Italy - Serie A1 2014/15

• Was there a MVP chosen for the entire tournament?

• i think we 'd better define italian league fun to watch rather than calling it best ..i enjoyed the finals . they know what / how to present volleyball for fans to enjoy it :win:

It's safe to say it is the best. :win:
    I know nothing about the Far East though.

Chirichella is not that great as a lot of people think and I still don't know why she is in the NT when we have A LOT of MBs better than her.

No no no, right now she is. stats despite having some ups and downs. She needs more good coaching and some time to improve her anticipation, then she will be phenomenal.

I hope next year the championship will be even more exciting, it was a great one.

Lower your expectations ...

• Canter. Personally I think that the overall level of serieA1 is still the best one in Europe. The Turkish league has 3 top teams too much stronger compared to the others: the only good team in addition to them is Galatasaray (which is not that good). The italian league has 6,7 very good teams and even the weak Italian teams are very much better than the Turkish weak ones. Therefore, even if we all know that Turkish top teams are better than the italian ones, the overall level of Serie A1 is still stronger.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• Canter. Personally I think that the overall level of serieA1 is still the best one in Europe. The Turkish league has 3 top teams too much stronger compared to the others: the only good team in addition to them is Galatasaray (which is not that good). The italian league has 6,7 very good teams and even the weak Italian teams are very much better than the Turkish weak ones. Therefore, even if we all know that Turkish top teams are better than italian ones, the overall level of Serie A1 is still stronger.

I agree.

• Canter. Personally I think that the overall level of serieA1 is still the best one in Europe. The Turkish league has 3 top teams too much stronger compared to the others: the only good team in addition to them is Galatasaray (which is not that good). The italian league has 6,7 very good teams and even the weak Italian teams are very much better than the Turkish weak ones. Therefore, even if we all know that Turkish top teams are better than italian ones, the overall level of Serie A1 is still stronger.

the problem is that we judge the midd-level teams of turkey comparing to top three from turkey and this could be misleading,hence those teams are underestimated at least they can get a Euro cup, they are not as bad as you thought :D most probably those there teams from turkey could be in top three anywhere/anyleague in Europe...i can depict italian leage as consisting of 5-6 teams of Galatsasaray's level from turkey...other good poinst : fans..many fans attending the halls in italy...in turkey just in good matches and in the finals there was a good crowd..other than that,italy has a good volleyball tradition,that is really important and shows itsel in competition ..as i said i enjoyed it. was fun to watch..these are good enough for italian league...

• the problem is that we judge the midd-level teams of turkey comparing to top three from turkey and this could be misleading,hence those teams are underestimated at least they can get a Euro cup, they are not as bad as you thought :D most probably those there teams from turkey could be in top three anywhere/anyleague in Europe...i can depict italian leage as consisting of 5-6 teams of Galatsasaray's level from turkey...other good poinst : fans..many fans attending the halls in italy...in turkey just in good matches and in the finals there was a good crowd..other than that,italy has a good volleyball tradition,that is really important and shows itsel in competition ..as i said i enjoyed it. was fun to watch..these are good enough for italian league...

I don't think Italian top teams are on the level of Galatasaray this season.. Galatasaray was embarrassing this season.. For example Novara both Hill and Klineman are better than C.Bosetti and Meijners respectively, Guiggi and Chiricella are better than Melis and Asli, Barun had a great season while Centoni was just bad (although she is a good player), Gamze may be better than Signorille, although she had a bad season too.. and Sansonna is just a level above Nihan.. So I don't think that Italian teams are on the level of Galatasaray.. Just let's say Italy has a lot of great local players and those are the main difference which make games a lot more fun than in Turkey.. Of course there is no word for Vakif, Fener and Ecz

• the problem is that we judge the midd-level teams of turkey comparing to top three from turkey and this could be misleading,hence those teams are underestimated at least they can get a Euro cup, they are not as bad as you thought :D

Perhaps you're right because you saw more Turkish games than me, but if I control the roster of Nilüfer Bld (5th place this year), I presume that this team in Italy would struggle in order to avoid relegation to Serie A2. By the way maybe it's a mistake and I am understimating this roster :thumbup:
    On the contrary, Busto Arsizio (italian 5th place) reached CL final.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• I don't think Italian top teams are on the level of Galatasaray this season.. Galatasaray was embarrassing this season.. For example Novara both Hill and Klineman are better than C.Bosetti and Meijners respectively, Guiggi and Chiricella are better than Melis and Asli, Barun had a great season while Centoni was just bad (although she is a good player), Gamze may be better than Signorille, although she had a bad season too.. and Sansonna is just a level above Nihan.. So I don't think that Italian teams are on the level of Galatasaray.. Just let's say Italy has a lot of great local players and those are the main difference which make games a lot more fun than in Turkey.. Of course there is no word for Vakif, Fener and Ecz

.GsD played some good matches and the level was not bad..btw...i partly agree with you on local players mainly the liberos and the middles come to mind as the locals..but as OH's??

