Japan Women’s NT 2020

• Why do they look so pissed off? :lol:

I guess "cranky" is their new image. I never really paid attention to their "PR" kind of stuff, but this year it's been all about serious un-party ... seems to me, anywa.

• haha still got 2 spots, but Iwasaka wasnt ther o.O

Oh yeah. I forgot about her :P .

I first noticed Risa wasn't there. Then Haruka ... as surprises. Then wondered about Ishikawa.

LOL what are we talking about :) Where did you find the photo?

[Edit] It's actually a video. I found it with reverse image search on the TweeterBox.

• ehhh? yeah its a video an I SS it. you didn't follow JVA ig?

I've been mad bcuz they didn't update WNT from here:mad:

• ehhh? yeah its a video an I SS it. you didn't follow JVA ig?

I've been mad bcuz they didn't update WNT from here:mad:

For some reason I don't follow any social media. I think I'm allergic to it 8o

• Japan vs USA full match - Women's Volleyball World Cup 2015 in 30mins

Tragic Japan. They've never gotten past the relationship they established with Team USA in that match. Start off well, maybe take a set, and then tank. I can't bear to watch set 4.

One of my favorite Japan squads, except for the liberos. Nice to see Mia Sato, though. Little Bullet.

• Did you see this one?

Nana looking a little sassy :)

• Japan vs USA full match

I meant to ask you last night watching this if you heard the commentator try to describe Japan's defense after a Miyashita super save on the first point in Set 3. I couldn't really understand how he described the way most women do it ('something something and then roll over the shoulder') but he essentially suggested Japan, specifically Haruka, dive like boys: "A full on dive into the ball, and then slide" :rose:

• I meant to ask you last night watching this if you heard the commentator try to describe Japan's defense after a Miyashita super save on the first point in Set 3. I couldn't really understand how he described the way most women do it ('something something and then roll over the shoulder') but he essentially suggested Japan, specifically Haruka, dive like boys: "A full on dive into the ball, and then slide" :rose:

I think i kinda get what he says, most girls do the "body roll" kind of saves (like kobata) but Japan like to do full boy (pancakes?) save? haha

I always like "damn, this girl seems reckless" everytime I watched a slow-mo replay of Miyashita doing dive 😅 maybe she just flexible enough to do that 😛

• Sowa anyone knows something about Nagaoka? Will she come back to playing?

Hisamitsu made a point of announcing they signed her for the 19-20 season. She didn't play at all but it signals her intention to play some day, I suppose. She gets this added year to see if she can get back to full force for OGs. She changes the team if she does, but it's a risk given her injuries.

• :sos:

I'm trying to figure out what National Representation Squad this is and what they were competing in:

It's definitely not one of the standard U-Squads of the past couple years. I've looked at all of them. Of the players I can identify, most are about 18 years old, give or take. The player with the Arrow pointing at her is Saori Kamizawa 上沢沙織 who just joined Hitachi (yay!). I searched the JVA site for 上沢沙織 and she doesn't result in any U-Squad rosters.

The name on the back of the shirt across the net is "Bodindecha", which appears to be a Thailand High School.

There's a small instagram collection from this match, or whatever, marked as 7 months ago. That could be when they were uploaded, not taken, but I'm darn sure this isn't more than a year or so old.

:sos:

• This one is soo satisfying to watch :rose:#JustSharing

LOL - All the Iwasaka haters should watch that to see how good she is when it counts. The digs, the spikes, the perfect sets :rose: -- not much blocking, though :)

• lol I need to rewatch to see that :rolll: I was too impressed with Haruka & Sato's ball control, not seeing everyone else hehe

I was being silly, trying to give Nana some #nanalove :rose: