Serbia - BPŠ Super League 2022/23

• Big upset yesterday. Newly promoted Omladinac Novi Banovci beat Crvena Zvezda, reigning champion and kick them out of cup. Their dreams about double crown is broken before season even started.

Una Vajagic, serbia u19 outside hitter and school world champion scored 27 points with 3 blocks.

• Big upset yesterday. Newly promoted Omladinac Novi Banovci beat Crvena Zvezda, reigning champion and kick them out of cup. Their dreams about double crown is broken before season even started.

Una Vajagic, serbia u19 outside hitter and school world champion scored 27 points with 3 blocks.

Wait for Uzelac to get her :)

• Bogdan give us your power rankings, what you think about clubs? Who is favorite?

Also some players to watch.

Honestly this season doesn't attract me as much as the last one for example (which is sad because finally there is someone else interested in the topic).
    A detailed power ranking would take a lot of time and dedication. But I could do some from top analysis with the informal concept.

Players to watch list isn't that interesting honestly, not because there are not players worthly, but because it is well known names, such as Tica, Uzelac, Osmajic, Kurtagic,.......

I will list players which i will pay attention for different reasons.

s: Perovic, Cirovic

oh: Tica, Uzelac, Mihajlovic, Ivanovic, Vajagic

mb: Osmajic, Kurtagic, Gligoric, Markovic

l: Tadic, Gocanin, Pakic, Djurdjevic

1. Ub

They have a really experienced roster with young setter (my favourite) and IMO great + underrated libero, and this could be breakthrough season for both (especially for Rada, i want to see her in VNL so hard). If Gligoric repeat the similar level from last season, i expect her in some top league for the 2023/24 season. Anyway we have 3 well established elite MB + Kocic + few supertalents (Osmajic and Kurtagic) so regardless her shape NT it's a bit unrealistic.
    The only problem which i can predict as possible could be short bench, but anyway for me they are clear favourite for the title this season.

2. Crvena Zvezda

They make some interesting transfers (Ćirovic and Djudjevic), but they lost much more in Drca, Delic, Boskovic. The biggest question mark for me is the opposite (maybe Boskovic will be back after China), but still they have really decent team, Zivojinovic looks much better, she can be that X factor player.

3. Jedinstvo SP

Well oiled machine, lead by great Cakovic and Tica, but with certain limitatitions. They have so so diagonal, so IMO they rely too much on their undoubtly great OH duo. Osmajic as pure power for this team, just hope that she stay healthy all season along. For sure they can make "surprise" and qualify to the final, but i think that it will be again close but not enough.

4. Železničar Lajkovac

I'm not impressed with their transfers, they have young squad + Antonijevic and Sredic. I don't see them higher than 4th place. Maybe it's better that way, a little less pressure with a little more space for young players development, primarly Uzelac.

5. Tent

Young team, but almost all players with multiple superleague experience + almost all are former/actual youth NT members.

6. - 9. Indjija, Omladinac, Srem, Partizan

I can't make a clear predicition for this teams/places. All have some good and bad sides, maybe surprisingly, but I expect the least from Partizan among these teams, but again Zakoc as a coach, plus maybe some reinforcements will lead them to a better ranking. Indjija looks like a team and Zakic is really god setter. Omladinac as true challenger team.

10. Spartak

Few good names but not integrated as a team at all, i predict flop for them.

11. and 12. As Batajnica, Novi Sad

Perhaps unfairly last, but apart from a couple of players, I am not familiar with the qualities of their players.

• Bogdan my predictions are not much different

Players to watch, i was not about already known stars such Uzelac, Vajagic, Tica, Gocanin, Kurtagic, Osmajic, MIhajlovic but players who will surprise all of us, i will try to give you a few names.

Crvena Zvezda - Isidora Rodic

Omladinac - Andrea Jeftic, Tijana Cvetkovic, Kaja Stjepovic

Tent - Natasa Cikuc

Partizan - Ksenija Tomic

About power rankigs.

Title contenders:

Jedinstvo Stara Pazova - team that play very long time together. They have best player in the league (Tica) and one of the best blockers (Osmajic), two players who will play for national team next season, also i expect a lot from Zelenovic now after a national season episode. Sisters Miljevic are very good players too, most athletic in the league for sure and i think this is their season (last season was their first season with a club who fight for the title, season before they played only to stay in the league with Klek).

Ub - They have very similar team like a season before, just much better Opp. They have better setter now, and i think Perovic better fit to Marijana gameplay then Jaksic, but Tadic is not level of Djurdjevic. If Rankovic really recover in january, they will be really strong. Also i see that they tested Novosel as hitter and i like this idea.

Crvena Zvezda - They are strong too, IMO even better than last year. Yes nobody can replace Drca, but Cirovic is best option that can be signed for our league, and is kinda poetic, because she will probably replace her in national team after olympics. Durdjevic is much better than Milojevic, and i dont see big difference between Delic and Canak. Helic/Taubner can replace Boskovic, but as you said, she will probably return in january.

TOP 5 teams - this two teams will finish in top5, one of them will play semi, but they are not good enough for the title.

Zelaznicar Lajkovac - Young team with very shaky reception. Much weaker team than last season. I like Uzelac, Pakic and Ivanovic as a trio and they will grow so much this season. Their canadian middle is good and when LJubica Milojevic recover they will have a wall. Also their cubanian opp is not bad, but not as good as the one that Ub have. Antonijevic playing very bad, they look much better with young setter, maybe Ana dont like that they formed really young team.

