European Women's Handball Champnioship 2020

• Completely insane organization of an international competition during a pandemic, but all the more makes it unique. For me, handball after volleyball and tennis is the sport I follow, know and enjoy the most, but I wondered if there might be more people who love handball.

It seems that this will be an uncertain and turbulent championship, it has always been difficult to predict who will be the best, and now it seems to me that uncertainty is reaching its peak.

• Completely insane organization of an international competition during a pandemic, but all the more makes it unique. For me, handball after volleyball and tennis is the sport I follow, know and enjoy the most, but I wondered if there might be more people who love handball.

It seems that this will be an uncertain and turbulent championship, it has always been difficult to predict who will be the best, and now it seems to me that uncertainty is reaching its peak.

I don't follow handball that closely, but started to follow the Dutch NT since they started to compete for the podium at the major tournaments. Their development has been equal and at the same time to the Dutch, only they achieved to be on the podium more often and they really won a top prize:cup: It still amazes me how they won the last WCH after their most important players quit playing for NT:lol: It's always hard to predict who will win at the end, there are so many candidates:cheesy: Scandinavian teams always belong to the main contenders IMO. Tonight an interesting match for us both: Serbia vs the Netherlands;)

• Tonight an interesting match for us both: Serbia vs the Netherlands;)

Yes, I hope that would be a great start of the championship for both teams, let to win the better.

It's a pitty that both teams are not strong as possible, NED without recently WCH MVP Poolman, and Serbia without Cvijic on the pivot, but both have amazing ones on that position even in this roster, so it would be fun for sure.

Also I can't regret that Nycke Groot no longer plays for NT, she was amazing at NT tournaments. (I'm not saying she's not in the club also amazing)

• Luckily Broch recently started training again with the French team Metz. Hope we will see her again with the Dutch NT!^^

• I love the energy of Wester and her reflexes are so good!:heart:

Also Abbingh is real important for the team, she should be their leader this ECH!

• I love the energy of Wester and her reflexes are so good!:heart:

Also Abbingh is real important for the team, she should be their leader this ECH!

Wester is so consistent player, she was part of every NED medal in past years and always was one of the decisive players.

Good news for Broch, that retirement was big schock.

• Unfortunately, Serbia was left without the best player and one of the best CBs in the world, Andre Lekic, the Achilles tendon injury was restored, followed by a break of several months.

• Unfortunately, Serbia was left without the best player and one of the best CBs in the world, Andre Lekic, the Achilles tendon injury was restored, followed by a break of several months.

Yes such a pitty:(

Polman is analysing the game and she considers Norway, Russia and the Netherlands as the main contenders. But she says you can't rule out France. We will see...

• Yes such a pitty:(

Polman is analysing the game and she considers Norway, Russia and the Netherlands as the main contenders. But she says you can't rule out France. We will see...

Norway finally with Mork, also Loke is back, what a legend, i don't know in how shape she is but with 38 years and such a long career, you have a desire to play for your NT with wich you literary won everything possible (something even multiple times), i have no words.

Pitty that Vyakhireva is injured, but even without her Russia is amazing team.

Agree with Poolman about main medal contender.

• What a win for Serbia, after 2 days of completely quarantine with 0 training since they arrived in Denmark, after injury of the best player, defeat the current World Champion.

Kudos to all players, Risovic was amazing in second half, Krpez, Liscevic,.......,literary all players.

Also strategic of Obradovic to give more space to NED wings, which are obviously not at the highest possible level (especially when we compare them with the backs of NED team) was very successfull.

Getting a half against a team like NED with 20-10 is really something amazing.

• Raining world champion the Netherlands barely survived and won against Hungary! Great fighting spirit and their defense was really strong second half:box:

Sorry Bogdan now Serbia is out:(

• Raining world champion the Netherlands barely survived and won against Hungary! Great fighting spirit and their defense was really strong second half:box:

And Croatia at the top of the pool. Suprise, they are all over the news :white:

Unfortunately Serbia did not even show enough for the next phase. But I would also take the Netherlands out of the narrow circle of favorites, they are not in nearly as good shape as last year unfortunately, it was a pleasure to watch that team. There is certainly a chance that they will shine in the next phase, Norway and Russia are sure for now, the more dominant, everything except that duel in the final will be a kind of surprise IMO.

Congrats to Croatia they were declared outsiders of group C, and ended with 3 close victories, it is obvious a great desire, motive, and also ofc the quality, a fan for them below. They have everything, no individual stands out drastically, a fantastic goalkeeper, Ćamila for shots from a distance, a couple of great and penetrating players, and a very very solid defense, all deserved.

• Congrats to Croatia on historic success and placement in semi final, Norway looks unbeatable but i still keep hopes for Croatia on the throne.

• Congrats to Croatia on historic success and placement in semi final, Norway looks unbeatable but i still keep hopes for Croatia on the throne.

Yeah they are literally everywhere in our news.

Everyone are talking about them. :heart:

• Yeah they are literally everywhere in our news.

Everyone are talking about them. :heart:

TBH girls totaly deserved that, from completely outsiders to semifinalist, with young squad and without star players (aka Grubisic, Penezic).