Efeler Ligi 2020-2021

• What happened to Halkbank? :what:

Edit: I hate how worldofvolley exaggerates so many things.:white: I thought Halkbank were outside of the top 8 but it seems like they were ineligible of the playoffs because of the more brutal format the league instituted for this season.

well, their lack of a good trainer was the main reason in my opinion. They have been playing with Aslan Eksi (not Arslan Eksi) for some reason and they were doing good/ OK until against Galatasaray last week, where Aslan was pretty bad and they were defeated and couldn’t make it to finals.

To sum it up, lacking a good trainer and inconsistent performances of the players were main reason for their failure. I hope Efe leaves if they cannot hire a good trainer.

• They lost some crucial games and ended up as 5th. They sucked at european cup match against a very weak opponent so I am not said that they are out of semis.

Only positive thing about Halkbank this year was development of Efe Bayram who is full time starter and showing amazing performance at the age of 18

:super:

But Milano this season is strong even with the departure of Nimir and Clevenot... or are you talking about another team?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ziraat topped the RS. :win:

Ofcourse it is different after the next round. Hoping they can keep their composure and make it out alive for the final.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Altekma had 4 positive cases and 7 players have affects of covid even though they were tested negative. TVF decided not to postpone any match due to covid during play offs so Halkbank will play for 5th.

Ziraat won against Fenerbahce today and won the regular season. Fenerbahce seemed to be struggling in every part of the game after Covid.

• They also guaranteed the CL for next season.

A blessing and a curse. We'll never know. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Was Torres always whiny or is it Galatasaray affect? He always objects even when it is a clear decision. He seemed decent when he first came but now his attitude is irritating.

With injuries and missing players due to Covid related issues on Galatasaray side, I expect Arkas to win but they are not dominant at all so far. On paper Arkas has good MBs but both Cagatay and Matic are trying to make a come back after horrible injuries, Mustafa Koc is underperforming and Mustafa Cengiz is simply inadequate.

• Look where he lands after serve. Damn Efe can fly :super::super::super:

He aced one of his bestie Efe Bayram :lol: He is also an insane blocker (0.53/set), best among non-MB spikers

Do you think he is performing better as Opp or OH? Considering Adis is very young and will be the main Opp for a long time, I hope he will play as OH full time. I think NT core should be;

Arda Bostan-Adis Lagumdzija

Efe Bayram-Efe Mandıracı

Ahmet Tümer-Bedirhan Bülbül

Berkay Bayraktar

These players are having great season so far and they are very very young. I think it is time to build a team around these youngsters for next Olympic cycle.

• I think he plays as OH as good as OPP. I guess it doesnt matter for him :lol: But its better for his NT career to play as OH.

Thats the team I wanna see. I want to add Kaan Gürbüz as back-up to Adis.

Hopefully they will change the head coach and focus on future

• I think he plays as OH as good as OPP. I guess it doesnt matter for him :lol: But its better for his NT career to play as OH.

You won't believe but I indeed wrote Kaan's name in brackets in my post but then deleted it since I thought Adis is literally the best player we have, there is no chance that he will be benched. But I am rooting for Kaan Gürbüz too, he is so consistent considering his age and had crazy numbers attacking ratio

Turkish youth and junior teams won a lot with 1995 and 1997 generations at the international tournaments but 1999 and 2001 generations have more individual talents

I really wish they could find a good coach but with current coach having “connections”, I don’t see him replaced.