Turkish League 2016/2017

• I just watched the replay of GS-FB match and I don't see any kind of domination from both sides. This match indeed shows that all of the top 6-7 teams have very similar levels except Vakifbank in Turkish league. The matches between these teams are determined by very small nuances.

Talking of GS, I don't think they are playing worse than last year. They actually made very smart transfers to two problematic positions, replacing Cursty Jackson with a much better option, Sinead Jack and bringing an alternative to OH position, Seda. The problem with GS is they lack concentration, both Eczacibasi and FB matches are lost due to that. Besides, as someone else mentioned, Gamze's connection with Jack is not there yet. Still, Jack is playing very efficient. This team was a defensive team last season, relying on middles and Centoni in attacking and this year they are trying something new and attacking more from OHs. They were also serving really good last season and now they are far from that. What I'm sure is, playoffs will be very interesting to watch because once players get used to each other and they start playing as a team, the quality will raise. Right now, the only thing I would react for GS is, Ruseva should be benched and Asli should be playing. Ruseva sure has a better height but the team makes much better defence with Asli blocking, Gamze sets better to Asli. Moreover Asli attacks much smarter than Ruseva and her serve rotations are really valuable.

Fenerbahce did a great job, coming back at the last set. KYK's return makes things a lot easier for them. Natalia was really bad but she played much better once Ezgi was setting. They still have a lot of weak points unfortunately. None of the spikers and even MBs are able attack properly with Tomkom's tempo. She is far too fast and often the ball is just tipped. This might improve until the playoffs of course. I liked that Abbondanza uses two libero system. I'm sure Fenerbahce can play better than this when Natalia is having a better day.

Eczacibasi is a joke. I'm sick of people blaiming their trainers. First Micelli was horrible, than Caprara was bad and now Barbolini??? Noone really complains about their transfer policy and Nalan Ural. After all these magnificent investments, having such a terrible season in Turkish league is not acceptable and she is the one to blame. What a waste of money and talent! Why is Gözde Yilmaz staying in Eczacibasi while they have 4-5 more players with similar profile??? Couldnt they really find a local OH such as Fatma yildirim who can receive fine? Why do they keep Nilay when she is not doing any better than young talents? It would be much better if they had Arelya or whoever they see as having potential and let her learn from Ognjenovic instead of keeping same old Nilay. What will happen if they are out of F4 this year and can't play champions league next season??? With this mentality, they will never become a better club than Vakifbank if we look from the return on investment perspective.

It's very early to talk about teams unfortunately. Eczacibasi couldnt find their starting 6 yet and I don't think they will ever find. Same with Galatasaray; Ataman should start adapting Asli as starting 6 player again and make sure to remind Leys & Ruseva to be ready to come in the game when needed and make the change expected from them. I expect a better performance from Seramiksan from now on, looks like they were underperforming because of their coach. I think Nilufer's performance is just temporary and they will keep losing in the second half of the season. Idmanocagi is settling slowly since their foreigners started playing late, surely they will improve during the next matches. I hope they will be able to transfer a local OH during the break, the best option would be Gözde Yilmaz. Besiktas is getting better and better. It might sounds controversial but I expect Bursa BB to lose quite more matches in the second half of the season. So far, they are the most settled team of the division, playing like they played together for many years. I don't think they can perform any better than this and they have two terrible liberos who can't receive. I bet more and more teams will abuse these weaknesses...

Sariyer is a huge dissapointment. Not only Eva, but also Esra is playing bad. I assume that their main problem is setters. Lets hope Arelya shows her quality in the next matches.

• I really like KYK and I think she is world's best OH still. I also like her personality but this video made me really surprised. I have never seen her doing this before. I hope this will be last time we see her doing it... :down:
    You can watch it at 1:02:30 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhf0_NXNbc

• FB won 3-1...
    actually Seramiksan made a come back but made some crucial mistakes and lost the fourt set and match..i just was able to watch the last part of third set and whole fourth set...
    i liked Seramiksan's backup setter Çalışkan...
    I liked Meryem Boz's performance.. i like her as opp

• the Results of Tenth Week :

Çanakkale B. - Galatasaray : 0-3 stats
    very weak game by Çanakkale except for the third set.Çanakkale's receivers seemed weak to me.They are tall and receiving badly .Very good game by Sinead Jack

Halkbank - Vakıfbank : 0-3 stats
    good game by Tutku Yüzgenç..Zhu keeps rocking in the recent matches

Idman Ocağı - Nilüfer B. : 3-2 stats
    Idman won the match coming 2-0 behind.Very good game by OH Birgül Güler (29 pts % 60) and Sanchez 19 pts (%74).Many passing errors by Nilüfer team

