2021 FIVB Boys' U19 World Championship // Iran

• Just wondering, guys. How do you feel about men's/boy's teams making slides a regular play? The Thai boys (and men) do it regularly, and now Phelps of Portugal just hit one (successfully) against Poland at the ECh.

I don't believe it's ever gonna be a staple in MV but depending on the setter connection and the blocker's athleticism to perform quick slides, this could work especially if you have a weak opposite.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Just wondering, guys. How do you feel about men's/boy's teams making slides a regular play? The Thai boys (and men) do it regularly, and now Phelps of Portugal just hit one (successfully) against Poland at the ECh.

Yeah, 🇹🇭 men and many other SEA nations use their mbs to sometimes do slide attacks, but like Rains said, won't likely become a staple most elsewhere. And that has to do with an aggressive OP being there. Some even consider the manslide, a feminine move. I can careless, so long as it's effective in scoring and not used to often.

• I mean would you mind or not mind seeing slides done regularly by men?

To see more slides done regularly by men would make men's volleyball more interesting and even flashier so I wouldn't mind it.

Shoyo Hinata of Haikyuu rose to fame for because of his lightning-quick slides. If in real life, some team can achieve this somehow on the level of VNL would be incredible for the sports.

But to have it done without sacrificing the performance of the team means you need the perfect sports specimen a.k.a. a young Michael Jordan to play volleyball and become a middle blocker which IMO is a miracle in itself because players like him would have been considered for other positions such as a wing spiker.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

There are two reasons for not seeing slide attacks in men volleyball:

1- most of the opposite attacks from zone 1 is more effective than a slide attack unlike in women volleyball

2-male blockers are faster than female ones so they generally block easily such attacks, alternatively set should be extremely fast but it is generally not worth to try

For these reasons I don't expect to see such attack besides exceptional situations