Brazil - Women's Superliga 2022/2023

• It'd be very on brand for Praia to get most of the standouts this season and just never use them lol Jussara would be good for teams like Fluminense, Pinheiros or Brasília I think. If she performs like this with someone like Francine, she could be even better with a better setter lol

But yeah, I like Lanna too. She's doing well moving up slowly though, Brasília is a good place to develop it seems. I don't know about Barueri since Zé already has a bunch of other youngsters in his roster (Larissa, Lívia and Luzia), but the other teams I mentioned above might also be good choices for her.

Speaking of MBs, I just want Lorena to leave Bauru lol

I think Jussara can aim higher than Brasília, she should be in the playoffs at least. I would love to have her in Pinheiros, though!

By the way, I just noticed the five best blockers of the competition so far are all under 1.90: Lanna is 1.87, Adenízia and Lara are 1.85, Jussara is 1.84 and Carol is 1.83. It's true that the players in the Superliga are shorter on average than those playing in Italy or Turkey, but still. It goes to show that height isn't everything.

• CBV WHERE'S OUR VIDEO CHALLENGE??? This is getting ridiculous.

Also Claudinha set Jineiry a hundred times in the end of the fourth set and it wasn't working... Guess who she sets on match point? :S

Fun game overall, though. Great to see Anne playing again.

• Is there any young setter this season who could join Roberta and Macris?:/

I think that Naiane deserves a call. I still can’t believe that Chemik let her go and hired 40 yo Fabiola.. She played really good in the last year’s finals, when Kowalewska was already injured.

• I think that Naiane deserves a call. I still can’t believe that Chemik let her go and hired 40 yo Fabiola.. She played really good in the last year’s finals, when Kowalewska was already injured.

If I'm not mistaken, Naiane wanted to come back but I don't know if they offered to renew with her.

• I think that Naiane deserves a call. I still can’t believe that Chemik let her go and hired 40 yo Fabiola.. She played really good in the last year’s finals, when Kowalewska was already injured.

I think that Naiane had already a Deal with Pinheiros.

Honestly, I hope at least one of them stays in the NT after Paris, otherwise we're screwed lol. The best setter in the Superliga is 38-year-old Dani Lins, which should tell you something.

I like Naiane a lot, but she's still a bit inconsistent. She can be amazing when she's on, but she also has days when all her sets become very imprecise. She's getting better, though, and I think she has the potential.

Carol Leite is not as flashy as Naiane, but she's more reliable. Naiane and Carol Leite should be the duo for the Pan American Games this year since we're probably not sending our main team.

Giovana from Osasco is also having a good season, but her height could become an issue at the international level. And I don't trust Juma, though she's fun to watch.

Note that none of them are young per se. Carol Leite and Juma are 30 and Naiane and Giovana are 28. But all of the "new gen" girls are way too green to be in contention at the moment.

• This is crazy lol. The price you pay for being the best...

Side note: Bernardinho is so patient with the foreign girls. I was definitely expecting a NA CAROL NÃO PORRA 2.0 after Roni tried to tip over Carol for the fifth time.

• Anne Buijs with 66% attack efficiency and zero errors :white: Such a waste to have her on the bench. If Praia had someone like Natinha, they could probably test out a formation with Anne, Tainara and Brayelin all starting. Unfortunately, that's just never going to work with Suelen.

Also, I'm not the one to say that Zé should give so and so a call to the NT after one good match, but, given our opposite situation, I'm going to be upset if he doesn't at least give Edinara a chance. I know it's a bit late to be bringing new players into the group, but I can't see any of the younger opposites (Tainara/Kisy/Lorrayna, basically) developing fast enough to be ready for the Olympics. It's a shame, 'cause I really liked the Tainara/Kisy duo in theory: one has what the other lacks.

• Anne Buijs with 66% attack efficiency and zero errors :white: Such a waste to have her on the bench. If Praia had someone like Natinha, they could probably test out a formation with Anne, Tainara and Brayelin all starting. Unfortunately, that's just never going to work with Suelen.