Beşiktaş - Bursa BB. : 3-0 8| stats
    Beşiktaş keeps winning.im surprised Bursa lost 3-0.This shows they are not that better than the other teams. Tuğba Şenoğlu keeps playing stably well..if she manages to play that way then she can find herself in a better team after the season ends.Good point her reception seems good.Da Silva's scorer game not enough to stop Beşiktaş from winning

Fenerbahçe - Seramiksan : 3-1 stats
    good game by Eda 17 pts (% 67 and 8 blocks) Natalia 20 pts and Kim 19 pts..Meryem's 27 pts were not enough to win.Nizeticsh should play much better.i dont remember a good game by her so far

Eczacıbaşı - Sarıyer B. : 3-0 stats
    Eva made 8 passing errors.whole the team had 13 despite 6 of Ecz

Standings :

1. Vakıfbank 31,08 points (10-0)
    2.Eczacıbaşı 24,87 (7-3)
    3.Fenerbahçe 23,36 (7-3)
    4.Bursa BB 22,08 (7-3)
    5.Galatasaray 20,02 (6-4)
    6.Çanakkale B. 17,87 (6-4)
    7.Beşiktaş 17,72 (6-4)
    8.Halkbank 12,05 (4-6)
    9.Nilüfer B. 7,71 (1-9)
    10.Seramiksan 6,87 (2-8 )
    11.Sarıyer B. 6,30 (2-8 )
    12.Idman Ocağı 5,45 (2-8 )

• the Schedule of Eleventh Week :

Beşiktaş - Eczacıbaşı ( NTV SPOR Live ) at CET 17:00.. 20.12.2016
    Galatasaray - Halkbank
    Bursa BB. - Vakıfbank ( NTV Spor Live) at CET 12:00 ...21.12.2016
    Seramiksan - Çanakkale B.
    Sarıyer B. - Idman Ocağı
    Nilüfer B. - Fenerbahçe (NTV Spor Live) at CET 15:00 ...21.12.2016

• Thank you Canter for the summaries of scores, this week indeed had some very interesting results.

Galatasaray played a very dominant game in a crucial match to stay in top 4. Having Asli on court instead of Ruseva and using only 2 foreigners in starting 6 changed GS's game a lot. After all these weeks, they finally became like last year, a very dangerous team from the serve line. This was the key to the entire match. Asli served the most number of serves, this makes a big change compared to Ruseva who has a weaker serve or she simply makes an error. The third set got close in the very end because Ataman tried a weird double substitution replacing Centoni with Leys, Gamze with Nursevil which worked out terrible. Besides, GS reduced pressure from the serve line a lot during the 3rd set and they allowed Canakkale to play their game. This is a good sign that whenever GS keeps pushing from the serve line, they will be able to dominate the match. It's too bad they couldnt find a 3rd foreigner who could directly get a spot on the starting 6. Both Leys and Ruseva will be good subs this year. On the other hand, Canakkale could not get in the game, simply because they couldnt receive at all. They have a solid OH duo and I think they will do much better than this. They could invest on a more productive OPP though.

Vakifbank - Halkbank result was predictable. Zhu is still unstoppable :super: I realised that she has a weird attacking approach, she doesn't jump super high or she is not very explosive but she has an incredible reach, she is tall and her arm is always very extended. I'm impressed by the power she generates by only using her shoulder. I hope she will never injure it because that's where she relies on every time she hits. That also makes her timing very unpredictable.

Besiktas is the team of the week for me. Winning against Bursa BB with 3-0 is just wow. It's very simple for them, whenever the Belgians deliver, they will keep winning. This is probably the first match where Rousseux did actually play well so far. Tugba Senoglu is really worth to invest for bigger teams. They definitely need a solid MB and I know they signed with Azerbaijani MB, not sure when she will start playing, but this will be a great contribution to them. Bursa BB made a miracle start to the season but like I mentioned earlier, they are the only team that stopped developing while rest of the teams are settling and getting better and better. It would be really fun if they could convince Gizem Karadayi to play for them during the second half of the season. Their both liberos are terrible and if they can't replace them, more teams will abuse this weakness during the second half.

Idmanocagi - Nilufer: I was expecting 3-0 from Idmanocagi. I don't like Resat Arig and it is strange he preferred Kegan instead of Matienko for 2 sets which costed them 2 set lost. They need better subs for their squad and a more solid OH than Ece Hocaoglu. With a good transfer to there, they will sure become a much better team. I'm very impressed by the responsibility Birgul is taking there, 29 points from a defensive OH! Let's hope they find a good partner to her in the second half since they said they will make transfers. Nilufer is still the weakest team for me, it is hard to understand how could they build a team like this. Since they kicked Crncevic, they are cursed. Noone from their squad worked fine as a OH yet and I know they tried like 4-5 alternatives. They need a transfer there.