• the problem is that we judge the midd-level teams of turkey comparing to top three from turkey and this could be misleading,hence those teams are underestimated at least they can get a Euro cup, they are not as bad as you thought :D most probably those there teams from turkey could be in top three anywhere/anyleague in Europe...i can depict italian leage as consisting of 5-6 teams of Galatsasaray's level from turkey...other good poinst : fans..many fans attending the halls in italy...in turkey just in good matches and in the finals there was a good crowd..other than that,italy has a good volleyball tradition,that is really important and shows itsel in competition ..as i said i enjoyed it. was fun to watch..these are good enough for italian league...

Overall level?

Foreigners: Kyla Richey and Rita Liliom are legitimate starters in Turkey. Ivana Milos could be mistaken for a dominant middle in her current team. I've seen them play in Italy. Case closed.

Domestic players: I'm not going to start an argument over whether the pool of Italian female volleyball players is better than the Turkish. I just say it is. By far.

• Perhaps you're right because you saw more Turkish games than me, but if I control the roster of Nilüfer Bld (5th place this year), I presume that this team in Italy would struggle in order to avoid relegation to Serie A2. By the way maybe it's a mistake and I am understimating this roster :thumbup:
    On the contrary, Busto Arsizio (italian 5th place) reached Cl final.

their setter was injuried..their foreigners are as good as in some italian teams and if they were competing in the italian league,ii believe they could be adapted there WHo knows!...

• .GsD played some good matches and the level was not bad..btw...i partly agree with you on local players mainly the liberos and the middles come to mind as the locals..but as OH's??

Well Neriman, Gozde and Esra are top class OHs, Turkey also has Meliha, Guldeniz, Birgul etc which are not that great.. Italy on the other hand has L.Bosetti, Del Core, Picci, Costagrande, C. Bosetti, Tirozzi, Genarri... and not all of those are great but overall better than Turkey's other Ohs

• i would define the italian leagues that were dominating both in Euro cups an in local league in the past really the best , i wouldny say the same for today's italian league..

on local players...i agree italia and also Russia have more good local players but i think the local players from turkey are also about to get closer to italy in the near future..the young players' levels are close today and when thosee players gain more experience this will mean more good local players..

• i would define the italian leagues that were dominating both in Euro cups an in local league in the past really the best , i wouldny say the same for today's italian league..

on local players...i agree italia and also Russia have more good local players but i think the local players from turkey are also about to get closer to italy in the near future..the young players' levels are close today and when thosee players gain more experience this will mean more good local players..

I agree.. Turkey is very smart developing their young players.. look at their success at the junior and youth level.. they will have even stronger league in the future.. But I also think players should go and play as starters in weaker teams unlike Guldeniz and Polen who had been subs for so long

There was a time when Italian teams had the financial power to retain their star players. Lately, we have a continuous turnover of top teams, they may win the "scudetto" and then play the next Champions League with a whole different roster...
    I'm afraid that this will happen to Casalmaggiore too.

I hope that the young players get better and better, not only in Italy and Turkey but worldwide. This kind of competition is essential for the growth of the sport.

• Well Neriman, Gozde and Esra are top class OHs, Turkey also has Meliha, Guldeniz, Birgul etc which are not that great.. Italy on the other hand has L.Bosetti, Del Core, Picci, Costagrande, C. Bosetti, Tirozzi, Genarri... and not all of those are great but overall better than Turkey's other Ohs

there are some unknown/less known players too : Gözde Yılmaz,Melis Durul,Ezgi Dağdelenler,Damla Çakıroğlu,Selima İlyasoğlu,Şeyma Ercan...C.bosetti and Genneari are not better than these players .

• there are some unknown/less known players too : Gözde Yılmaz,Melis Durul,Ezgi Dağdelenler,Damla Çakıroğlu,Selima İlyasoğlu,Şeyma Ercan...C.bosetti and Genneari are not better than these players .

I didn't mention Yilmaz because I counted her as OPP.. I see nothing spectacular in Seyma Ercan and yes Cate Bosetti hasn't been good this last two seasons but she is better than those you mentioned.. Gennari is too..

• I didn't mention Yilmaz because I counted her as OPP.. I see nothing spectacular in Seyma Ercan and yes Cate Bosetti hasn't been good this last two seasons but she is better than those you mentioned.. Gennari is too..

Gözde' reception looked not bad....i watched C.Bosetti and i didnt see anything special in her offensive game...Melis Durul would be more efficcient in attacking instead maybe but Bosetti is a good defender..Gennari seems to be good at receiving,i couldnt have a clear opinion about her attack bcz Skorupa prepared reall good positions for her to attack