2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Friedrichshafen lost 2:3 to Aich/Dob after leading 2:0 and 24:21 in the third set :white:

With the current shape of Berlin, this years CL won't be a success story for german clubs.....

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=26676

• Friedrichshafen lost 2:3 to Aich/Dob after leading 2:0 and 24:21 in the third set :white:

With the current shape of Berlin, this years CL won't be a success story for german clubs.....

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=26676

It seems like this scenario is repeating for Friedrichshafen for the past 3-4 years. OK, not the 2-0 and 24-21 lead, but a disappointment after a disappointment over and over again. They just struggle in Europe. No wonder why Berlin got their confidence in the Bundesliga. If two days ago you asked me to guess which team could drop a match point and a two-set advantage at home against an underdog, I wouldn't hesitate. It's a burden they seem unable to recover from.

Piacenza the best team on the world

lost vs avarage belgium club

Hmm, perhaps it's the first time you hear about or watch Roeselare. They may not be the strongest European team, but are surely above average. Many, many good or even better teams have lost against them in the Champions League over the years. They seem to be a candidate for another playoff participation. But you are right, Piacenza is underperforming this season. Some of the reasons were presented by Piacenza Supporter already. I would say they mostly invest in experienced players lately, that seems to be a problem now. Money aside, Papi is close to his retirement, Ostapenko hasn't been the same after the injuries. I totally agree about Mario and Le Roux.

• Pity on this forum there are less volleyball men fans than women, not many conversations about matches. Yesterday was Belgorie and Fenerbahce match, Milijkovic is another old guy who should agree with his age that he can't play on high level like in past. Belgorie even without Grozer with Georgian attacker is still dangerous, top teams gave free days for key players yestrday. Jastrzębie yesterday smashed Bulgarian club, Łasko like Grozer had free days. I hope I will see Łasko with Kaliberda in main squad for match with Nowosybirsk.

Yeah, I wish I could change that. I expected 2-3 pages with new posts after I came back here, but alas. People normally reappear for latter stages.

• Zlatanov is one of the best volleyball players and is still killing it. Weak in a parallel universe may be. Papi's age has gotten to him, true, but I don't think both of them are really weak unless you are refering to a powerlifting competition.

I meant they are too weak keep high form for several seasons and will be destroyed by younger OHs even without famous surname like Belgian dudes did it. Not only Italian club have this problem, I'm worrying also about Gierczyński from Jastrzębie. He played amazing season especially in Final Four but I don't believe he will do this again and he is 3 years younger than Papi. I think they didn't retire because they didn't want to be without any job, Grbic caught it, they just couldn't.

• We have many problems with the main sponsor, who didn't pay a single euro, so players are very very nervous.
    Moreover, our coach is a clown, he is not able to deal with a team with a glorious past and trophies won like Copra.

A part from that, Knack Roeselare from Belgium is a good team.

We still have chances, but none said we are the best team in the world. Not this year at least

I agree about everything. Radici's attitude is bringing many haters to your club. People around volleyball halls don't like him. Even his supporters have this feeling now... :whistle:

Anyway Roeselare is one of my favourite team in Europe: no stars, but all the players are good ones, doing their job. Gertjan Claes and Hendrik Tuerlinckx are my favorite players here.

• Raven, Turelinx wasn't even in NT squad of Belgium. They all maybe wouldn't play like that with another setter.

Match Budva - Berlin... What a poor quality of transmission. :lol: Is it transmitted by calculator?

• Match Budva - Berlin... What a poor quality of transmission. :lol: Is it transmitted by calculator?

Quality is crap, stream and on the court, at least when it comes to Berlin. :whistle:

• Quality is crap, stream and on the court, at least when it comes to Berlin. :whistle:

Don't worry. They're still in game, despite previous set they are still fighting,
    Heh Resovia knows what Budva is from last season. It was embarassing losing 0-3 in Budva. That's why we bought quickly Falaschi to Poland. :lol: They lost brain but they bought unpredictable Cubans. They can play terribly especially Cala on receiving many junior errors but they can play in another day like today we see.
    Can't wait to watch Resovia in Budva. These team has no balls and will never convince me. But I don't care. Their problem. I'm cheering for another team. :tzz:

• Don't worry. They're still in game, despite previous set they are still fighting,

32:30 now for Budva in second. They already led 24:21 and let Berlin come back, but all for nothing. The problem for Berlin is, that there is hardly anyone from the bench who could give this match a turn.....

• 32:30 now for Budva in second. They already led 24:21 and let Berlin come back, but all for nothing. The problem for Berlin is, that there is hardly anyone from the bench who could give this match a turn.....

Ha Cala started making junior errors with ambitious smile on receiving. It's a hope for Berlin I think.

• OK, Budva decided to give this match a turn by themselves 8)
    Third set to Berlin, a lot of errors by Budva but block/defense is working better now for berlin as well. Highest time :teach:

• Here we go, fifth set :super:
    Dünnes for Carroll in front row was a good sub by Lebedew.

• Set and match for Budva, 15-12. 3 consecutive errors in the end by Berlin. :rolleyes:

I am not sure, if they already played a single overall convincing match this season. They should be happy anyway, that they still grabbed a pont tonight.

• Set and match for Budva, 15-12. 3 consecutive errors in the end by Berlin. :rolleyes:

I am not sure, if they already played a single overall convincing match this season. They should be happy anyway, that they still grabbed a pont tonight.

I don't think they did. They have been underperforming in most of their matches so far this season. Budva are known for these games, their win is not a surprise and might've been even more convincing. At the end Touzinsky also failed in attack, Krystof as a regular receiver instead of Kromm, I couldn't watch the whole match and don't know yet if De Marchi even tried tonight. They have had solid MBs, setters are OK, but there is a huge problem with OHs and I have no idea why. At least Kromm, one of the leaders of the team, should be fresh. I am sure they wouldn't have a win or 4 points had they faced another opponent in the first match. It might be the weakest Bled in years, or ever.

I agree with Tim, the Bundesliga teams are far from impressive at the start of the season. And Berlin wouldn't deserve a F4 spot as an organizer with such a display. Right now I would give it to Resovia, no matter how much I want to travel to Berlin in March/April.

Paris Volley started the game against Treia exactly the way I thought they would. A reception inaccuracy and a mistake cost them the first set. From then on Treia gained on confidence and it is going, unfortunately, to a fast 3-0. I am saying unfortunately because this French team is good and they deserve more than two 0-3 defeats. They would do greatly in any of the other 6 pools.

• I am glad that Tomis continues to play well in the Champions League, Stoev is better coach now than in 2006--2008 probably. Romania is getting further and further away from Bulgaria, while we endorse corruption and stealing with our patience in Bulgaria.

• Bełchatów is willing organise Final Four. In this case Resovia has 0% chances.
    It's also about conditions of both halls. Rzeszów has smaller hall for 4500-5000 people when Bełchatów will not organize in Bełchatów with similar size of hall but like in 2012 in Łódź near Bełchatów in Atlas Arena for 12.000 people. Rzeszów could propose also better hall which is so close i mean in Kraków for 15.000 people with all city attractions it would be amazing but their pride is too big.

• I am glad that Tomis continues to play well in the Champions League, Stoev is better coach now than in 2006--2008 probably. Romania is getting further and further away from Bulgaria, while we endorse corruption and stealing with our patience in Bulgaria.

So it's now clear Tomis will fight with Roselare for 1st place in group. Third Piacenza, Fourth Lugano.