Also, I'm not the one to say that Zé should give so and so a call to the NT after one good match, but, given our opposite situation, I'm going to be upset if he doesn't at least give Edinara a chance. I know it's a bit late to be bringing new players into the group, but I can't see any of the younger opposites (Tainara/Kisy/Lorrayna, basically) developing fast enough to be ready for the Olympics. It's a shame, 'cause I really liked the Tainara/Kisy duo in theory: one has what the other lacks.

Typical Anna in Superliga. She might be a beast during preliminary rounds but she always flops during playoffs. Last year I think she scored a total of 0 points in the two gold medal matches.

• I genuinely think Edinara is just a league-level player. I don't see her performing well internationally at all lol I don't particularly like any of the potential OPPs in the group, but I'd still stick with them I guess... With Julia on the picture and Daroit on the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if Rosa ends up taking the position even though she's mediocre.

Anyway, hopefully one of them steps up big time until next year...

• I genuinely think Edinara is just a league-level player. I don't see her performing well internationally at all lol I don't particularly like any of the potential OPPs in the group, but I'd still stick with them I guess... With Julia on the picture and Daroit on the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if Rosa ends up taking the position even though she's mediocre.

Anyway, hopefully one of them steps up big time until next year...

image.png

I think that, no matter what, Gabi will be carrying the load of being the go-to player/biggest scorer. Unfortunately, we probably won't have a "true" OPP in that sense.

Edinara, while very far from the level of the top OPPs internationally, is at least more reliable than Tainara or Kisy. When Edinara is bad, she's still scoring decently. When Tainara and Kisy are bad, they are BAD. I'm still rooting for them and hope that they keep improving. But I think Edinara should at least be tested, just in case.

I also think Rosa should get one of the OPP spots. Not only is she the most consistent, she's decent in reception, which can be useful. If we were to play a more offensive formation with Ana Cristina, Rosa could pass for her, for example.

• I think that, no matter what, Gabi will be carrying the load of being the go-to player/biggest scorer. Unfortunately, we probably won't have a "true" OPP in that sense.

Edinara, while very far from the level of the top OPPs internationally, is at least more reliable than Tainara or Kisy. When Edinara is bad, she's still scoring decently. When Tainara and Kisy are bad, they are BAD. I'm still rooting for them and hope that they keep improving. But I think Edinara should at least be tested, just in case.

I also think Rosa should get one of the OPP spots. Not only is she the most consistent, she's decent in reception, which can be useful. If we were to play a more offensive formation with Ana Cristina, Rosa could pass for her, for example.

yeah, you got a point there...

also funny how we all keep forgetting about Lorenne lol I wish Zé would too

• yeah, you got a point there...

also funny how we all keep forgetting about Lorenne lol I wish Zé would too

lol yeah I did forget about Lorenne... I'm not the biggest fan of hers, but she probably deserves to be considered too after the game vs. Japan. Do you know if she's doing well in the Russian league?

• lol yeah I did forget about Lorenne... I'm not the biggest fan of hers, but she probably deserves to be considered too after the game vs. Japan. Do you know if she's doing well in the Russian league?

I'm grateful for that match and 2019 as a whole, but she's just ugh...

I have no idea about how she's doing in Russia though. :(

• I saw a couple of games from Lokomotiv Kaliningrad this season and what caught my attention was that Lorenne seems to have lost power, she used to be really strong in her Barueri days but now she seems weak, at the WWCH this was already something I noticed, but now it seems that get it worse, and yeah she is having a bad season there, but I think she is dealing with some physical issue. But, knowing ZRG, I'm pretty sure she will be there and I wouldn't doubted if at the starting 6. Lorrayna are in a roller coaster in Bergamo, Tainara is Tainara: one bomb, one straight into the block and another in the space, Kisy this season is apathetic as everyone are in Minas LOL.

Maiara Basso and Edinara are the best BR OPP playing in SL, that's a fact. I think the scenario left space to try something this year, there's a lot of games and different competitions, we will problably have two teams or a major number of players, so I wouldn't mind have Edinara playing at some Pan American Games or a couple of games at the preliminary round of VNL, it's not like we have a dominant player at this position who will not give space to anyone because it's a phenomenon.

• What is funny is that Kisy has a better spiking percentage in comparison to Tainara this season but watching the matches I would never bet on this.