Fenerbahce is full of surprises this year. I'm glad KYK is not really injured. They rely on KYK-Natalia duo this season. Looks like Abbondanza will use Grothues with only double substitutions. It is strange that they play better with local setter than Tomkom. He doesn't seem happy with none of the Diclenur-Ergul duo. Polen had a lot of up and downs during the first half and Abbondanza doesn't seem to like her performance either. They have quite many weaknesses this year including it is predictable where they will attack from, both their setters are short and only Polen&Eda have dangerous serves. I like that he decided to use two libero system which turned out to be very efficient. Unfortunately, I expect them to have really serious troubles against good server teams when they target their OHs. Does anyone know why KYK is serving simple jump floats this season?
    Seramiksan is getting better and better and I am happy that they are finally fighting. I really like their new coach, lets hope he forces them two make at least one good transfer. It would be perfect if they had a setter who had Cansu Aydinogullari's brain and Sila Caliskan's skills. Their local MBs are disastrous. Desislava is a better OH than both Nizetich & Selime, so I'm not sure why she is sitting at the bench always? They certainly need one more player who can contribute as a starting 6 player, very likely to OH position or a setter.

Eczacibasi-Sariyer: This was actually the starting six I expected Eczaci to have in the local league. Strange that Gözde Yilmaz was not in the squad, hopefully she will try her chance in another team soon, Sariyer and Idmanocagi could be good options for her and the teams. Eczacibasi is desperate for a solid local setter. Nilay is ok, but you need someone to challenge her, someone better than a teenager. Yet another big problem noone wants to admit is, Neslihan. She is not an OH, now everyone has to deal with this. She is no longer a dominant OPP either, especially when you have world's two best attackers in your squad: Boskovic and Kosheleva. Eczaci should finally say goodbye to Neslihan and invest in someone else. This will be good for Neslihan too, to move on in a new team and play continuously, without being challenged. She is no longer 25 :wavy:
    Sariyer is the biggest disappointment of this season. Looks like Yaneva was not as solid as we expected and Esra is only a good sub but nothing more. The question is why the hell you make Fawcett sit at the bench when you lack a powerful hitter?

Now we are quite close to the break and I hope to see a few new transfers, mostly from Idmanocagi, Nilufer, Sariyer and Seramiksan.
    Looking at the schedules of the next weeks matches, GS might finish 4th the first half since I don't expect Bursa BB to win against Vakifbank. Lets see if Halkbank or Salas can challenge GS. Otherwise things look like last seasons. However playoffs will surely be full of surprises this year!

• Actually it was an easy match for Eczacıbaşı thanks to good serves and Bjk's passing errors..Kosheleva and Hecke were the best players of their teams
    i liked Tuğba Şenoğlu's passing and jump serves..her serves are not the strongest one but still good.i didnt know she is just 18-yo..Tuğba and Van Hecke's jump serves were only good ones for BJK ..the others should serve better.setter Çağla set either Van Hecke or zone 4...the quality of her sets were good ...libero Bihter with this reception cant be a good libero despite her good digs..
    Helena is there in the team to offensively help the team and she should remember this and play better

• LOL!!! I just learn Gozde ( VakıfBank ) has a twin sister and she's also a volleyball player. Yesterday, while I was watching the match Vakif vs Bursa, I though at first Gozde was transferred to Bursa. But when I saw Gazde was still playing with Vakif, I was wondering if I was hallucinating because of fatigue. ha ha ha

• LOL!!! I just learn Gozde ( VakıfBank ) has a twin sister and she's also a volleyball player. Yesterday, while I was watching the match Vakif vs Bursa, I though at first Gozde was transferred to Bursa. But when I saw Gazde was still playing with Vakif, I was wondering if I was hallucinating because of fatigue. ha ha ha

LOL

• btw..Some matches have been played in Turkish Cup called CupVolley/VolleyCup (Kupa Volley) : T

Idmanocağı - Nilüfer B. : 1-3 stats
    very good game by Trushkina (33 pts with % 53)

Çanakkale B. - Bursa BB. : 3-1 stats
    Bursa's drop continues

the schedule in CupVolley :

14.00 | Beşiktaş - Halkbank (Akatlar Spor Salonu)
    15.00 | Nilüfer Bld. - İdmanocağı (Cengiz Göllü Voleybol Salonu)
    17.00 | Bursa Büyük Ş. Bld. - Çanakkale Bld. (Cengiz Göllü Voleybol Salonu)
    17.00 | Sarıyer Bld. - Seramiksan (Bahçeköy Orman Fakültesi Spor Salonu)

Statue : the winners of each pair (after facing each other two times) will advance to the final phase and be the opponents of Vakıfbank,Eczacıbaşı,Feenerbahçe and Galatasaray.

• Stupid question. What is happening with Maja ? is she still with Eczacıbaş ?