Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• V.League also has "Fake Home" games. Like this Saitama v Hitachi match is a Saitama home game but it's in Kyoto. The Himeji match was there earlier but the second game of the night gets Real "Fake Home" status. They get a banner hung up at end court :rose:

teams have home games and second home games. Hisamitsu home is in Saga but Kobe is their second home. Kobe is literally just east from Himeji but the Springs last life as Daiei Orange Attackers was in Kobe.

• teams have home games and second home games. Hisamitsu home is in Saga but Kobe is their second home. Kobe is literally just east from Himeji but the Springs last life as Daiei Orange Attackers was in Kobe.

I still refer to that map you made. I'm also trying to pay attention to the arenas. All NEC's home games are in Kawasaki, but I think Ota Ward is their "real" home. They are the only team I've seen do a darkened theater flashy lights team introduction. I think those perks have a lot to do with the resources of the arena.

• The match with the highest attendance so far this year according to those "A" Reports.

3 November 2019
    NEC Red Rockets 3–0 Hisamitsu Springs

Ota Ward Gymnasium, Tokyo
    Attendance: 3,100

• Home/Second homes for teams

Hisamitsu: Tosu, Saga /Kobe, Hyogo

Denso: Nishio, Aichi/ Koriyama, Fukushima

NEC: Kawasaki, Kanagawa/ Ota Ward Tokyo

Hitachi: Hitachinaka, Ibaraki/ none

Okayama: Okayama/ none

Victorina: Himeji, Hyogo/ none

Toray: Otsu, Shiga/ Matsuyama, Ehime

JT Marvelous: Osaka/ Nishinomiya, Hyogo

Queenseis: Kariya, Aichi/ Toyota City, Aichi

Ageo Medics: Ageo, Saitama/ none

PFU: Kanazawa, Ishikawa/ Goshogawara, Aomori

Kurobe: Kurobe, Toyama/ none

• I still refer to that map you made. I'm also trying to pay attention to the arenas. All NEC's home games are in Kawasaki, but I think Ota Ward is their "real" home. They are the only team I've seen do a darkened theater flashy lights team introduction. I think those perks have a lot to do with the resources of the arena.

Ota Ward is literally across the river from Kawasaki and even if you follow the bullet train route that goes right by the NEC facility in Kawasaki (lived in Ota as an exchange student by the bullet train line at Ontakesan and saw the Red Rockets building last year on way to Nagoya for Women’s World Championship last year)

Ota Ward Gymnasium in Tokyo is near Kamata.

NEC Red Rockets Building in Kawasaki

• Finally, a full set. Mai Irasawa is playing this match instead of Captain Haga. Miya Sato really knows how to set her for quick ones in the middle. Nice to see that again. I'm really liking Hannah Tapp, too. She fits in nicely and doesn't interfere.

• This is the first extended playing time I've seen of Mai Irasawa since last season. She looks more grown up and a lot less Frankenstein-y. Good for her :rose:

• Ota Ward is literally across the river from Kawasaki

Is Kawasaki considered part of Tokyo? From watching games over the last year or two, NEC and Denso have the most recognizable Home games. Like there is a good community connection. Okayama, and Himeji, seem like they have more passionate fans but fewer resources.

Another Tie Break! I feel bad rooting against Saitama but GoGo Hitachi :!: :super:

Hitachi OP Miyu Kubota is the real deal 15/28 @55%

Tapp is 13/27, Irasawa is 14/30

• Hannah Tapp looks like such a nice girl, then hits the ball like the Big People do :box:

• Sat 23 Nov 2019 Results

Home Away
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats Vid
    NEC 3–1 JT 25-22 23-25 25-11 25-21 98–79 Stats
    Himeji 2–3 Toyota 25-21 20-25 15-25 25-23 10-15 95–109 Stats
    Okayama 3–0 Toray 25-19 25-20 25-23 75–62 Stats
    Denso 3–0 Kurobe 25-22 25-19 25-11 75–52 Stats YT
    Saitama 3–2 Hitachi 33-31 23-25 25-20 21-25 15-11 117–112 Stats
    Hisamitsu 3–1 PFU 25-18 22-25 25-18 25-14 97–75 Stats

Hitachi:

MB Hannah Tapp 15/30, 6 blocks

MB Mai Irasawa 15/31, 2 blocks

OP Miyu Kubota 16/32, 70% reception 48/25/18

Miya Sato is so fun to watch now: 60 swings to Hitachi's two MBs.
    Himeji's two MBs took 13 swings in their 5 set match. Bummed me out.

Himeji doesn't have any Yuki Ishii in them. It will be hard for them to win a Tie-Break until they get some.

• Nagoya for Women’s World Championship last year)

Ota Ward Gymnasium in Tokyo is near Kamata.

NEC Red Rockets Building in Kawasaki

That link to the NEC Building didn't go anywhere, can you link it again? I'm wondering if you mean it's the building where the girls do data input during the week, or their gym. The reason I asked about Kawasaki is I was wondering about these "first" (and second) Homes. And, if I got it right that Ota Ward is NEC's First Home why it's in Tokyo ... but realize this is a little slippery.

• I keep hoping it will show up on that Facebook page

• I watched the play by play go by of Set 2 with the VTV Live Score feature. It was entertainingly suspenseful. But this is a sad state of affairs.

• That link to the NEC Building didn't go anywhere, can you link it again? I'm wondering if you mean it's the building where the girls do data input during the week, or their gym. The reason I asked about Kawasaki is I was wondering about these "first" (and second) Homes. And, if I got it right that Ota Ward is NEC's First Home why it's in Tokyo ... but realize this is a little slippery.

NEC to Ontakesan map

V.League team page has Kawasaki as the first home and Ota Ward as second home.

No other team is based in Tokyo in V1.

GSS Sun Beams have Chuo Ward in Tokyo as their home town.