2015 European Games - Baku / Azerbaijan - 6/13

• An internal promise inside the team to shave their heads if they reach the semifinals. I am 99.99% sure it came from the Bratoev brothers, usually they come up with these stupid ideas. Luckily, there are people with a brain who refused to join the shave-my-head party.

This bar is set too low. They should shave their heads if they reach the finals, not semifinals. :)

• June 28, 2015
    Baku 2015 European Games - 1st European Games
    Men's Volleyball - Final Round

* AZST (Azerbaijan Summer Time) UTC/GMT +5 hours

Volleyball
    10:30 Men's Bronze Medal Match - Poland (POL) vs Russian Federation (RUS)
    13:00 Men's Gold Medal Match - Bulgaria (BUL) vs Germany (GER)

DAY 16 LIVE Volleyball | Baku 2015 European Games
    Baku 2015 European Games
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdZNjv9zZw

Note:
    * Link for the next match changes simultaneously, so recheck the link at https://www.youtube.com/user/baku2015

• Konarski is under junior level. I don't understand what is he doing even as a bench player in good club. Romac should have played from the begining of match. Martee was right how terrible he is, almost every attacker from our league is better than him, including Bołądź (why is he not called?) or Muzaj. :white:

• Congratulation for Russia. Our team again without attacker couldn't win this match. So difficult time have junior and senior team right are now without attacker at normal level and players at other positions are suffering a lot in such situation. Kurek injury, Bociek cancer, Jarosz, Konarski under junior level, Romac can't get chance from coach as being first, has powerful attack, good left hand but too short. Kurek with Bociek must come back, so so needed.

• Russia took the bronce medal, congratulations. Looking a t the score sheet it seems it has been over large parts a quite embattled match. Therefore, the final match will start delayed.....

Anyway what does the winners get beside the satisfaction of being first? Points dor the FIVB ranking or what?

The teams can only get points for the CEV ranking, which matters for the olympic qualification tournament. The amount of points is the same as for World League but you can only bring in one tournament, either World League or EG.

The german team lately has a tendency to play well when it matters most. This and the fact that they simply should be the better team overall, makes me optimistic for today. Bulgaria will need a sublime day on serve. On the last matches, Germany played with Kaliberda and Tille in reception almost alone. Lets see if this can work against, theoretically, a good serving team like Bulgaria..... :super:

• It is all about Germany in set 1. I think they are not even sweting

• We sent spikers who are good in spiking, but in reception in defense we need Penchev or Skrimov. Also, the MB's of Germany are pretty tall and Todorov could do something more. The opposites are very young also.

• We sent spikers who are good in spiking, but in reception in defense we need Penchev or Skrimov. Also, the MB's of Germany are pretty tall and Todorov could do something more. The opposites are very young also.

I was thinking the same. They should have sent Niki Penchev in Baku

• Wow, that was easy so far 8o

Block/defense again is working very well for Germany, Bulgaria looks a bit heavy footed and has to improve serve/reception if they still want to stand a chance.

• Lo that oldtimer was checking out the polish girl :thumbsup:

• At least some suspense

• Germany stepped off the gas, hopefully Bulgaria can take the game to a tie break. Then who knows

• OK, we have a match now. Better serving from Bulgaria and Kampas sets a bit too predictable....

• So far, Aleksiev had been kill-blocked each time he got a set on Pos. 2, good scouting 8)

• Congratulations to Germany! They prepared for this tournament, played professionally in every match and got what deserved. Bulgaria had the invidiual players to beat them, but not the level of preparedness. The task of the coach is not only to select good tactics, but also to prepare the players to produce consistent and quality performance in every match and so far we are failing this task on both fronts. I am not optimistc about our chances to go to the Olympics with this level of amateurism. I miss the days of Prandi and Stoychev.

Btw, who is your list of best players for the tournament? I think both Nikolov and Gotsev should be the MB's, but apart from that most of the others could be from Germany or Poland.