Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• I was cheering for the Seagulls so badly. With their 7-consecutive wins, when they tied 24-24 in the 4th set, I even believed that they could be the 3rd team this season to beat the almighty Hisamitsu. Too bad things happened, and luck was not on their side anymore.

Toray or Seagulls for the last spot in Final 8, I’m so torn. Everything seems to be in Toray’s favour though.

• All Toray has to do is win one game against either PFU or Kurobe. Helpful schedule for them. But I won't give up on Okayama until it's over :rose:

• V.LEAGUE has just put out license levels passed by each of the teams.

S1 has all current V1 teams and the following:

1. JA Gifu Rioreina

2. Gunma Bank Green Wings

3. Breath Hamamatsu

4. Prestige International Aranmare

5. Victorina Himeji

S2 licenses

1. Toyota Auto Walkire

2. Ohno Oil Hiroshima Oilers

3. Kashiwa Angel Cross

4. GSSTokyo Sunbeams

5. Osaka Superiors (still investigating)

S3 license (expansion teams)

1. Route Inn Hotels Brillant Aries

• Yay, it looks like Himeji is a shoe-in for V1 next season then? I hope they are ready :)

No love for Arisa Sato's team, the Sendai Liberos (or whatever it is). So tragic for me that her career just whizzled away. From the Olympics to Obscurity :(

• Hisae Watanabe wins the DAZN Spike Challenge. Only FOUR swings and 27 seconds to hit all three stacks:

Could have been faster if she didn't "set" the ball to the setter. Only a few players did that throughout the competition. All three Hitachi players did it.

• Highlights:

Sat 09 FEB 2019

Denso Airybees v Okayama Seagulls (0–3)

Sinéad sportin' some big hair. Okayama isn't as good in highlights, especially when they show a few of their un-proud plays. Haruka Miyashita is such a calm, graceful setter, which is odd for someone who plays The Flash (on floor defense) as a day job. Lefty OP Sanae Watanabe still freakin me out. In a good way now.

JT Marvelous v Toyota Body Queens (3-0)

Brankica smiling a bunch. I tease her but I'm sure she's #1 at parties. And have a look at Kaewkalaya Kamulthala.

I got this one queued up to one of those plays where a player is lying on the floor after a dig and the ball comes back to her within range to hit it again. Same play Brankica tries a silly pushover. It's not a good one and it was unsuccessful, so she kill blocks Neriman. Then Kamulthala serves an ace which highlights the level of volleyball going on that night.

Kurobe AquaFairies v Hisamitsu Springs (0–3)

Kurobe cute new recruit #17 Lanai Shiraiwa serves an ace. Smiles abound.

Sun 10 FEB 2019

Toyota Body Queens v PFU BlueCats (3–0)

I'm a little worried about how Toyota is finishing the season.

Hisamitsu Springs v Okayama Seagulls (3–1)

Highlights can't do it justice. I re-watched this match. Okayama's reception wasn't as good as the first time. Good for them (61%), but not objectively good. The MBs could have done better with better reception. Compare it to Hisamitsu. They're classy receptionists. The 3rd set was like that sad part in a movie where the Violins start playing. I hope 22 y/old Teen Idol #8 Mayu Oikawa doesn't feel bad. She did really well uplifting the team spirit, brought Okayama back into the set. Then a couple boo-boos.

The tragic ending, where the full orchestra comes in is, is not felt at all in the highlights.

See Arisa Inoue Attack. Yuki, too:

Kurobe AquaFairies v JT Marvelous (0–3)
    Watch JT treat Fan Favorite Megumi Kurihara likes she's Kobe Bryant on the last game of his career, complete with one from downtown.

Kurobe MB #7 Kozue Yukimaru does a cartwheel after making a kill block. Not kidding. Queued up:

• Three of the four games on at the same time tonight. I hate when that happens. Never has it been more important for KUROBE to win a game. And they better do it in 3 or 4 sets. NO POINTS for Toray!

Okayama is 9-9 , 38:33 with 28 points

Toray is 11-7 , 40:31 with 32 points

Assuming Okayama wins both of their remaining games--in 3 or 4 sets!--Toray could also lose both of theirs and still knock Okayama out if they lose them in 5 sets and pick up 2 points (I think). This is so uncool. The other team Toray plays is the 0-18 PFU BlueCats. Imagine, just imagine the new color of our universe if somehow this all works out for Okayama <3

13:00 Okayama Seagulls v NEC Red Rockets

13:00 Hitachi Rivale v Hisamitsu Springs (V.TV)

13:00 Denso Airybees v JT Marvelous

14:00 Toray Arrows v Kurobe AquaFairies

• Okayama Seagulls 27-25 NEC Red Rockets Set 1.

NEC played better most of the set but Okayama punched it out in the end.

• Seagulls would probably overtake Toray on sets ratio if tied on points and wins at 11-9, 34 points.

If Okayama beats NEC, all teams in the West will have a better (or tied) record than the best team in the East.

• If Okayama beats NEC, all teams in the West will have a better (or tied) record than the best team in the East.

So, what you're saying is: Okayama would be tied for first place if they played in the Eastern Conference, instead of being last place in the West.

They should have split the conferences North/South.

• They should have split the conferences North/South.

Ha! I just checked that out and it wouldn't change much. Swap Denso and Toyota.

----------

Okayama Seagulls 31-29 NEC Red Rockets Set 2

Not eyebrow raising level volleyball but these overtime sets are fun. Make me anxious. The rallies during overtime are always crazy. Mayu Oikawa made an appearance. That's cool.

• Okayama Seagulls <-27-25 NEC Red Rockets Set 1

Okayama Seagulls <-31-29 NEC Red Rockets Set 2

Okayama Seagulls 31-33-> NEC Red Rockets Set 3

I don't know if I can take another set :cheesy:

• Tie-Break!

All for naught, however. Kurobe let the whole world down. Toray has 35 points. Okayama can not advance to the Final 8 :(

• I need a drink

• Sat 16 Feb 2019 Results

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats
    Okayama Seagulls 3–2 NEC Red Rockets 27-25 31-29 31-33 20-25 15-12 124–124 Stats
    Hitachi Rivale 1–3 Hisamitsu Springs 12-25 25-23 22-25 20-25 79–98 Stats
    Denso Airybees 3–2 JT Marvelous 25-21 25-21 23-25 21-25 15-11 109–103 Stats
    Toray Arrows 3–0 Kurobe AquaFairies 25-16 25-22 25-11 75–49 Stats
  • I want to like that post but I can't :rolll: It's not Toray's fault. Congratulations to them.