Tent - they have good starting 6 but besides middles no bench at all. Their biggest problem will be OPP, Vidacic is too young and she will need at least one more season to grow.

Middle teams - this teams dont need to worry about relegation

Omladinac - Young perspective team, Vajagic, Sucurovic, Lazovic, all are serbian u19 players, also they signed really good OPP Cvetkovic and Kujundzic as libero. Biggest concern is bench, can this 6 play 20 games in good rhythm? All players on bench are basically hitters hahah

Partizan - disappointment, beside Tomic and Stojiljkovic all players are simple average and no OPP to kill a ball. Serbian Galatasaray.

Indjija - same team as last season + few good players, they will secure spot in superleague for sure

Srem - Mihajlovic is really good, and team is good on paper, if opposites give a help to Ana, they have chance to secure playoff spot again. Zivanovic and Antic are good middle duo.

This 3 teams will fight for relegation

Spartak - Good team on paper but something is wrong. Setter is too green IMO :lol:

Batajnica - I watched them just 2 or 3 times, they play good floor defense, but they are very bad servers.

Novi Sad - Probably weakest team, their cubanian middle that they force to play as opp is not scary at all, other cubanian girl is bad receiver.

• 3rd round:

Indjija 0x3 UB

(19/25 - 18/25 - 16/25)

Top Scorers:

Anet Benitez (UB) - 21 points

Teodora Isailović (Indjija) - 12 points

Sladjana Erić (UB) - 10 points

Batajnica 3x2 Novi Sad

(13/25 - 25/18 - 22/25 - 25/23 - 15/11)

Top Scorers:

Katarina Stanković (Batajnica) - 19 points

Yensi Kindelan Iznaga (Novi Sad) - 12 points

Jovana Mijačević (Batajnica) - 11 points

Srem 3x1 Spartak

(15/25 - 25/21 - 25/18 - 25/19)

Top Scorers:

Ana Mihajlović (Srem) - 18 points

Ana Sarić (Srem) - 16 points

Sara Pavlović (Spartak) - 15 points

Partizan 2x3 Tent

(19/25 - 14/25 - 25/21 - 25/19 - 10/15)

Top Scorers:

Ana Krulj (Partizan) - 29 points

Milica Vidačić (Tent) - 17 points

Nevena Vukčević (Partizan) / Jovana Cvetković (Tent) / Mina Mijatović (Tent) - 15 points

Jedinstvo 3x1 Železničar

(25/20 - 25/16 - 19/25 - 25/16)

Top Scorers:

Branka Tica (Jedinstvo) - 21 points

Isidora Kockarević (Jedinstvo) / Tamara Miljević (Jedinstvo) - 17 points

Dezirett Madan (Železničar) - 13 points

Omladinac 0x3 Crvena Zvezda

(19/25 - 19/25 - 14/25)

Top Scorers:

Una Vajagic (Omladinac) - 18 points

Adela Helic (Crvena Zvezda) - 16 points

Jelena Stojic (Crvena Zvezda) - 14 points

Ana Zivojinovic (Crvena Zvezda) - 13 points

Jana Pavlovic (Omladinac) - 11 points

• I recently started watching the Serbian women league out of curiosity and I have this question:

Looking at the game Tica and Uzelac do you think that in the new season they will go abroad?

Tent I have the impression that he is losing a lot due to the absence of Kurtagic but maybe I'm wrong:/

Mihajlovic looks really great, has a really good jump serve

• About Tica i'm almost sure that she will go abroad next season. I would love to see her in Germany for the first season abroad (or at least not Romania) and then after following and evaluating her progress to see her in better leagues like Italy or Turkey. It will be huge surprise to not see her in VNL next year. Repeat the same for Osmajic. I have really high expectations from her.

About Uzelac, i don't know, maybe it would be wise for her to change a club for next season, but i would like for her to stay in Serbia one more year.

In Hena's absence Natasa Cikuc Deans doing a good job on MB position in Tent, she is really dynamic, but they desperately miss Hena in block (both active and passive touches).

• Jedinstvo looks great. I hope they will succed to be in this shape in the play off.

Me 2. But last year it was more mental in semi. They were young and Drca killed them with experience, good serves and few setter dumps. When nervousness touched their bones was all over, its hard to return in best of 3 series, there is no time.

• I recently started watching the Serbian women league out of curiosity and I have this question:

Looking at the game Tica and Uzelac do you think that in the new season they will go abroad?

Tent I have the impression that he is losing a lot due to the absence of Kurtagic but maybe I'm wrong:/

Mihajlovic looks really great, has a really good jump serve

I doubt that Tica or Uzelac would go, they are still young, just 18 and 19. They are starters in good clubs and both crucial part of their projects. Most important for players of their age is to play, not to be 3rd OH in poland for example, they have good competitions in league plus they will play europe. When they turn 20, they will probably go in stronger league.

Kurtagic will return soon, she already working with a team. She will be ready for europe. But biggest problem for Tent are not middles, they dont have good OH comparing to rest of the teams, and also their main opp just turned 16, 20 days ago.

Mihajlovic is really rising star, i hope she will replace Tica in Jedinstvo when Tica decide its time to go.

Tica will play VNL for sure, but i dont know about Hena or Uzelac, they have WCH preparations.