2015 FIVB World League

• Well, after the semis yesterday you might say that neither Belgium nor Argentina made good advertisement for an expanditure of World League Division One. We probably see this happen anyway but thats another story.

The stats sheet for team Belgium really reads like a book of horror for them. 16 excellents of 72 in reception, 28 direct points for Bulgaria on serve and block, endless mistakes on spike and serve.....

http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/vo…015-2/WL2015-2_p3-073.pdf

• Bulgarian serving also made huge influence on that, it is not entirely Belgium's fault. Just like France and Argentina, Argentina didn't show their best game and France showed their best.

Bulgaria -Belgium match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUJzouASF7g

• So far I don't notice any difference between this team and the last part of the Weber era. It's always the same shit, and that is because the players are just not good enough/are overrated. De Cecco and Uriarte never do shit for the NT (both are overrated obviously, Demian Gonzalez should play instead), Conte doesn't have attacking leader quality, he can only perform when he has another strong player by his side that can divide the opponent block's attention like in Skra with Wlazly, Gonzalez & Filardi wouldn't make the squad of any other top 12 nation, Closter is just very Green yet, Gauna can only attack, doesn't know what is to block... Poor Seba Sole, he's the only real quality of this team but has to play with these shitty players by the side.

The future looks very dark, hope we can see new players emerging in the youth world championships. Regardless, next year olympics are already a lost cause, they'll just go do tourism in Rio.

Weren't you the same person who said how optimistic you were just a month ago when Velasco's Argentina beat Bulgaria 3-0 in South America? ;) I think it's a bit harsh to judge them based on a single weak game. Also, maybe you praised them based on a single great game as well. I share your concerns about Argentina's quality. To me, this team is less impressive than the one Javier Weber used to build with similar players. And as far as I remember, Weber was very criticized here in the forum. When I watch the Argentinians this year, I see a team with relatively short players, mostly short attackers, who struggle to find a decent game rhythm most of the time. They have always been dependent on technique rather than height and power, but this specific squad now lacks some value. Velasco might in fact need more time with this selection, but I doubt the results will be astonishing. And maybe he shouldn't focus that much on players from the domestic league yet because they surely have less to offer than, for instance, Gonzalo Quiroga.

Bulgaria is consistently among the top 8 teams on all major competitions since beginning of volleyball with very few exceptions. We had 4 consecutive fourth places in 2012-2013 and had one very bad year in 2014. We ARE a very powerful team and we did hurt a lot of champions /for example we beat Poland in 2012 OG, 2013 WL and ECH and they got the gold in 2014, 2011 only we beat Russia in the World League, etc./

Why was the history lesson necessary? The user clearly meant the weak 2014 season we had :) Last year we were certainly everything else but powerful.

• Weren't you the same person who said how optimistic you were just a month ago when Velasco's Argentina beat Bulgaria 3-0 in South America? ;)

Yes, because that was the first game we played with a serious team (in matches before we were playing with a full B team and yet we had very decent results like winning in Canada vs Schmitt), yet still lacking Conte/Quiroga. So I thought "well, if we can play this well now, then with Facu this team will shine"... but nooo as soon as he started to play the team became shit :aww: I agree that Velasco relies too much in argentine league players, I guess he has been too impressed by UPCN? Filardi certainly can't play in modern international volleyball with that age and height... regardless, what worries me the most is the opposite position, Gonzalez is too unreliable and crappy overall... if only we had an opposite of at least the level of Rouzier (to give an example) we would be doing much better, believe me.

• Conte feels so confused in NT, I can't recognize him, He's also playing with Uriarte as he needs. What else he needs to be as efficient as in club?

As I said before, Facu doesn't have leader qualities. In Skra he plays with other experienced and high level players, so he can "rely" on them and as a consecuence his level rises too. In Argentina he is almost alone.

• France are obviously better but Bulgaria are playing like a bunch of school girls. No way they belong to group 1. And who lied Konstantinov he could be a coach :wall:

• Salparov and Zhekov are very weak.

• Now when Salparov got subbed out the organization in reception got slightly better.

• Rouzier keeping Bulgaria in the set all by himself

• Good job France. If they serve that good they can hurt USA and Brasil really bad

• Plamen Konstantinov should go, and some sadist should become the new coach and make them train 8 hours a day with a ball /they will have fitness too/. It is not acceptable for a team with top players to display consistently amateur level of play in important matches. It is 2 years now, of the same thing.