Brazil NT 2022

• That'll be Felipe Roque. Renan's team loves him.

Gosh. My least fav Brazilian. He will be back from an injury as well. Even Gabriel was better than him last year in the finals. (Btw, Gabriel is having a bad season in Arkas. Hoag put a lefty OH as Opp in the last games. Gabriel is so bad oos and very inconsistent in general. There were some games he is so good and then big flop.)

Voss is number 21. The setter and middle number 8 from the other team were part of Pan Am roster for USA.

• I wouldn’t call Gabriel’s performance bad per se, but rather bad at OOS as taylor10 said and it affects the result of the game big time consequently when your OPP cannot handle the OOS, especially after Efe’s injury. What’s funny is Ulas, their setter, usually sets him pretty good and easy balls compare to others. I remember someone here described him upon being asked by us Turkish fans when he was transferred as explosive but uncontrolled power, and it couldn’t have been more true. I’d say for Turkish League level, I hope some mid teams will manage to keep him, but for Brazil NT, he has to work his ass off.

One more observation, he also loves hitting out or straight into the antenna when the opponent block covers the diagonal.. I mean, just take a look on the other side of the net for once..

• I wouldn’t call Gabriel’s performance bad per se, but rather bad at OOS as taylor10 said and it affects the result of the game big time consequently when your OPP cannot handle the OOS, especially after Efe’s injury. What’s funny is Ulas, their setter, usually sets him pretty good and easy balls compare to others. I remember someone here described him upon being asked by us Turkish fans when he was transferred as explosive but uncontrolled power, and it couldn’t have been more true. I’d say for Turkish League level, I hope some mid teams will manage to keep him, but for Brazil NT, he has to work his ass off.

One more observation, he also loves hitting out or straight into the antenna when the opponent block covers the diagonal.. I mean, just take a look on the other side of the net for once..

That was me lol He's always been like this unfortunately. Hitting out is his best specialty.

• Gosh. My least fav Brazilian. He will be back from an injury as well. Even Gabriel was better than him last year in the finals. (Btw, Gabriel is having a bad season in Arkas. Hoag put a lefty OH as Opp in the last games. Gabriel is so bad oos and very inconsistent in general. There were some games he is so good and then big flop.)

Voss is number 21. The setter and middle number 8 from the other team were part of Pan Am roster for USA.

Douglas is my least fav Brazilian. Roque from what I saw in VNL was good

• Renan released the first names for the season: Adriano (OH), Lucão (MB) and Alê (L), all from Vôlei Renata.

Felipe Brito (MB, Funvic), Maicon (OH, Sada) and Pedro Jukoski (Teruel, SPA) have been called as guests.

Calling Pedro is... bizarre? There's already 4 clear names for the year in Bruno, Cachopa, Brasília and Carísio... anyway...

Notably absent is Thales (L). By the logic of calling players whose club season is over, he should be on this list.

ETA: Nevermind. Another list has just been released with Thales, Flávio (MB, Vibo Valentia), Alan (OPP) and Felipe Roque (OPP).

• Now with both SESI and Guarulhos eliminated from Superliga, Renan Dal Zotto revealed more players called for NT trainings. They are:

Darlan (OPP), Leo (MB), Birigui (OH) and Brasília (S) from SESI;

Franco (OPP) from Guarulhos. João Franck (OH) was also called but only as a guest.

• No Honorato? Arthur?

• No Honorato? Arthur?

Players are only getting called once their club season is over; Honorato and Arthur are still playing for Minas. Honorato might get a call, but Arthur could only get called as a guest at best.

• Hopefully Honorato and Otavio join the NT

• Here's a cool interview with Alan about his injury. He says he started feeling it in January 2021, which was when he skipped some games with Sada. It was diagnosed as an osteochondral injury (basically soft tissues and bones around his foot were wearing out) and he decided to have surgery in December last year because if he didn't, his volleyball career would get shortened and even his training volume had to be adapted in order to not cause worsening of the symptoms. He's now 100% though and ready to come back with the NT.

He also said he was doing really well and having a great time in Russia when he signed there with no signs of the injury, until it appeared again out of the blue. He tried treating it there for a month to no avail, until both him and Kuzbass decided to terminate his contract. It's too bad, he could've done really well abroad and I hope he tries to play overseas again when/if he's more comfortable.

• Who I'm hoping to see in the NT:

1. Otavio

2. Honorato

3. Arthur (guest)

4. Leozinho

5. Matheus

6. André Saliba

7. Rodriguinho

8. Cledenilson

• Bruno just got a call too. Meanwhile, Leal didn't... I suppose he's skipping VNL then.

so I guess, Cachopa will skip VNL too?

• I'm sorry but Otavio is not NT material.

• Why would he?

because Matheus Brasília is also included which makes 3 setters? i dunno

• because Matheus Brasília is also included which makes 3 setters? i dunno

These first calls have normally at least 18-20 names. It's normal to have 3 setters. One of them will be cut eventually.