Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• Final 3 and Final is a best of two, wins only count, not match points. I know it is a little confusing, but this way teams must win match not just a set or two.

ah yes. That is my understanding. I shouldn’t have written match *points*. I meant just matches, but *wins* is the correct term. I understand that if Toray were to win tonight in 3 sets they would have more match *points* but that wouldn’t mean they advance. They still play a Golden Set.

Thanks for clearing that up

• All I've found for the JT Toray match is at 365 Betting site. It has the Mandarin Mumbler Night Watchman

• JT takes Set 1 25-21

Ai Kurogo looks like she's sleepwalking. Brankica iced her shoulder for a couple plays

Mari Horikawa continues to not play.

• JT seemed like they were having a better match than Toray, but Toray hung around and stole set 2 25–21. JT setter Misaki Tanaka having trouble delivering a good set to Brankica. And trying too much. Brankica's got tape on her shoulder now

• JT has a perfectly capable backup setter in Mika Shibata. Maybe try her. It's getting a little weird out there with Tanaka and Brankica.

I'm liking Kaewkalaya Kamulthala a lot. She plays like Okumura. A MB/libero combo. Scrappy. Gets balls MBs don't get a lot.

• Shibata in.

Toray pulled a major Denso I thought was going to deflate them a little but JT insisted on falling apart instead. 18-12 Toray set 3.

I'm feeling grumpy toward Ai Kurogo and her not-defense

• 3ed set turned into a beat down. 25–17 -- JT self destructed. A lot of it's random. Hope they got it out of their system.

• This is super weird. Tanaka started the 4th set and it's like she trying to torture Brankica. It would be sad if it wasn't already sad

• JT is a mess. Golden Set coming up!

Oh no. The stream ended.

• This is tragic. My first Golden Set will not be televised :(

• The Golden Set

• I bet that Golden Set was some ugly volleyball. I have never seen anything like this Misaki Tanaka performance. It looked like sabotage :rolll:

Tanaka even had a chance to kill an overpass, a tasty overpass, and hit the ball so it bounced just before hitting the Advert Boards.

I watched the match match in silence because of Mandarin Mumbler dude, and the camera was living on Tanaka. The commentators must have been going on about her. She looked bad, alone.

All teams can brain fart a match. JT does it with their heads hanging down though. Not cool. They're a good team.

Congrats to Toray, and PFU beat Gifu.

• I was able to only watch the first set...I was too tired. I tried looking up for the Golden Set on YouTube but couldn't find so I had to look for the score. I'm sad 😔 JT lost. So Brankica won't be winning a V League Tittle ..unless she comes back for another season in the future.

But I'm glad for Toray. I honestly did not had a lot of faith in JT to beat Hisamitsu, so I will be cheering for Toray, hopefully Kulan will go into a beast both nights and Kurogo will have a MVP performance.

• N K youtuber has uploaded Set 1 from last night. They usually get uploaded in individual sets but not all at once. We may not get them all until tomorrow morning. I hope the Golden Set makes it online. I have to see what happened. According to the Stat sheet it looks like Tanaka started the Golden Set and Shibata subbed in at some point.

That was such a bummer. Things reached a Euro-level of drama and then went dark.

I watched the Score live update and Toray led by 3-5 points throughout the set. Stats are interesting:

Reception: Toray 36% -- JT 72%

Attack: Toray 43% -- JT 32%

Swings: Toray 32 -- JT 46

Brankica hit 10/24 in the Golden Set - and we know Brankica--that's pretty crappy for her in a do or die game, but I don't think it was her. This Tanaka thing may turn out to be the biggest scandal in Japanese Volleyball History :rolll:

I saw Saori Kimura in the stands (Toray Alum). I think she slipped something into Tanaka's water bottle, or hypnotized her, or something.

• I was able to only watch the first set

Bummer. I was hoping to get another perspective on the match. JT looked good in set 1, but after that it was weird. Super weird.

• Brankica = 96 swings on the night. Probably less than half of them were actual swings, though.

Jana = 83 swings

There should be rules against this kind of thing :white:

• Sat 31 March 2019 Results - Final 3 Match 2 & Golden Set

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats
    Toray Arrows 3–1 JT Marvelous 21-25 25-21 25-17 25-22
    96–85 Stats
    Toray Arrows 1–0 JT Marvelous 25–20 25–20 Stats

Sat 31 March 2019 Results - Challenge Relegation Promotion Match 2

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats
    PFU BlueCats 3–0 JA Gifu Rioreina 25-13 25-18 25-21

75–52
    Stats

It's a done deal.

Toray moves on to meet Hisamitsu in the Final -- Saturdays April 6 & 13.

PFU remains in V.League Division 1 for next season and JA Gifu remains in V.League Division 2.

• 10/24 isn't bad for, say, Mizuki Tanaka (not to be confused with Misaki Tanaka), but it's not what we should have gotten from Brankica--if Misaki Tanaka (not to be confused with Mizuki Tanaka) could have set her the ball properly. I promise it will break your heart if you watch anything after the first set

I haven't seen the Golden Set so I don't know what happened there, but yikes! on sets 2-4. The N K youtuber took a detour and just uploaded one of the PFU v Gifu matches instead of moving forward with the JT/Toray match. I think he/she does that so we have to keep coming back to the Channel looking for more.

At one point in the match I thought Brankica was going to get a yellow card. She was waving her arms at the ref, but the call had been made in her favor. It was like she was complaining that the ref didn't call it in her favor with enough enthusiasm :rolll: Ref called over Misaki Tanaka to explain something. Tanaka didn't say anything to Brankica as best I could tell. She was probably fearful for her life