2023 Men's Volleyball Challenger Cup

• CVA announced the roster of VCC 2023:

S - Yu Yao-chen, Guo Cheng

OP - Dai Qing-yao, Wen Zi-hua

OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Zhai De-jun, Li Lei

MB - Li Yong-zhen, Rao Shu-han, Miao Ruan-tong

L - Tong Jia-hua

other players such as Peng Shi-kun, Wang Bin and Wang He-bin will participate in 2023 Chengdu Universiade beginning on July 30 as the event of male indoor volleyball.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Chinese fans hate referees of VNL and VCC.

Yes, I still hate them.

In fact, it's simple that FIVB knows that CVA didn't like male volleyball.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I wish Gurbuz will get some playing time in Fenerbahce, because it's so annoying to watch him thrive in NT and think that he may end as a backup of Luburic (decent, but not top opposite). The same happened with Bostan, who, technically, is really a decent talent, but basically wasted a year and moved to France to get some playing time (fortunately he should receive a starting role in Narbonne and France is really a setter-friendly league). So annoying to follow.

I like what I see from Bayram this season - last year he had some health problems and was terrible during U22 ECH (Turkey would've played in the final if he had played on his normal level in Poland), this year he still struggles in a reception from time to time, but his serve and attack is on point. I hope he will establish himself as a legit starter in Serie A in Cisterna. I wish the other Efe were there, with Gurbuz, Mirza, Adis obviously - it would've been an amazing lineup of the spikers...

This tomorrow game against Ukraine looks like the most important 'winnable' game that Turkey has ever played??? Obviously, there was this close 1/8 from the last WCH against USA or game against Cuba (or ECH game against Serbia), but this is a first time Turkey is actually a favorite to make it to the VNL. And while I don't think Turkey actually has played well this season, they've been winning due to having better players and not actually due to being a better team (I hope you know what I mean by that) - this is a chance they shouldn't waste. Fun match to follow for sure.

No disrespect to Chile or Qatar, but the other semi looks like a premature final for obvious reasons. Wondering what Turkish users think about it.

• I think Kaan would be starting in most of the games. But he shouldn't stay in Fenerbahçe anyway. I think he should move to Poland/Italy even if he doesn't end up on bench.

I really think playing VNL would help players to go abroad. Players like Mirza, Kaan, Arda, Efe Mandıracı, Bedirhan should move to better leagues to continue their developments.

What do you think about Mirza? I think Mirza's ceiling is higher than Efe Bayram but sitting on Arkas bench won't help.

No idea how Efe Mandıracı will return after 2nd ACL surgery. He could play in Italy easily. I really hope he can return to a decent shape and play injury free.

Turkish clubs doesn't trust young setters. They sign 40 yo setters instead of giving chance to young talents. So I'm glad Arda is moving to France. I wish Oğulcan would make same decision. Waiting behind Arslan Ekşi won't help.

• We have a really good generation coming and I'm glad that our trainer give chances to Mirza and Efe instead of well established player like Burutay for example. Efe Mandiraci was our most talented player, ever. I think his ceiling is even higher than Adis. However 2 ACL in a row is really hard to recover since his biggest strength was his insane jumping skills. On the other hand, we have İlkin aydın in our female team who has two Achilles tendon rupture at very young age but she recovered and now playing as starter. I still have hope from Mandiraci.🙏 Until he recovers, Efe bayram and Mirza can get the job done. Mirza is a fantastic attacker and blocker. His weakness at reception and defense is making it hard to start both with him and Efe Bayram who is not a solid receiver himself. It is good to have Burutay at the bench who can be a good sub when one of the youngsters is struggling. I wonder why Yiğit Gulmezoglu is not in the final roster. denzz got any idea? Is he injured? Otherwise I can't imagine coach would pick a random player like Enes Aylı over Yiğit🤦 even Burak could be more useful player as backrow sub.

I hope other youngsters would follow adis, Efe, Arda and play abroad. Efe's development after a season is remarkable!

My last remark is about Adis. He was very disappointing during European League. Yesterday played 'just okay' for his standards. We really need him at his top game today otherwise I would like the coach would start with Kaan instead of him. As Realista mentioned, turkey lost 3 very critical games (WCh and ECH quarters and challenger final) all these could have been their breakout tournaments. They really need to win today and final will be an easy game. Playing VNL will be very important to collect world ranking points and get experience at top international level 🙏

• We have a really good generation coming and I'm glad that our trainer give chances to Mirza and Efe instead of well established player like Burutay for example. Efe Mandiraci was our most talented player, ever. I think his ceiling is even higher than Adis. However 2 ACL in a row is really hard to recover since his biggest strength was his insane jumping skills. On the other hand, we have İlkin aydın in our female team who has two Achilles tendon rupture at very young age but she recovered and now playing as starter. I still have hope from Mandiraci.🙏 Until he recovers, Efe bayram and Mirza can get the job done. Mirza is a fantastic attacker and blocker. His weakness at reception and defense is making it hard to start both with him and Efe Bayram who is not a solid receiver himself. It is good to have Burutay at the bench who can be a good sub when one of the youngsters is struggling. I wonder why Yiğit Gulmezoglu is not in the final roster. denzz got any idea? Is he injured? Otherwise I can't imagine coach would pick a random player like Enes Aylı over Yiğit🤦 even Burak could be more useful player as backrow sub.

I hope other youngsters would follow adis, Efe, Arda and play abroad. Efe's development after a season is remarkable!

My last remark is about Adis. He was very disappointing during European League. Yesterday played 'just okay' for his standards. We really need him at his top game today otherwise I would like the coach would start with Kaan instead of him. As Realista mentioned, turkey lost 3 very critical games (WCh and ECH quarters and challenger final) all these could have been their breakout tournaments. They really need to win today and final will be an easy game. Playing VNL will be very important to collect world ranking points and get experience at top international level 🙏

Yiğit is injured. I don't know why Burak Güngör was cut at the beginning of summer. Maybe he is injured as well.

• To be honest, I don’t think we played well. We need to play better today against Ukraine. Burutay and Samed need to start. I didn’t feel like we have a game plan. Arslan doesn’t play like a 40 years old setter. Our MBs ae really bad at block.

both Yigit and Burak are injured. Mirza is a good talent at attack and block, however, he is quite poor in receiving, defense, and serve. Though, he played good yesterday in those areas.