2021 African Women's Volleyball Championship

• Sep 12 - Sep 19 2021 (according to FIVB)

Participating teams:

Rwanda - Host

Algeria

Burundi

Cameroon

Cote d’Ivoire

DR Congo

Egypt

Ethiopia

Gambia

Guinea

Kenya

Morocco

Nigeria

Senegal

Tanzania

Tunisia

• Pools
    Pool A: Rwanda- Senegal- Morocco- Nigeria
    Pool B: Cameroon- Kenya- Burundi- Tunisia- RDC

Many teams decided to quit from the competition. According to Nigerian press, 16 and then 15 teams were supposed to play there...

ya8MYGt.jpg

• Day 1 Results

Burundi - DR Congo 0-3 (18:25, 15:25, 13:25)

Cameroon - Kenya 3-0 (25:20, 25:21, 25:19)

Nigeria - Senegal 3-0 (25:16, 25:18, 25:22)

Rwanda - Morocco 3-1 (25:19, 25:18, 32:34, 25:22)

Day 2 Results

Tunisia - Cameroon 0-3 (15:25, 18:25, 17:25)

DR Congo - Kenya 0-3 (11:25, 12:25, 19:25)

Nigeria - Rwanda - 0-3 (22:25, 23:25, 23:25)

Day 3 Results

Senegal - Morocco 0-3 (23:25, 17:25, 13:25)

Cameroon - Burundi 3-0 (25:15, 25:14, 25:14)

Kenya - Tunisia 3-0 (25:20, 25:19, 25:21)

Day 4 Results

Burundi - Kenya 0-3 (8:25, 9:25, 11:25)

DR Congo - Tunisia 0-3 (17:25, 16:25, 17:25)

Rwanda - Senegal -> Game suspended

• The game between Rwanda and Senegal was suspended.

There are speculations that some (probably 4) Brazilian players who changed their nationality to Rwanda were not allowed to play for that country.

Edit: Those players are:

Aline Siqueira (Opp)

Mariana Da Silva (Setter)

Moreira Bianca Gomes (OH)

Apolinario Caroline Taina (MB)

• Looks like the whole competition is suspended. There is no official information from CAVB.

sloth are the any information in brazilian media about the whole 'issue' with 4 Brazilians playing for Rwanda?

• From a Rwandan news site

The World Volleyball Association (FIVB) has refused to hear Rwanda's appeal for a two-match ban in the Africa Volleyball Cup held at Kigali Arena and expelled from the tournament.

In a FIVB letter to CAVB President Bouchra Hajij following a three-party meeting yesterday, September 17, 2021, he called for the rule of law to be expelled from Rwanda by undocumented players.

MINISPORTS is reportedly preparing to continue the tournament but is urging the FIVB to immediately lift the temporary sanctions imposed on Rwandan players and the Rwandan national team to allow them to continue playing.

He further added that MINISPORTS emphasized the need to focus on the national agenda and the decision to be taken. "

CAVB has called for sanctions against the players, but the Rwandan national team will continue to play.

The FIVB has indicated that sanctions against players and the national team will continue and that all matches will be played in accordance with FIVB regulations.

FIVB has requested that the Ministry of Sports in Rwanda and CAVB continue to organize the tournament without the Rwanda Volleyball Association (FRVB) to conclude the tournament.

In the letter, the FIVB president also said that they would not make a decision in violation of FIVB rules and regulations, meaning that he had decided that the sanctions imposed on the players would remain and that the Rwandan national team would be eliminated from the tournament and run for 2 years without competition. responds.

Article 2.4.1 of FIVB rules govern Rwanda, where it states that national players must have a team, school or institution played in a national organization.

Aline Siqueira, Apolinario Caroline Taiana, Mariana Da Silva and Moreira Bianca Gomes arrived in Rwanda in August this year and have never played for a team.

Other sources say that Rwanda is not ready to continue preparing for the tournament as the national team is eliminated from the tournament.

The Nigerian and Moroccan national teams have accused Rwanda of playing 4 Brazilian players including Aline Siqueira, Apolinario Caroline Taiana, Mariana Da Silva and Moreira Bianca Gomes and have no credentials and have also played for Brazil.

• Thanks avid

I'm shocked how this is even possible. The players haven't been checked by CAVB? The referees let them play without checking the certificate? There are so many questions, but probably no one wants to answer them :D

• Thanks avid

I'm shocked how this is even possible. The players haven't been checked by CAVB? The referees let them play without checking the certificate? There are so many questions, but probably no one wants to answer them :D

im not suggesting anything... buuuuuuut.... it is being hosted in Rwanda right? :whistle::whistle:

maybe they have the same officials as the people doing Destinee Hooker's physical in Puerto Rico :lol::lol::lol:

• im not suggesting anything... buuuuuuut.... it is being hosted in Rwanda right? :whistle::whistle:

Rwanda has even hired a (kinda disgraced) Brazilian coach to work with both male and female NTs. Now I wanna see if there were some random Brazilians infiltrated in the male team lmao

• im not suggesting anything... buuuuuuut.... it is being hosted in Rwanda right? :whistle::whistle:

Yes, it is. I know they probably wanted to qualify for 2022 WCH.

However, CAVB should be responsible federation. They should check such things. Isn't that weird that this year, out of nowhere they have 4 Brazilians? :D

CAVB didn't even post the rosters of each team :D Also the stats are not available this year.

• Rwanda has even hired a (kinda disgraced) Brazilian coach to work with both male and female NTs.

Why disgraced? I know he worked in polish second division last year. That team had big budget and was excepted to play for the final and promotion to Tauron Liga, but they ended up in 7th place :D

• Yes, it is. I know they probably wanted to qualify for 2022 WCH.

However, CAVB should be responsible federation. They should check such things. Isn't that weird that this year, out of nowhere they have 4 Brazilians? :D

CAVB didn't even post the rosters of each team :D Also the stats are not available this year.

i looked at their website and i didnt see anything... this is NORCECA levels lol

• Why disgraced? I know he worked in polish second division last year. That team had big budget and was excepted to play for the final and promotion to Tauron Liga, but they ended up in 7th place :D

He worked in a traditional team here in Brazil for a few years (Pinheiros) and you could see during timeouts that he had an attitude towards the players. I wanna say 'abusive', but let's just leave at 'abrasive'. The team never performed well too.

• i looked at their website and i didnt see anything... this is NORCECA levels lol

Yes, their website has information about 2019 competition :D They posted the game results on facebook, but there is no info about teams and no stats. Btw, they made the DOL few hours before the tournament started :D

• He worked in a traditional team here in Brazil for a few years (Pinheiros) and you could see during timeouts that he had an attitude towards the players. I wanna say 'abusive', but let's just leave at 'abrasive'. The team never performed well too.

I didn't know who was their coach but after this description I know exactly who you are talking about... What a shitshow

• I didn't know who was their coach but after this description I know exactly who you are talking about... What a shitshow

Yep lmao I forgot to mention that he was demoted to assistant coach in Pinheiros after like 2 failed seasons too. Mess.

• Btw, it doesn't look funny anymore

The coach of Nigeria's senior women's volleyball team faces death threats in Rwanda, in the midst of the African Women's Volleyball Championship competition.

Death threats hang over Samuel Ajayi. On several occasions, the coach of the Nigerian senior women's volleyball team has received phone calls from unidentified individuals with death threats. This comes a day after Samuel Ajayi denounced the Rwanda women's team which fielded players of other nationalities.

The situation is really serious. This is why the Nigerian volleyball delegation invited the Nigerian government to join the Nigerian consulate in Kigali, in order to take all appropriate measures for the safety of Samuel Ajayi and all his team

https://africafootunited.com/v…i-nigeria-menace-de-mort/