Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• What a spike by Valdes

:) I saw that and thought same. When she gets one in the strike zone it's a homer. I'm liking Yamashita here

Kurobe's playing fast and low with the middles. That's cool. I assume it's Kikuchi setting

• My aspect ratio must have been slightly off. Everyone looked short and plump

• My early predictions:

1 - JT

2 - Ageo

3 - NEC

That wouldn't surprise me

• What we can dream about (in alphabetical order) :)

• Hitachi
    • NoSmilers
    • PFU
  • I wish there was a National Sports Festival web site for Dummies. It's hard to follow this thing. I believe Artemis Hokkaido secured the Hokkaido Block. Maybe Ligare Sendai is moving on. Saitama won something

PFU (Ishikawa) plays Niigata Prefecture for Final Whatever-that-Block-is. I don't know who/what is representing Niigata

• PFU needs a middle blocker to assist Watabiki. I'm dreaming of "Majoy" Baron :rose:

• I think I got this right, so far. I didn't realize this National Sporting Festival was so dominated by V.League teams.

I imagine Toray, Himeji, and/or JT if they are playing will take the Kansai spots; NoSmilers take Chugoku.

Club Ehime is the only team I know of on the Shikoku island/region

If Veertien Mie is lucky they might get the Host spot, or the canceled Tokai spot. I assume they are just going to "recommend" teams from the Block Tournaments that got canceled. SAGA will grab a Kyushu spot. I don't know why they get three. Forest Leaves?, Kanoa Fukuoka?, Higashi HS?

Block Team Prefecture Losers

Hokkaido

Atremis Hokkaido

Hokkaido

Hokusho U, Tokai Sapporo U

Tohoku

Sendai

Miyagi

Prestige (Yamagata) Akita, Aomori

Prestige

Yamagata

Fukushima, Iwate

Hokushin’etsu

PFU

Ishikawa

(Niigata), Kurobe (Toyama), (Fukui)

Kanto

Saitama Ageo

Saitama

Gunma Bank, NSSU (Tokyo)

Hitachi Rivale

Ibaraki

Yamanashi Sporting Bears, Shoin U (Kanagawa)

Gunma Bank

Gunma

Yamanashi Sporting Bears, Shoin U (Kanagawa)

Tokai Canceled

Canceled

Kinki (Kansai)

Chugoku

Shikoku

Kyushu Canceled

Canceled

• per the Mie games website.

Mie is the host and gets one spot.

Tokai is Aichi, Shizuoka and Gifu. Toyota or Denso

Oilers and Seagulls were the ones in 2019 for Chugoku in the tournament.

• per the Mie games website.

Mie is the host and gets one spot.

Tokai is Aichi, Shizuoka and Gifu. Toyota or Denso

Oilers and Seagulls were the ones in 2019 for Chugoku in the tournament.

What is the Mie games web site?

Does Mie get one for the host PLUS a Tokai spot? I don't know if Toyota or Denso are sending troops. I'd rather see JA Gifu

The J-Wiki site has this:

The quotas for adult men and adult women are as follows.

Host prefecture 1 team

Hokkaido 1 team

Tohoku 2 team

Hokushinetsu 1 team

Kanto 3 teams

Tokai 1 team

Kinki 2 team

Chugoku 1 team

Shikoku 1 team (Club Ehime?)

Kyushu 3 teams

Why does Kyushu get three? There's nobody down there except SAGA. Is it so Okinawa gets a spot ?

Most of the Prefecture web sites I could find were useless. I had to resort to tweeterville from teams. I can't find a schedule or who is sending teams. I'd like to know who Niigata is. Someone actually named NSSU and Shoin in their tweet so I know who "Tokyo" and "Kanagawa" are. I guess NEC doesn't participate. This is my first time looking into this tournament and I'm mostly lost.

Anyway, I hope Veertien Mie gets a go at it

I'm also interested in the Junior version of this. Shimokitazawa Seitoku has won the last two times. Could probably do the same this time. They have some promising kids. If only the thing would be televised. Very nice of PFU to stream their matches

• I found this NoSmilers Fan site that has a decent rundown of who is participating. Lots of "I'm not sure exactly what's going on" caveats, but since I assume they speak and read Japanese, and appear interested in the tournament, they probably have as good of an understanding as is possible outside the secret realm of whomever is running this joke of a tournament.

Tokai Block - Breath Hamamatsu, Toyota Sunpiena, JA Gifu ... but it got canceled. Gifu would probably win that Round Robin so maybe they get the "recommendation".

Kinki (Kansai) - Bluebells :!: maybe Toray, a Uni or two and a couple 'selection' teams. Bluebells are goin', baby :) they can beat all those losers

Chugoku - does get only one this year. Probably comes down to Oilers v Seagulls

Shikoku - Club Ehime, a team that never has more than eight players registered will likely get the nod, because there is nobody else on that island

Kyushu - also canceled but likely SAGA, Forest Leaves or Kanoa Fukuoka? and NIFS, the reigning Uni Champions

• Ha! I just found that site from the seagullsfan blog thing :)

• Annnnnndddd ... it looks like they are going to cancel the whole thing?

Link

• I like that this thing translates as Mie and the Scary National Polity :rolll:

• Whoever this Captain Kirk dude in charge of Branding/PR is at NEC must have relatives at Volleyball Magazine. Newsfeed of the latest ten items for V1 has four for NEC: picking up garbage, holding a training camp in Hokkaido, YOLO participating in the fire ceremony for the Paralympics, and "participating in an event at the local Musashi Kosugi (Kawasaki City). Enjoy sitting Valley, etc."

the team was able to further deepen cooperation with the community and spend valuable time, and will continue to interact with the local people through such projects and work toward becoming a team rooted in the community. I want to.

Evil corporate dual citizenship BCS-hiring villains

• The influence of Yuki on Shion (from Shion's IG):

• btw - there were no signs of the New PFU Kids on the Block at those Mie and the Scary Athletics matches:

Nabeya

Watanabe

Tahara

Kagamihara

nor Watabiki

... which I would hope is their starting lineup , plus Mikoto Shima and an MB