Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Hell of match.

My phone refuses to speak english. :hit:

Juantorena is playing but I think he already finished the first half in his head after Club World Championship.
    and they lost!

My mistake. I thought Juantorena did not play in the beginning.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What a weird ending for the 1st turn of the season. Perugia catapulted as the Winter Champions because of all these unexpected events to Civitanova and Modena. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• True indeed!
    In fact I stand with the idea that it would be more right to have the Italian Cup play off decided on this ranking, even if it would be a disadvantage for Trento.
    BTW, having read today crossing I was really hoping for Trento to grab the 5th spot, instead Padova surprised me (well, after this week is not such a big surprise, but still...). The other matches of the 'middle teams' went as planned, overall.
    And of course I didn't predict (neither understood...) Civitanova loss. How incredible that they lost only to Castellana and Latina so far (plus Perugia in CL and Supercup).

Sora must feel terrible, they finally managed to win by 3 but Civitanova lost vs Castellana so they're still at the bottom...

• I don’t know who is doing the statistics of Castellana but they’re totally wrong. Kovar made so many direct errors that he was the main reason of the defeat. So many wrong receptions,so many offensive mistakes .I can’t believe his reception statistics ,believe me in reality it is much worse.This is the first match in this season I feel Juantorena got aged.He was both mentally and physically tired.

• I don't know...

I wondered the same, and I would have definitely said that sport had lost if Rado was sent away to listen to the team willings (as it happened last year... and see how 'well' it turned out...).

In this case... I don't know.
    It is a loss that a player can be so 'powerful', demanding in a society? Yes, for me. We all known that with other players things would have probably ended differently (well, probably they wouldn't even start, but still..)
    It is a loss that after all he decided to stay and try to work things out with the coach? Probably not. In case it could be considered the first mature gesture made by Ngapeth in a long while :P
    Unless, of course, this choice has been made to avoid a fee or the loss of his regular payment.

From the society point of view, I would have appreciate if they would have kicked Ngapeth out (this behavior after all they did for him is almost unforgivable and very unprofessional), but I do understand the choice.
    First of all, they invested on Ngapeth and they would be the first to me damaged by his absence (probably). I can understand they don't want to pay for his mistakes.
    Secondly, the strongest players of the team seemed to be pro-Ngapeth and vs-Stoytchev, so it would have been really risky to chose the second over the first instead of the opposite or a reconciliation.

Who knows if this will work out... for the next years it could be risky anyway to keep them all together.

Ps I'm speaking about Earvin, I don't really care about Swan and it's pretty clear that he could afford this protest, this 'rebellion' only because of his brother support, otherwise I bet Modena would have gladly shown him the door.

• FIPAV and Italy probably would've lost if Modena have shown Stoytchev the door.

That would mean he's free to go to Poland and manage its national team without penalties from superlega for having two jobs as a coach. :win:

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I am so mad at elevensports/sportube right now. Where are the replays? :wall:

#FreeBritney

• Just got my response from the sportube representative. She said the match replays will be back on the 2nd of January. Very dissappointed. Way to kill my enthusiasm for a volleyball watch while on a holiday break. :whistle: I guess netflix and I will have some catching up to do. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Vettori only had one blocker against him. :wall:

That was a great chase by Milano. Done it with the serve. Giani also started the Puerto Rican so Gallasi is in and Averill is out.

#FreeBritney

• Lorenzetti forced to take out Vettori for Lanza. Trento now has a 4 person reception line.

And it did not work. Milano takes the first set. 25-22.

#FreeBritney

• Padova-Perugia match will be on rai sports tonight.

It could be an interesting match now that Travica is available. Modena win can also be a boost but we have to remember that Perugia is the most consistent team in Superlega only being managed to be defeated by the powerhouse teams like Modena, Trentino and Civitanova from two seasons in a row

#FreeBritney

• Did the ball hit outside but Teppan got caught with the touch when he fell down after hitting? Really unlucky. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Did the ball hit outside but Teppan got caught with the touch when he fell down after hitting? Really unlucky. :rolll:

I had the same impression but I'm not sure!

I start watching from 20-20 of the first set, and since then Milano is practically always ahed... and of course the commentator said Trento was practical always ahed when I wasn't watching :lol:
    I must say imho Milano as a lot of merits for the 2-0 lead, even if Trento could play better than this.

Note: Palayamamay is mostly for Trento apparently. A bit sad (even if understandable), a good team as Milano would deserved to have the hall for them.

• Trento is leading in the third set but it feels like they are losing in it. Just too much desperation in every action. Almost not a single perfect execution in atleast one of the three touches besides the block.

#FreeBritney

• De Pandis is going to get the axe soon if this performance stays longer.

#FreeBritney