Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• Does any one know if players can talk to other teams while they are still suited up? Or do they have to resign before they can talk to other teams?

I would probably guess that there is an end date of the annual contract. Player cannot leave before that date, which is probably uniform for all teams in the V.LEAGUE. Now, could discussions take place, I would think so.

• I would probably guess that there is an end date of the annual contract. Player cannot leave before that date, which is probably uniform for all teams in the V.LEAGUE. Now, could discussions take place, I would think so.

I always took the Black Eagle Flag as the end of the "season" and assumed contract end dates would be then ... but now that I think about it, I have seen players announce their "退団" before then.

When I think of Shiori Aratani, for example, I bet she had something lined up with Himeji before she decided to 退団 or 区分 from NEC. Add to that the peculiarity of Japanese players who work for the company that sponsors their team so they also need to know about job prospects before 退団ing or 区分ing.

Anyway, I'm hoping for some good movement this spring and summer.

• I forgot to bring this up but Shinnabe won V.League Achievement Award and articles are saying she's the third person to win it. Who were the other 2 who won the award before?

Saori Kimura and Mai Yamaguchi

source

• This pretty girl will probably win the next one:

• This V Cup is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. It should be mandatory every year. No NT members or imports--unless they spent the three previous years in a Japan high school.

They should also let two V2 All Star teams participate.

• Sat 06 Mar 2021

12:00 Kurobe v Saitama -- Toyama Western Sports Center, Tonami City

13:00 Toray v NEC -- Utsunomiya City Gymnasium, Tochigi

13:30 Okayama v JT -- Sanyo Fureai Park Gymnasium, Akaiwa City Okayama

14:30 Denso v Himeji -- Toyama Western Sports Center, Tonami City

16:00 Toyota v SAGA -- Sanyo Fureai Park Gymnasium, Akaiwa City Okayama

Sun 07 Mar 2021

13:00 Toray v Hitachi-- Utsunomiya City Gymnasium, Tochigi

13:00 Kurobe v PFU -- Toyama Western Sports Center, Tonami City

13:00 Okayama v SAGA -- Sanyo Fureai Park Gymnasium, Akaiwa City Okayama

15:30 JT v Toyota -- Sanyo Fureai Park Gymnasium, Akaiwa City Okayama

I will be watching this:

Sat 06 Mar 2021 V2

13:00 Breath Hamamatsu v Gunma Bank Green Wings

If Breath Hamamatsu wins 3–0 (like they did in their first meeting this season) they will finish 2nd and my Brilliant Allies will be Champions. If Gunma Bank wins ONE SET they will be Champions, Brilliant Aries in 2nd. Super fierce.

Gunma Bank are the defending Champions and Hamamatsu finished in last place last year. They are both good teams and I like them both but Rags-to-Riches for Hamamatsu is a better story and it allows for Brilliant Aries to grab the title they deserve. Ergo ...

:super:

Feel Our Breath

• Saitama Coach:

As I said earlier, there are no outstanding players on this team ... Therefore, if possible, I don't want foreign players to leave the team until the end of the season.

• This was my year of trying to learn about the Arenas. I learned about 10–15% of what I want to know -- which is a 10–15% increase year over year :thumbup:

Next year I'm going to work on the commentators :teach:

• Hmm ... There's people at this Kurobe show ?( They said these were all going to be remote matches. I guess Kurobe isn't in the danger zone.

Actually none of tonight's matches are tagged as remote. I guess the OGs are on!

Simone Lee is sporting some beautiful Kurobe-colored baby blue hair :super:

• Erina Ogawa 6/8 playing OP for Toray

Hamamatsu 1–0 Gunma Bank

• Gunma Wins set 2.

Challenge match:

Toyota v Brilliant Aries

Kurobe v Gunma Bank

• Commentator Makoto Kitamoto, who's commentating the Okayama and SAGA matches tonight, commentates through his nose like every swing is for match point in a 31–30 tie break

• Toyota and SAGA are playing like kids. It's cute.

• 2021.03.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Kurobe 1–3 Saitama

16-25

18-25

25-20

23-25

82–95

YT

Toray 1–3 NEC

15-25

17-25

25-22

22-25

79–97

YT

Okayama 1–3 JT

14-25

25-20

20-25

19-25

78–95

YT

Denso 3–0 Himeji

25-20

25-16

25-11

75–47

YT

Toyota 1–3 SAGA

26-24

20-25

17-25

17-25

80–99

YT

• It is true those PFU forfeited matches are in the books as:

Toray 3–0 PFU [25–0, 25–0, 25–0]

Saitama 3–0 PFU [25–0, 25–0, 25–0]

PFU might would have lost those matches 3–0 anyway, but the points rate is a big advantage for Toray and Saitama should a tie breaker come down to it :what:

• JT's B-C team making the NoSmilers (A team until Kawamoto gave up) look kinda silly says a lot about JT's coach.

• bummer, the screaming baby is doing Okayama commentary. Probably JT Toyota as well.

meanwhile, the Hitachi match has no commentary

• Never thought I'd find myself dreading a long rally, but they really get this announcer dude wound up :white: