Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• Congrats Russia also Brazil....it was a good match indeed..Russia has improved her team-play considering this team consisting A-B teams' players.....it was nice to watch Brazilian Natalya's powerful spikes,Malyk's aesthetic spikes,Gabriella's smart spikes etc....it was very interesting that Russian middles took the responsibility at tie-break unlike the past where wing spikers like Gamova,Sokolova used to take..

i hope Tandara is ok if not get well soon!

• So my scenario comes true, if Russia wins 3:0 vs Switzerland it all comes down to the ball points ratio.

China has a better ball points ratio than Brazil (1.12 vs 1.08 if my calculation is correct), so the 2nd semi place will be decided between Brazil and Russia. I think Russia needs to beat Switzerland with about 20 points difference to move ahead of Brazil...

Yeah, you were right! 24 points difference to be precise is needed by Russia tomorrow. If it will be 23, they'll have exactly the same summ of points and I don't know what would happen

• And Russia would need 35 points difference to get ahead of China - that's too much I think, China will win the group.

• So my scenario comes true, if Russia wins 3:0 vs Switzerland it all comes down to the ball points ratio.

China has a better ball points ratio than Brazil (1.12 vs 1.08 if my calculation is correct), so the 2nd semi place will be decided between Brazil and Russia. I think Russia needs to beat Switzerland with about 20 points difference to move ahead of Brazil...

Rússia to pass must take only 44 points...other than that she will be behind Brazil.

Cause if she takes 3-0 she add lets say 75 points, in that case she ties with Brazil in 295 points made...Brazil suffered 273 points, and Russia so far 221. so to be with 272, she can take only 51 points.

if my count makes any sense..hehehehe

• .Brazil suffered 273 points, and Russia so far 228. so to be with 272, she can take only 44 points.

Russia suffered 221 so far, if Volleymasters site is right - 104 against China and 117 today

• Does Adenezia's theatrics add to Brazilian points? jk

• YES..I was editing the post..I saw I made a mistake..hehehehe thank dear...so they can have 51 pnts.

25-17, 25-17, 25-17 not impossible.

I think it will not be as easy as it seems. Russian girls looked exausted today. Especially Malykh. Anyway, interesting turn of things, who would have thought that RUS-SUI game will be a decisive one for Brazilians)

• Malykh ran out of gas in set no.4 (with her exhausted shoulder) but overall superb match for her.

-Wow at Malova's crazy defense and It's good that Zaryazhko was back to the game in set no.5 but her performance has been subpar so far in this tournament.

• I think it will not be as easy as it seems. Russian girls looked exausted today. Especially Malykh. Anyway, interesting turn of things, who would have thought that RUS-SUI game will be a decisive one for Brazilians)

Yeah, no, I dont think it will be an easy game for Russia...Switzerland made some good sets against China and Brazil....so to keep that intensity all the match demands energy from russian girls...and like you said, they looked quite tired today at the end of the game.....but its not impossible. ^^

Im quite surprise with today result to be honest...I didnt expect at first to Russia to put Brasil into so much trouble..but they did a very good match. Brazil didnt use much the MB..I think that was a mistake..

anyway...Congrats for the win my friend..quite deserve! ^^

• Does Adenezia's theatrics add to Brazilian points? jk

Pity that we don't have here a Cuban NT made of escapers, then Ramirez and Carcaces would have fought with Adenizia for that "points" :lol: :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• When was the last time RUS had a win against BRA? Too long to recall if im not mistaken. And what a feat for this young squad to have won what the seniors failed to accomplish beating their long-time rival

• Yeah, no, I dont think it will be an easy game for Russia...Switzerland made some good sets against China and Brazil....so to keep that intensity all the match demands energy from russian girls...and like you said, they looked quite tired today at the end of the game.....but its not impossible. ^^

Im quite surprise with today result to be honest...I didnt expect at first to Russia to put Brasil into so much trouble..but they did a very good match. Brazil didnt use much the MB..I think that was a mistake..

anyway...Congrats for the win my friend..quite deserve! ^^

Thank you dear Joana! :flower: You'll probably think that I'm greedy, but I feel a bit disappointed they haven't ended this game up in 3 sets))
    Tandara was the best attacker in Brazilian team and her injury effected the outcome. Such a pity for her, please, Joana, keep us here informed if any news will come.
    Regardless of the result in the 5th set I was thinking - this is exactly how RUS-BRA games should always be like - equal, exciting, unpredictable. Great show for us!

• Pity that we don't have here a Cuban NT made of escapers, then Ramirez and Carcaces would have fought with Adenizia for that "points" :lol: :D

Kind off-topic, but that's why I have high hopes for this year's Brazilian league. :cheesy:

• When was the last time RUS had a win against BRA? Too long to recall if im not mistaken. And what a feat for this young squad to have won what the seniors failed to accomplish beating their long-time rival

WCh 2010 final was the last time

• Thank you dear Joana! :flower: You'll probably think that I'm greedy, but I feel a bit disappointed they haven't ended this game up in 3 sets))
    Tandara was the best attacker in Brazilian team and her injury effected the outcome. Such a pity for her, please, Joana, keep us here informed if any news will come.
    Regardless of the result in the 5th set I was thinking - this is exactly how RUS-BRA games should always be like - equal, exciting, unpredictable. Great show for us!

Too exhausted to comment, so I second both of you :D

(side note: Bavykina! :cheesy: )

• WCh 2010 final was the last time

Indeed a huge feat! Somewhere in RUS Gamova and others are drinking vodka and celebrating this win lol

As a whole BRA programs need some major adjustments. Last week mens team were defeated by ITA twice infront of thousands Brazilians. Now womens are not as solid as last year's. Also mens today fought really hard to beat POL team B! Just my 2 cents