Chinese Female Superleague 2023/2024 (with 2023 Chinese National Championship and Winner National Championship)

• Here are YT links to some recent matches. The cameras now have a better angle and the clips are clearer compared to the earlier links. I can’t get clear and undistorted clips via the Weibo links...not sure about you guys. Players to watch out for include...

(Shanghai) No.3 Liu Zhening OH, No.8 Wang Yindi OP, No.16 Chen Houyu MB

(Jiangsu) No.5 Zhou Yetong OP, No.8 Wu Mengjie OH, No.13 Yang Jia MB

(Fujian) No.8 Zhuang Yushan OH.

Shanghai vs. Fujian

Jiangsu. vs. Fujian

Jiangsu vs. Shanghai

• The competition is coming to a conclusion with the top 4 teams (after the Pool stages) playing a single round robin and followed by play offs between the 3rd and 4th ranked teams for the Bronze, and between 1st and 2nd ranked teams for the Gold Medal..

(April 27-30)

tomen

Let me know if there’re links available for live action, thanks. :)

• Shanghai 3:1 Tianjin

Without LYY, Tianjin is quite ordinary imo...:|

Tianjin needs to strengthen their reserves. That is the only way for LYY to go abroad, but neither Wang Yizhu or Chen Boya can keep the team on top unfortunately.

Shanghai is also without their star player Zhong Hui and main setter Xu xiaoting, but are still able to compete.

• Glad you’re following this as well, I was thinking that maybe tomen and I are the only ones watching :lol:

btw here are the links for yesterday’s matches, in case you wanna watch a replay....

Tianjin vs. Shanghai

Jiangsu vs. Fujian

I think Jiangsu are the favourites for the title. Yesterday Zhuang YS tried to carry the team but Jiangsu was just too strong for them. I’m looking forward to JS vs Shanghai tonight. :D

• So, tomorrow 30 April, competition will come to an abrupt conclusion....Tianjin will play Fujian for third place, and the gold medal match will be between Shanghai and Jiangsu.

Jiangsu will be the favourites. They’re almost the same side which had a good showing in the 22/23 CVL. This meant that there is better integration and teamwork. They are without Diao Linyu, but young Sun Yan is a capable replacement. OH Wu Mengjie and OP Zhou Yetong are two outstanding attackers who really should be training with the NT squad.

In contrast, the Shanghai team is missing some key players...OH Zhong Hui, MB Gao Yi, setter Xu Xiaoting and their Mexican import, Samantha Bricio. Team coordination is lacking and at times quite messy. Their replacement setter is nowhere near the standard of Xu, and as a result the attackers struggle with poor, inaccurate settings. Hopefully things can improve for them, so that the final match will be a strongly contested.

• Shi Hairong is doing a good job developing these young players! I know he's been working with them ever since U18/U16 youth days, but they've already come so far in progress. I'm glad he took over the Jiangsu club because Cai Bin would've slowed their growth.

• Jiangsu are the Champions 🥇🏆

Shanghai, runners-up 🥈

Tianjin, third place 🥉

Fujian, fourth place

CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams !

In tonight’s final Jiangsu won in 3 sets over Shanghai 25:15, 25:10 and 26:24

If you have the chance, try to catch a replay of the match, especially the third set. Jiangsu players were in good form tonight, especially Zhou Yetong the opposite and setter Sun Yan who were both outstanding. Overall Jiangsu had more fire power and better team cohesion compared to Shanghai.

• Jiangsu's young players are developing at a quicker rate than other young players because they have more playing opportunities in the league. For Shanghai and Tianjin their starters at this tournament are mostly on the bench during the league which is why their skills have more ups and downs. I hope Fujian can find Zhuang Yushan some help otherwise she will burn out and get injured carrying this team for years to come.

• 2023 U17 Winner National Championship: May 7 - May 19

http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-imysqxpt3287697.shtml

The head coach of Shanghai U17 is Zhang Lei.

The assistant coach of Zhejiang U17 is Li Jing.

• This year's Chinese National Championship will start on Aug. 23.

The news are waiting.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• https://weibo.com/5422969650/NfMXHe5At?layerid=4937631333358073

The rosters and schedule of Chinese National Championship

Deng Meng-ke (OP) returned to Henan VC.

Wang Chen (S/OP) will be reactive due to lack of the setters of Sichuan VC.

Zhuang Xin-ru (OH) joins Yunnan VC. I don't know when she will return to Shanghai VC.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• the result of Day 1:

http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-imzifafu3160979.shtml

PS:

Shanghai 1-3 Guangdong

Zhang Yu-qian played as an OP in the full match.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu