Brazil - Women's Superliga 2022/2023

• I was rewatching the VNL game against Japan the other day, and Kisy was so good. I hope she can regain her form, she was actually my favorite out of the opposite prospects.

Tainara IMO has shown the most improvement when compared to a year ago, but she's still way too streaky, and I'm not sure if she's going to become more consistent in time for Paris.

I would like to see some sort of rotation system for the first few weeks of the VNL. Let Rosamaria rest and give Kisy, Tainara, Lorenne, Lorrayna and Edinara a chance to prove themselves. Then take whoever does the best to the finals along with Rosamaria (that is, if we qualify lol).

• Yeah, Kisy was my favorite too. She had such a good run from Superliga finals, to the South American Championship and then to the VNL. It's a shame she collapsed during the WCH.

Lorenne has no power in her swing, Tainara is super hit-or-miss and Rosa is so... meh. Perhaps Lorrayna will show up post-Paris after spending a few seasons abroad, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Any bets for the Copa Brasil? Here are mine:

Sesi-Bauru vs. Fluminense: Bauru's drop of form is truly baffling. It's true that the team might've been overperforming a little bit in the beginning of the season given their squad's limitations, but there's no reason why they should be this bad. Unless they magically start playing like they were a few months ago, I can't see them winning this. Fluminense does have a tendency to choke against bigger teams, but I don't think they'll be intimidated by this Bauru. Fluminense wins it 3-0.

Osasco vs. Sesc-Flamengo: I don't really care who wins this, all I want is a five-setter. I think Osasco has a slight edge, though, so I'm going to go with 3-2 Osasco.

Praia Clube vs. Barueri: The most one-sided matchup on paper, since it's the 1st place vs. the 8th place. However, Barueri usually gives Praia a hard time, so I don't think it will be as straight forward as one might expect. That being said, Praia is still the clear favorite. Praia wins it 3-1.

Minas vs. Pinheiros: Pinheiros beat Minas 3-0 less than a month ago. Since then, Minas has been playing better, but they've also been facing weaker oponents (the 3 teams at the bottom of the table + a dead Sesi-Bauru), so we don't know how they'll react if they are put under pressure. Minas is probably still the favorite, but I am an optimist and believe that Pinheiros can pull another upset. Pinheiros wins it 3-2.

• I don't think Pinheiros will win. I even think Minas has a shot of winning it very easily by 3x0...but I agree with the rest, although I'd hate to see Osasco advance...

• I don't think Pinheiros will win. I even think Minas has a shot of winning it very easily by 3x0...but I agree with the rest, although I'd hate to see Osasco advance...

As I said, I am an optimist lol

• I expect all the favorites (Minas, Praia) to win it 3-0. Bauru might pull it together and win because Flu is historically also a mess, so I wouldn't be surprised if Bauru wins 3-0. I also want to see a tiebreak for the other game, hopefully with a Sesc win.

• Yeah, you know what? I take that back about Fluminense. They look awful. So many silly mistakes.

Really ugly game in general, I wish we could eliminate both teams.

• Fluminense Won. I Saw Just the tie break and It was good. I can ser clearly the players improving in Fluminense side. Some good work hás been doing there.

Bauru needs an opp. I like the libero who os playing instead Leia. Bauru should try tô Hire Martinez sisters and a ok/good Opp. Someone às Lorrayna, Lorenne...

• I'm happy that Fluminense advanced for maybe their first semifinal in decades but Sesi was robbed in the tie break.

• Actually, Edinara would bê a safe bet for Bauru.

Dani Lins/ Edinara

B. Martinez/ Karina

Martinez/ Lorena

Leia

• Brazil hás a Lot of good líberos right nów . The pool of players in OH and Opp must increase.

• If flamengo hád a good Opp would bê a great team.

• The level of Brazilian teams its not like in the past ( Rio vs Osasco era) but the pool of mid level teams its deep. Something really good imo.

• Possibly a hot take but I see no reason to not invite Lara at least to the Pan Games. Sure we have a bunch of good young MBs coming up, but she's so good.

• I dont know How Valquíria os a starting player... Not good on attack and is slow imo. Mayany and Julia Kudiess às Bench player this season. Hope Berbaigives chances to Ju

• It must be so good to play with Juciely knowing that she'll be there wherever you set the ball :heart:

• Possibly a hot take but I see no reason to not invite Lara at least to the Pan Games. Sure we have a bunch of good young MBs coming up, but she's so good.

I'd like to see her in the NT too. I think that if it was only about the season she's having, she'd be called, but they are probably going to give priority to younger promising players who can be in the NT for a long time. Like Lara is playing better than, say, Larissa Besen at the moment, but I think Larissa is more likely to get a call.