2019 Pan American Cup

• COL upset PUR to win the bronze medal. i think it's a first medal ever for COL.

from the little i saw, i have to say other than the top 4 teams, i thought the rest were really not at a good level... ok, several teams were missing their best players, MEX without rangel and bricio, PUR without santana and ocasio, TRI without jack, thompson...

ARG really needs a good setter... it was frustrating to see their spikers having to constantly dink the ball. fresco is frustrating to see... such a tall player but not so effective (although i see she was one of the top scorers in the tournament).

does plummer play as a passing/receiving OH? she's almost 2 m tall!!! it looks like rolfzen is not as good as kingdon... also it seems adams didn't play much.

• Dominican Republic should find someone to replace Marte and Rivera. Also Vargas Valdez has been there for a lifetime... Bethania and Brayelin are struggling offensively

well, who would have as setter? marte has been their starter forever. i remember all the way back when echenique was her backup, then rosalin angeles, now camil dominguez (and yokaty perez during VNL, who's very young). marte seems to be declining, or maybe the whole team needs a vacation, they seem so tired. rivera is retiring soon...

OTOH gaila gonzalez played well against the US in the final. surprised to see the return of mambru, don't know if she played much.

yeah, odd to see DOM struggling so much against CUB, ARG and CAN, all matches going to 5 sets.

• Paulina Prietoo Is One of the top player of the puertorican league. She played for Texas in NCAA. Now she Is the star player of Valencianas de Juncos. She signed for Canakkale 2 years ago, but they released her before the season started. IMHO She was Better than their foreigners back then.

Plummer Is a receiver in college. Her passing Is rock solid considering her height. Next USA top player!