US NCAA Women's VB

• Very clean volleyball of Wisconsin. Their receiving was spot on, so Hilley had an easy job to find the hitters. Great contributing by every player of Wisconsin, but Haggerty again with the most points.

Really bad game by Knuckles for Nebraska, she was the weak spot in reception. In this way Hames couldn't involve Stivrins much, who normally is a real threat in attack.

2 things: 1) Evidently Molly Haggerty was pretty ill, which makes her performance even more remarkable; 2) WIS serve-receive really won the match for them!

• Stanford defeated WASH ST 3-0....That sweep garnered them the PAC championship...which, frankly, they don't really care about...and should ensure a Top-4 seed (which they do)! With one more weekend to go (or partial weekend; SU has one more match remaining), the Selection Committee should choose: Baylor; TX.; WIS; STAN as its Regional hosts (#2-4 being somewhat interchangeable, potentially). The biggest matches upcoming are WIS at PENN ST and MINN at PSU

• How this competition works ? Its Georgia Tech abble to win?

No Chance.

I do not have much energy to go in minute detail here. I will cover the bare basics: !). Top US colleges and universities (NCAA Division I) are in various different conferences; 2). There are about five best ("power") conferences; there are maybe 10 mid-major ("medium") conferences. 3). Some of the conferences have post-season tournaments: where the champion gets automatic qualification into the NCAA Tourney (biggest postseason championship); 4). Some do not have post-season conference championships; the regular season champ gets qualification; 5). The team you asked about, Georgia Tech, is in a "medium" (mid-major) conference. Their record (W-L) is not great. Their conference (the ACC) does not get many bids (qualifiers) for the NCAAs. They won't win it. Okay?

To "Gomes": two people....Mapuan and myself...answered this beforehand (my answer being reposted ^above^ by ThomasHH). If you'd been keeping up with the thread, you would not have needed to ask your same question a second time. With absolute certainty and finality: No, Georgia Tech WON'T win it! Adieu.

• Must play well in-conference to even have a chance, let alone play well out-of-conference. There are over 300 schools broken into 30+ conferences. Really only six to seven conferences matter (have a chance of winning title).

ACC (Georgia Tech’s conference)

Big East
    Big Ten

Big XII (Twelve)

SEC

Pax-12

West Coast Conference

• Today are Big East Semifinal. Both Games are on youTube.

3:30 pm ET (21:30 CET) Villanova vs Marquette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISHP0evPnI

6:30 pm ET (00:30 CET) St.John's vs Creighton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Az0Wp1asQM

At Pac 12 Networks on Youtube are at 6:00 pm ET (00:00 CET) California at Stanford

The biggest matches upcoming are WIS at PENN ST and MINN at PSU

Tha's what i hate on the ESPN Player here in Europe. No Big Ten Matches :mad:

• Wisconsin choked big time after winning the first two sets easily, but I have to say Penn State came back real good! Loberg had a really bad match for Wisconsin, she couldn't get the ball on the ground in the important moments. Where the defense and reception went down drastically by Wisconsin, Penn State stepped up at that department. It allowed Penn State to play with their middles, who had great variation in their shots. There are just so many great middles in the tournament! :obey:

• Samedy finally played a great match!:box:

• https://www.ncaa.com/video/vol…leyball-bracket-predicted

In the video above they do a prediction of the 2019 DI women's NCAA volleyball tournament. I think she could be right that the top 4 teams will make it to the final 4.

Baylor IMHO has the easiest way to the final 4. Hope Kentucky can put up a fight. They have a good setter and libero, also Edmond is a great outside hitter.

Nebraska vs Wisconsin can be a real nice match for a spot in the final 4. Okay, Wisconsin beat them 2 times with 3-0, but I don't think it will be that easy this time. Nebraska always plays great in December.

Stanford has a tough schedule, bit I expect them to make is to the final 4. Everything has to be perfect for Penn State if they will be able to beat Plummer and co.

Texas vs Minnesota could be the best match for a spot in the final 4, bit Texas has a small advantage IMHO. They are a great serving team and Minnesota has trouble in the receiving department. A lot will depent on Samady, who has to kill out of system balls.

• Thank you all for the answers and explanations! Really sorry for been annoying asking the same question. I didnt see the answer (my bad)!

• So there will be given some spots to ACC for a out-of-conference phase?

How ranking has been used to ensure this spots for conference?