CEV Men's European Volleyball Championship 2021 | Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland

• Turkey played great in set #2 and #3. Lagumdzija nailed a few cluthy spikes.

Serbia's libero was horrible.

• I see why some says Atanasijevic chokes at the end of the sets. You are right about that.

LOL, QPL is missing. Atanachoker is so suitable.

• The difference between Turkish and Serbian players is that the Turks show their fighting spirit on the field during the points, while ours do it only between points with monkey-like joy.

• Congrats to Serbia. A tough win.

Turkey also did a great job. If the setter could set up more to Lagumdzija in the middle of set #5, the result might be different.

• Turkey lacks all experience, consistency and quality on certain positions to really make some decent run at this level, but after all, I think this is very fine NT season for them: European League won in a solid way, Russia upsetted in group phase, then game against Serbia took to the tiebreak. Obviously, if they defeated Finland in 4 sets they would've had a shot to make QF, but it is still a solid season IMHO.

• Turkish setter kinda threw this. Coach too with some dumb serve subs. Too bad, I was rooting for them.

Normally, during tie break, the setter should set more to your core spiker.

When Leon was with Kazan, Butko always set up a lot to Leon in set #5, no matter he's on the front row and back row.

• Turkish setter kinda threw this. Coach too with some dumb serve subs. Too bad, I was rooting for them.

Yeah both of them need to be replaced. Our best setter unfortunately is injured and we definitely need a foreign coach. Current coach is old and I don't think he can add anything extra at this point. Matic need to out as well.

• Normally, during tie break, the setter should set more to your core spiker.

When Leon was with Kazan, Butko always set up a lot to Leon in set #5, no matter he's on the front row and back row.

Thanks for the explanation! I used to think the setter should just play russian roulette and just set to whoever during the tie-break. The more you know!

• Yeah both of them need to be replaced. Our best setter unfortunately is injured and we definitely need a foreign coach. Current coach is old and I don't think he can add anything extra at this point. Matic need to out as well.

Such a shame. I like Efe Mandiraci too btw, I get what you guys see in him. lol

• Overall I'm happy with this result, of course we could made it further if we win against Finland or even Netherlands. But we played head to head with Serbia and won against Russia. This is a good start for Turkish male volleyball. We are a young team and we can still improve. Playing against these big teams definitely will help us to develop.