wins, 6 points

Poland, nothing to play for at this point unless they want to win the tournament. The Iran match on Saturday could have the first team as it is a potential team to face in Rio
    France just needs one win from their two matches, should clinch over Venezuela on Saturday.
    Iran also just needs one win from their two matches, or losses (1 each) from China and Australia to clinch to Asian berth
    China plays Australia on Saturday and then Canada on Sunday. If China beats Australia on Saturday and Canada beats Japan on Saturday, then China and Canada will play for the final ticket to Rio.
    If China win over Australia on Saturday in a way, they would be in front of Canada going into the final match (10-11 points). If Canada lose to Japan on Saturday, they would need to go to five sets to stay alive for Sunday.
    If Australia beat China on Saturday and Canada lose to Japan, Australia would be at 3 wins (9-10 points). If China lose in 5, China would be at 9 points but only 2 wins, but have sets ratio tiebreaker over Australia (13-12 vs. 12-12). Australia would still have Poland on Sunday, who may not have their first team playing due to already being qualified. China would get the ticket if China beats Canada and Australia loses to Poland (even without going 5 sets on Saturday, 10 or 11 points, plus sets ratio)
    Japan is dead. Two sweeps will not get their sets ratio high enough to beat Canada, Australia or China at 9 points, Japan would beat China on wins, but not the others on sets ratio
    Venezuela is already on the plane back to Caracas. :lol:

• If China beats AUS, France and Iran will automatically qualify and we will have 6 friendly matches in the tournament. (for qualified teams)
    Antiga has decided to play last two matches with reserves, and I think it would be a good idea for Iran to do so if China wins, but actually I doubt they realize this issue. (that they are qualified in this conditions) :lol: :whistle:

let me explain why this happens: for some teams to take place of Iran and France if they lose both matches, those teams should have 4 wins, because China and CAN have a match against each other, they cant do so, then if one of CAN and AUS loses only 1 of its matches, Iran and France are guaranteed an Olympic berth regardless of their coming matches.